What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

1511554_715882188430636_418676950_n.jpg

Two Killed in Pakistan Air Force Mirage Crash
Posted on: January 16th, 2014

Newly refurbished by PAC Kamra, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) two-seat Mirage 5DD 04.002, formerly with the Libyan Air Force, taxies out for a test flight from Kamra-Minhas on February 18, 2007, flown by a 25 Squadron pilot. A two-seat PAF Mirage was lost in a crash today during a training flight from PAF Base Masroor/Sargodha, killing both crew members. AFD-Alan Warnes

A PAKISTAN Air Force (PAF) Dassault Mirage crashed today during a routine training mission, killing both crew members. The aircraft had taken off from PAF Base Masroor/Sargodha, but suffered a technical problem and came down in fields in the Qadir Abad area of the Mandi Bahauddin district of Punjab province.
The cause of the malfunction could not immediately be ascertained. A PAF team has arrived at the crash site and commenced an investigation. AFD-Dave Allport

They need to phase out these old tin Mirages ASAP.
I guess a decision well out of your reach, as the decision makers have to consider multiple dimensions before they put it to action. Let it be their prerogative and their call.

RIP..... :(

Two Killed in Pakistan Air Force Mirage Crash
Posted on: January 16th, 2014

Newly refurbished by PAC Kamra, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) two-seat Mirage 5DD 04.002, formerly with the Libyan Air Force, taxies out for a test flight from Kamra-Minhas on February 18, 2007, flown by a 25 Squadron pilot. A two-seat PAF Mirage was lost in a crash today during a training flight from PAF Base Masroor/Sargodha, killing both crew members. AFD-Alan Warnes

A PAKISTAN Air Force (PAF) Dassault Mirage crashed today during a routine training mission, killing both crew members. The aircraft had taken off from PAF Base Masroor/Sargodha, but suffered a technical problem and came down in fields in the Qadir Abad area of the Mandi Bahauddin district of Punjab province.
The cause of the malfunction could not immediately be ascertained. A PAF team has arrived at the crash site and commenced an investigation. AFD-Dave Allport
Is it ROSE Mirage-5 or simple one ?

FB Post from Air Commodore (R) MHK Dotani about crashes like this recent one:

Muhammad Dotani shared Zuha Saeed's photo.
January 20
Most of the people giving their opinions don't know much about air craft.Agreed these are old Air craft but these are fit to fly otherwise Air force will not fly them.there are hundred and one reasons, best known to the pilot to act.just making statements does not solve the problem.let the inquiry decide what happened.most of the parts of aircraft, engine are replaced after their useabl life.Ejaction seats are checked, both seats could not be defective.many a time speed, height or some unknown reason could be the reason when a senior highly experienced pilot could decide against standard operating procedures.I have done it.sometimes you are lucky to come back and tell the tale and sometimes you don't.we should pray for departed souls and not as a always play the blame game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry to post in this thread, but I thought that respected AC (R) Dotani's views were very relevant in this context.

January 20
Most of the people giving their opinions don't know much about air craft.Agreed these are old Air craft but these are fit to fly otherwise Air force will not fly them.there are hundred and one reasons, best known to the pilot to act.just making statements does not solve the problem.let the inquiry decide what happened.most of the parts of aircraft, engine are replaced after their useabl life.Ejaction seats are checked, both seats could not be defective.many a time speed, height or some unknown reason could be the reason when a senior highly experienced pilot could decide against standard operating procedures.I have done it.sometimes you are lucky to come back and tell the tale and sometimes you don't.we should pray for departed souls and not as a always play the blame game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry to post in this thread, but I thought that respected AC (R) Dotani's views were very relevant in this context.

Sir Dotani has a lot of experience on Mirages and he is right on the money here.

We lost a highly experieced Fighter Pilot and a Trainee in this Crash.

We have to learn to live with these limitations. These aircrafts are getting old and weary but still they are serving a purpose for a financially Strapped Pakistan Air Force.

Rest in peace brave and Gallant Warriors, your Nation will never forget your sacrifices.

January 20
Most.......always play the blame game.

But the blame must be apportioned - We lost a highly experienced fighter pilot, a, presumably, promising trainee pilot & a fairly useful aircraft !

I think when people are asking for 'whose to blame' in an implicit or even an explicit manner they're not asking for the names of those responsible but a hope that their will be an investigation into this so that our pilots & our platforms are safe in the future !

Judging by the fact that this is another crash after a few crashes these past 2-3 years - the frustration is justifiable !

Sad to know about the loss, May there soul rest in peace.

I hope that Gov takes notice and make funds available to speed up the production of JF-17 Blk-II and then move onto Blk-III.
we have lots of old aircraft in service tat we need to replace before anymore loss of life and property. These accidents also do not look well on the air force own image and need to be taken care off. there had been rumors that the JF-17 production have slowed due to funds and gov must pay attention and make the funds available.
If PAF cannot go for new platforms in form of J-10B or else it is understandable but losing JF-17 production is not good at all. Need to maintain some sort of balance and deterrence.

Requiescat In Pacem!
A useful and honorable job equals an honorable death!
Salute and respect.
A Friend of mine's elder brother is Mirage Pilot he was told to his brother that PAF pilots try it at very last moment to survive the Jet. Thats why they loss their lives,

Last edited:
A Friend of mine's elder brother is Mirage Pilot he was told his brother that PAF pilots try it at very last moment to survive the Jet. Thats way they loss their lives,

what he told you is a fact. Their realization for the aircraft as a national asset is too high.

what he told you is a fact. Their realization for the aircraft as a national asset is too high.

The Mirages are a National Asset ? :unsure:

I would understand were the analogy applied to a Jf-17 or an F-16 but a Mirage ? :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom