What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

According to latest report pilot SQN leader Muhammad Iqbal is safe:tup: :tup: :tup: :yahoo:

The aircraft crashed into a mountainous area between Dureji and Uthal in Lasbela District.
mauripur_jun12.jpg

Both pilots on board, one instructor and a trainee, were safe in the incident as they ejected from the plane before it crashed, Pakistan air force (PAF) spokesman told media.

Evidently, it was a twin seat Mirage jet.

I think old airframe and too much sorties due to WoT are major reasons.

Anxiously waiting for any news about pilot.

I think PAF has to Induct JF-17 quickly in order to phase out vintage Mirages . Regarding too much sorties? Why cant the PAF use Newly inducted JF-17 thunders instead of vintage mirages.

I think PAF has to Induct JF-17 quickly in order to phase out vintage Mirages . Regarding too much sorties? Why cant the PAF use Newly inducted JF-17 thunders instead of vintage mirages.

There are no duel seat JF-17 currently in the PAF inventory, hence it has to use the twin seater Mirages and FT-7s as lead in trainers.

Fighter jet crashes in Balochistan, no casualties

By AFP
Published: June 12, 2012

This picture shows a Mirage fighter jet taxis out of a hanger. A Pakistan air force mirage crashed in Balochistan on Tuesday. PHOTO: AFP/FILE

KARACHI: A Pakistani fighter jet crashed in the south of the country Tuesday while on routine training but the pilot ejected safely and there were no casualties on the ground, an air force official said.

The French-built Mirage jet took off from the Pakistan Air Force’s Masroor Base in Arabian Sea port city of Karachi and crashed near the town of Uthal in Balochistan, air force spokesman Squadron Leader Mohammad Nadeem told AFP.

Uthal is around 60 kilometres west of Karachi.

“The pilot ejected successfully and safely,” the spokesman said, adding the cause of the accident would be determined after an investigation.

No loss of civilian life or property was reported on ground, he said.

It was the second Mirage aircraft crash in the region in a month.
A Mirage-V crashed on May 11 while its pilot ejected safely as well.

The Pakistan Air Force has a fleet of Chinese aircraft including F-7PGs and A-5s, plus US-built F-16s and French Mirages. It recently acquired JF-17s Thunder jets, manufactured jointly by China and Pakistan.

Fighter jet crashes in Balochistan, no casualties – The Express Tribune

PAF Mirage jet crashes; pilot safe | Business Standard

serious thread for paf
because jf-17 thunder already facing financial crisis
so why paf is not grounding all mirage v for complete test
2nd last week we hear that mirage rebuild factory got fire is that true

Relax - The Pilot is safe - Mirages are too old (Built in 60's).PAF should speed up JF-17 production and replace Mirages ASAP.

Mirages are old aircraft. I think They are teaching to the trainee how to eject successfully.
They have old air frame. I think they are expired now, So may be using this for training purpose and ejection prospects.

If it was one of the older VD models.. it was bound to happen..
There is limit to what can be done with 45 year old airframes.

If it was one of the older VD models.. it was bound to happen..
There is limit to what can be done with 45 year old airframes.

I see RAF Lancaster flying over the Hills,two three times a year......and thats a 2nd WW plane.

I see RAF Lancaster flying over the Hills,two three times a year......and thats a 2nd WW plane.

Yeah, but these planes are flying regularly, I doubt the Lancaster is doing more than a few dozen hours a year, and that too in exhibitions.

Try getting the crew who fly it and maintain it to tell how carefully they treat it..
This is not the case with a fighter being used operationally.

Yeah, but these planes are flying regularly, I doubt the Lancaster is doing more than a few dozen hours a year, and that too in exhibitions.

Also, Lancaster has four engines, even if two stop working, it can still maintain it's flight.

Back
Top Bottom