What's new

NOTAMS/NAVAREA IX Navigation Warnings for Exercises/Missile Tests

My own back on enevelop calculations, its almost exactly 4000 KM from Tilla Space Port, (33 20 N, 73 17 E)

the question here is they will fire the missile from sonmiani or tila jogiyaan ?

@The Deterrent I have a question. Our tests, especially the long range ones, are always conducted East to West whereas in actual war they need to be fired West to East. How do we compensate for this?

Isn't this unusual for Pakistan to issue a five day notice?
This one is a very long notice with launch window of 4 hours each day for five days.
Usually it's two days notice tops.
It is indeed unusual. :drag:
It doesn't make sense. Why don't you use the empty thousands of miles of Chinese mountains and fire this from one end to 4k-5k into it if that's the purpose?

See this is the issue. Its being fired right off the end of Pakistan. Why wouldn't you fire this from close to the border of Afghanistan to the end point, that would give you a few more thousands of miles easy if you wanted to test that long range. Or ask the Chinese to throw it in their mountaneous regions that are empty.
Because its safer to launch from the coast. Pakistan can launch past Madagascar if it wants to, the Indian Ocean is available to us.

@The Deterrent I have a question. Our tests, especially the long range ones, are always conducted East to West whereas in actual war they need to be fired West to East. How do we compensate for this?
If you're referring to the INS calibration, its fed the geodesic model of the region to it always compensates for that.
If you're referring to the rotation of the Earth, yes it effects the missile's trajectory if not accounted for, but the firing solution is computed by using the entire model so required changes are compensated by the mission computer. Thats how every nation does it.

the question here is they will fire the missile from sonmiani or tila jogiyaan ?
If it’s a new longer range one than almost certainly Tilla.

As for the delay, when missiles are fired into the Ocean, Navy ships are detailed to go and recover debris. Since said debris if it falls into enemy hands can reveal a lot to them. Presumably the delay is getting assets there.

It is indeed unusual. :drag:

Because its safer to launch from the coast. Pakistan can launch past Madagascar if it wants to, the Indian Ocean is available to us.

If you're referring to the INS calibration, its fed the geodesic model of the region to it always compensates for that.
If you're referring to the rotation of the Earth, yes it effects the missile's trajectory if not accounted for, but the firing solution is computed by using the entire model so required changes are compensated by the mission computer. Thats how every nation does it.

But sir, the mission computer needs to be tested for the West to East case! Yes, I am referring to Earth's rotation.

Navy guys are really gearing up. @RASHID MEHMOOD Sir something going on behind the scenes or is there is a specific threat?
Tests coming up, long range and THEY will be the ones collecting some valuable data. I think the activity you have noticed is related to this.

Lolz,
HERE! :)
Just saw that THIS below have been updated. :) THis is what i am talking about.
Pakistan Navy issues Navigational Warning

SECURITE

250300 UTC JAN 2018

NAVAREA IX (.) 025/18 ARABIAN SEA (.) PAKISTAN (.) CHARTS
PAK 33, 57 (INT 751), 58 (7019) BA 4071 AND 4705 (.)

2. MISSILE FIRING WILL BE CARRIED OUT BETWEEN 0530 TO 0930
UTC FROM 28 JAN TO 01 FEB 2018 IN AREA BOUNDED BY FOLLOWING
COORDINATES:

(A) 25-43.83N 066-19.45E
(B) 25-16.83N 067-11.36E
(C) 01-59.01N 054-20.98E
(D) 02-25.45N 053-34.10E

SAFETY HEIGHT: 580 KILOMETRES

3. SHIPS AND CRAFT ARE TO KEEP WELL CLEAR AND NOT TO ENTER
ASSIGNED DANGER AREA ON ABOVE SPECIFIED DATES AND TIME (.)

4. CANCEL THIS MESSAGE ON 011030 UTC FEB 2018.

View attachment 449881
https://www.paknavy.gov.pk/securite/20180125SEC 025.txt

View attachment 449882

Probable 3rd Shaheen-III test launch.

Isn't this unusual for Pakistan to issue a five day notice?
This one is a very long notice with launch window of 4 hours each day for five days.
Usually it's two days notice tops.
Weather must have played a role in this!!

My own back on enevelop calculations, its almost exactly 4000 KM from Tilla Space Port, (33 20 N, 73 17 E)
Sonmiani! Tila is not being used currently.
sonmiani.... now we don't fire missiles from tila jogiyaan
That was (Tila i mean) active mostly when AQ had a say and the liquid fuel ones were in big time!
That changed and so did the test fire range!

Nothing stops us from testing zarb harbah zarba babur harbour and barber in the same designated area btw :p:

I have lost track of the names at this point lol

If it’s a new longer range one than almost certainly Tilla.
Pakistan stopped launches from Tilla back in 2000. The facility was moved to a more western location and is used to launch the Ghauris to this date.

As for the delay, when missiles are fired into the Ocean, Navy ships are detailed to go and recover debris. Since said debris if it falls into enemy hands can reveal a lot to them. Presumably the delay is getting assets there.
Nope, nothing is retrieved from the ocean in case of a ballistic missile launch. Its too difficult to spot, let alone recover for anyone.
But sir, the mission computer needs to be tested for the West to East case! Yes, I am referring to Earth's rotation.
Simulated data is enough for testing that, the entire system doesn't needs to be physically launched in order to verify the functionality of earth rotation models.
That was (Tila i mean) active mostly when AQ had a say and the liquid fuel ones were in big time!
That changed and so did the test fire range!
To add to that, the Shaheen series has been launched from the coast since the 2000s.

Nothing stops us from testing zarb harbah zarba babur harbour and barber in the same designated area btw :p:

Or any other Shaheen series BM. Just saying.

A
Pakistan stopped launches from Tilla back in 2000. The facility was moved to a more western location and is used to launch the Ghauris to this date.

Nope, nothing is retrieved from the ocean in case of a ballistic missile launch. Its too difficult to spot, let alone recover for anyone.

Simulated data is enough for testing that, the entire system doesn't needs to be physically launched in order to verify the functionality of earth rotation models.

To add to that, the Shaheen series has been launched from the coast since the 2000s.

Or any other Shaheen series BM. Just saying.
Or Taimur..Tipu...ICBM and Ababeel-3 with 10 MIRV ;)

Only pointy missiles will be tested. Babur is not pointy enough

Back
Top Bottom