What's new

Not Hindu-Muslim, We are Bengali first: Awami League Minister in Kolkata

‘হিন্দু-মুসলিম নয়, বাঙালি পরিচয়ই প্রথম’, বললেন বাংলাদেশের তথ্যমন্ত্রী
As I said before, this brat Hasan Mahmud will become soon a new and final Father of Nation of Greater Bengal. But, he is trying to outbid Hasina. Will his immature talk take him into BAL jail or make him the newest leader, only the future can tell. Bloody stupid, monkeying here and there to please the Indians. Very immature guy without knowledge of political science.

‘হিন্দু-মুসলিম নয়, বাঙালি পরিচয়ই প্রথম’, বললেন বাংলাদেশের তথ্যমন্ত্রী

Published by: Sandipta Bhanja | Posted: September 15, 2019 11:58 am| Updated: September 15, 2019 12:03 pm

Ban.jpg

সংবাদ প্রতিদিন ডিজিটাল ডেস্ক:
হিন্দু-মুসলমান নয়, আমাদের প্রথম পরিচয় আমরা বাঙালি, বাংলা ভাষায় কথা বলি। ধর্মীয় পরিচয়কে নসাৎ করে কলকাতায় বসে এভাবেই বাংলা তথা বাঙালির সপক্ষে সুর চড়ালেন বাংলাদেশের তথ্যমন্ত্রী ডঃ হাসান মাহমুদ। কলকাতা প্রেস ক্লাবে মুক্তিযুদ্ধ বিষয়ক এক আলোচনাচক্রে শেখ হাসিনা মন্ত্রিসভার সদস্য গুরুত্বপূর্ণ সদস্য মাহমুদ বলেন, “ধর্মের ভিত্তিতে দেশভাগ হয়ে ভারত-পাকিস্তানের জন্ম হয়েছিল। কিন্তু সেই ভাগ যে ভুল ছিল তা বাংলাদেশ স্বাধীন করার মধ্য দিয়ে প্রমাণ করে দিয়ে গিয়েছেন বঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিবুর রহমান। এপার ও ওপার দুই বাংলা, আমরা পাশাপাশি দুই দেশে থাকি ঠিকই, কিন্তু আমরা প্রথমে বাঙালি, পরে হিন্দু-মুসলমান। ধর্মে প্রথম পরিচয় নয়, আগে মানুষ, পরে জাত-ধর্ম। আমাদের সবারই চেতনায় রবীন্দ্রনাথ-নজরুল। আমাদের মায়ের ভাষা একই, তাই দুই বাংলা তথা বাঙালির অগ্রগতিতে আমরা গর্বিত হই।”

এরপরই তিনি রবীন্দ্রনাথ ঠাকুরের নোবেল প্রাপ্তি থেকে শুরু করে অমর্ত্য সেন, মহম্মদ ইউনুস, জগদীশচন্দ্র বসুর বেতার তরঙ্গ আবিষ্কারের প্রসঙ্গ উত্থাপন করে বাঙালির মেধা ও যোগ্যতার সাফল্য তুলে ধরেন। একজন ইসলাম ধর্মাবলম্বী হয়েও ওপারের মন্ত্রীর আবেগরুদ্ধ কণ্ঠে ‘আমার প্রথম পরিচয় বাঙালি’ সভায় উপস্থিত সবাইকে ছুঁয়ে যায়। নাগরিকপঞ্জি ও ধর্মীয় রাজনীতি নিয়ে যখন পশ্চিমবঙ্গে বিতর্ক চলছে তখন হাসিনা মন্ত্রিসভার এক সদস্যর ধর্মকে পাশে সরিয়ে রেখে এভাবে বাঙালির জয়গান যথেষ্ট নজর কেড়েছে।

বঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিবুর রহমানের জন্মশতবর্ষ শুধুমাত্র বাংলাদেশ নয়, কলকাতা, দিল্লি ও আগরতলায় এক বছর ধরে পালন করা হবে বলে জানিয়ে দিলেন ওপার বাংলার তথ্যমন্ত্রী। এছাড়াও শিলিগুড়ি ও গুয়াহাটিতেও ‘সর্বকালের শ্রেষ্ঠ বাঙালি শেখ মুজিবের’ জন্মশতবর্ষ পালন হবে বলে জানিয়েছেন তিনি। সমস্ত কর্মসূচিতেই দুই বাংলার শিল্পী, সাহিত্যিক ও বিদ্দজ্জনেরা অংশ নেবেন। অনুষ্ঠানের উদ্যোক্তা থাকবে শেখ হাসিনা সরকার। কলকাতায় আইসিসিআর সভাগৃহে এদিন মন্ত্রী বঙ্গবন্ধুকে নিয়ে এক চিত্র প্রদর্শনীর সূচনা করেন।

[আরও পড়ুন: এনআরসি হবেই, অনুপ্রবেশকারীদের বের করে দেওয়া হবে: কৈলাস বিজয়বর্গীয় ]
সেখানে হাসান মাহমুদ বলেন, “এটা আমাদের জাতির জনককে শ্রদ্ধা জানানোর শুরুর শুরু হল। এরপর সারাবছরই কলকাতায় নানা কর্মসূচি হবে।” কলকাতা প্রেসক্লাবে মন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশের মুক্তিযুদ্ধে পাকিস্তানের ভূমিকার তীব্র সমালোচনা করে বলেন, “এখন উন্নয়ন ও অগ্রগতির যে কোনও সূচকের নিরিখে পাকিস্তানের চেয়ে বাংলাদেশ অনেক এগিয়ে। বাংলাদেশ এখন গোটা বিশ্বে উন্নয়নের রোল মডেল। খাদ্যে শুধু স্বনির্ভর নয়, রপ্তানিও করছে।” সভায় বাংলাদেশ যুদ্ধের সময় সংবাদ সংগ্রহের স্মৃতিচারণা করে পাঁচ প্রবীণ সাংবাদিক। দু’টি কর্মসূচিতেই নিজের দেশের তথ্যমন্ত্রীর সঙ্গে ছিলেন কলকাতার উপ-রাষ্ট্রদূত তৌফিক হাসান ও প্রথম সচিব মোফাক্কার ইকবাল।

https://www.sangbadpratidin.in/kolkata/bangladesh-minister-doctor-hassan-mehmud-is-in-kolkata/

Not Hindu-Muslim, our first identity is Bengali, we speak Bengali. Bangladesh's Information Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud played a tune in favor of Bangla and Bangali, while sitting in Kolkata, blaming religious identity. In a discussion on the War of Liberation at the Kolkata Press Club, an important member of Sheikh Hasina cabinet said, “India-Pakistan was born on the basis of religion. But Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman has proved that partition was wrong. Apart from the two Bangla, we live in two countries right, but we are Bengali first, then Hindu-Muslim. Religion is not the first identity, people first, then caste-religion. Rabindranath-Nazrul is in the consciousness of us all. Our mother's language is the same, so we are proud of the progress of two Bengal as well as Bengali. "

Then, from receiving Rabindranath Tagore's Nobel Prize, Amartya Sen, Mohammed Yunus, Jagdish Chandra Bose began to highlight the radio wave and highlighted the success of Bengali talent and talent. Despite being an Islamist, the minister's passionate voice touched everyone present in the meeting, 'my first identity Bengali'. In the West Bengal debate on civic politics and religious politics, Hasina's cabinet member has taken enough notice of the victory by keeping aside the religion of a member of the cabinet.

The information minister of Upper Bengal informed that the birth anniversary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman will be celebrated for one year not only in Bangladesh but in Kolkata, Delhi and Agartala. He also said that the birth anniversary of 'the best Bengali Sheikh Mujib' ever will be observed in Siliguri and Guwahati. All programs will be attended by two Bangla artists, literary and scholars. Sheikh Hasina Sarkar will be the organizer of the event. At the ICCR auditorium in Kolkata, the minister inaugurated a pictorial exhibition with Bangabandhu.

Hasan Mahmud said, "It was the beginning of a tribute to the people of our nation. Then there will be different programs in Kolkata all year long. ”The minister at the Kolkata Press Club sharply criticized Pakistan's role in the liberation war and said,“ Bangladesh is far ahead of Pakistan in any indicator of development and progress. Bangladesh is now a role model of development all over the world. Food is not only self-sufficient, it is also exporting. ”During the meeting, five senior journalists memorialized the news gathering during the Bangladesh war. Both the programs were accompanied by Kolkata Deputy Ambassador Tawfiq Hassan and First Secretary Mofakkar Iqbal along with his country's Information Minister.

We should consider ourselves Bangladeshis first. Ethnicity and religion come later. Regardless his comment is half true. While Bangladesh separating is proof of the two nation's theory is a flaw we didn't join India so that's there is truth in the Two Nation Theory.

Anyway he's right to his opinion, AL is an ethnic nationalist party and not a religious party. He's true to his beliefs.

I think this is apostasy.... I'm not saying it is apostasy.... but I think it is apostasy... I'm not making takfir and I'm not 100 percent sure but it does seem like apostasy to me.

If you say you're such-and-such nationality first and you're Muslim second...... does that not contradict Tawheed? Does it not contradict the assertion "Allahu Akbar"? Of couse, Allah is the greatest but I don't think you can really believe that and simultaneously claim there that there is something more important.

If you're saying "Allahu Akbar.... after my nationality"... that sounds like blasphemy and apostasy to me. I don't think you can say "Allahu Akbar," "la ilaha Illaha" or even that you're a monotheist if you actually say you're a Muslim second.

I'm shocked that someone actually says they are such-and-such nationality first and Muslim second. Unfortunately, there are many misguided people who are like that in practice.... but I'm shocked that this man would openly say it about himself.

I do think it's blasphemy. I think it contradicts the name of Allah As-Samad. I think he should recite Surah Ikhlas and think about what it says. If he would simply consder what Surah Ikhas teaches, I think he would not say such things.

Muslim (1550) narrated from Abu Maalik al-Ash‘ari (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There are four matters of Jaahiliyyah in my ummah that they will not give up: pride in one’s forefathers, slandering lineages, seeking rain by the stars and wailing (for the dead).”

I think what he said is rejecting Tawheed and is extremely ignorant. To put Allah before nationality like the Pakistanis did is extremely beautiful. To put nationality before Islam is..... craziness.

I think this is apostasy.... I'm not saying it is apostasy.... but I think it is apostasy... I'm not making takfir and I'm not 100 percent sure but it does seem like apostasy to me.

If you say you're such-and-such nationality first and you're Muslim second...... does that not contradict Tawheed? Does it not contradict the assertion "Allahu Akbar"? Of couse, Allah is the greatest but I don't think you can really believe that and simultaneously claim there that there is something more important.

If you're saying "Allahu Akbar.... after my nationality"... that sounds like blasphemy and apostasy to me. I don't think you can say "Allahu Akbar," "la ilaha Illaha" or even that you're a monotheist if you actually say you're a Muslim second.

I'm shocked that someone actually says they are such-and-such nationality first and Muslim second. Unfortunately, there are many misguided people who are like that in practice.... but I'm shocked that this man would openly say it about himself.

I do think it's blasphemy. I think it contradicts the name of Allah As-Samad. I think he should recite Surah Ikhlas and think about what it says. If he would simply consder what Surah Ikhas teaches, I think he would not say such things.

Muslim (1550) narrated from Abu Maalik al-Ash‘ari (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There are four matters of Jaahiliyyah in my ummah that they will not give up: pride in one’s forefathers, slandering lineages, seeking rain by the stars and wailing (for the dead).”

I think what he said is rejecting Tawheed and is extremely ignorant. To put Allah before nationality like the Pakistanis did is extremely beautiful. To put nationality before Islam is..... craziness.

As an example.

Think of the ludicrousness of the following statement.

I am a South Sudanese before I am a Christian.

Ridiculous.

Borders shift.

Nation states come and go.

Religion deals with the eternal.

Absolutely crazy.

As an example.

Ridiculous.

Borders shift.

Absolutely crazy.
But human beings aren't eternal either no?
Really who can plan what religion our descendants will follow from now. If you live in the US they can either stay Muslim or leave the faith. Even then 100 years later the answer is still unknown. My descendants could be Muslims, Christian, or even Sikh. Sure countries come and go but they can still live for a long time. Yes countries change but so do people at the individual level.

As an example.

Ridiculous.

Borders shift.

Absolutely crazy.

Yes, exactly! I was just thinking about that before I saw your message.... I was just thinking about that I think last night as well.....

what I realized the other night was.... the nation which we know as Mexico (I was thinking about this because this is where my family is from)- it didn't actually exist until the Spanish came.... the Aztecs referred to themselves as the Mexica and this is where this word came from (before that, I think it came from the Nahua people/tribe)... however, where the Aztecs inhabited was actually only small area, one kind of tiny relative to the total size of what we today call "Mexico".... Mexico didn't really exist until the Spanish came.... even then it was really just an administrative region within the Spanish Empire....... it wasn't a nation-state until around 1822.........

even our concept of nationalism is really just a modern idea.....

I didn't really grasp this, I had been sort of taught nationalism when I was growing up....... but nationalities really are sort of an artificial construct....... what you say is correct....

these are just lines on a map..... those lines can be drawn and redrawn...... I was kind of taught nationalism growing up but the older I get and the more I learn about Islam the less I'm drawn to nationalism and the more I realize a person isn't really defined by their race/nationality/etc.

when one understands the artificial and sort of socially constructed nature of the nation-state... one realizes how insane it is to put nationalism above everything else..... I'm not against patriotism or wanting good for one's people but we should always be Muslim first

Really who can plan what religion our descendants will follow from now. If you live in the US they can either stay Muslim or leave the faith. Even then 100 years later the answer is still unknown. My descendants could be Muslims, Christian, or even Sikh. Sure countries come and go but they can still live for a long time. Yes countries change but so do people at the individual level.

whether you put nationality/tribe/ethnicity/etc. first or Islam first is your decision... it's up to you...... your external circumstances (besides the Will of Allah) don't force you in either direction...... you are free to decide..... it's a question of how important Islam is to you and it's your destiny which is impacted by the answer to that question

No man humans aren’t eternal.

Humans absolutely have free will to believe or not believe or do as they please.

And people do change or evolve over time.

But those aren’t the arguements I was trying to make.

Yes, exactly! I was just thinking about that before I saw your message.... I was just thinking about that I think last night as well.....

what I realized the other night was.... the nation which we know as Mexico (I was thinking about this because this is where my family is from)- it didn't actually exist until the Spanish came.... the Aztecs referred to themselves as the Mexica and this is where this word came from (before that, I think it came from the Nahua people/tribe)... however, where the Aztecs inhabited was actually only small area, one kind of tiny relative to the total size of what we today call "Mexico".... Mexico didn't really exist until the Spanish came.... even then it was really just an administrative region within the Spanish Empire....... it wasn't a nation-state until around 1822.........

I didn't really grasp this, I had been sort of taught nationalism when I was growing up....... but nationalities really are sort of an artificial construct....... what you say is correct....

these are just lines on a map..... those lines can be drawn and redrawn...... I was kind of taught nationalism growing up but the older I get and the more I learn about Islam the less I'm drawn to nationalism and the more I realize a person isn't really defined by their race/nationality/etc.

when one understands the artificial and sort of socially constructed nature of the nation-state... one realizes how insane it is to put nationalism above everything else..... I'm not against patriotism or wanting good for one's people but we should always be Muslim first

whether you put nationality/tribe/ethnicity/etc. first or Islam first is your decision... it's up to you...... your external circumstances (besides the Will of Allah) don't force you in either direction...... you are free to decide..... it's a question of how important Islam is to you and it's your destiny which is impacted by the answer to that question

Excellent post!

No man humans aren’t eternal.

Humans absolutely have free will to believe or not believe or do as they please.

And people do change or evolve over time.

But those aren’t the arguements I was trying to make.

Excellent post!
Look at korea.. this is just a political division. South Korea totally christian and north is agnostic.. yet they are bound by the ethnicity and the border is surprisingly temporary. Its the ethnicity and language which brings people closer not the religion. Religion divides people.. ethnicity and language unites.

Hopefully, they all die as Bengalis...
All Bengalis are not bad, most of them are genuine God fearing Muslims. Unfortunately Awami League has crossed all limits to prove their closeness to Hindutva. Thats the whole problem.

Look at korea.. this is just a political division. South Korea totally christian and north is agnostic.. yet they are bound by the ethnicity and the border is surprisingly temporary. Its the ethnicity and language which brings people closer not the religion. Religion divides people.. ethnicity and language unites.
Islam is Haq, rest all is Batil. How can fire and water live at the same place? ?

Hilsa swims proudly because of brave honest people like this Minister

leave this thread and never return

We should consider ourselves Bangladeshis first. Ethnicity and religion come later.

what is the bengladeshi identity anyhow to begin with?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom