What's new

Not a Single Unit of Honda Civic Sold during March 2023 in Pakistan

Brand new Toyota landcruiser in U.K. false plates taxed insured £5,000 .

Same car delivered to Turkey £15,000 .

British Pakistanis lol we are a one off ....

the guy doing this i swear went from nobody weed bag head to somebody who now owns a restaurant and farm house in pakistan that too with cars on rent. does crime pay i say it it does

the guy doing this i swear went from nobody weed bag head to somebody who now owns a restaurant and farm house in pakistan that too with cars on rent. does crime pay i say it it does

Well it does until you get caught....if you don't all is good.

@Bilal9

India's passenger car ownership is about 30 per 1000 at par with BD, PAK as per this article.

Regards

Thanks for the link. This confirms my layman understanding .....

We in the subcontinent have a long way to go to reach China's level - both infra-wise and owner-ship-wise. Both factors are interlinked in many, many ways.

Currently Bangladesh is in an odd situation where more and more people can afford cars but the city infra cannot handle the numbers. Metro, BRT and Skyways are taking too long to arrive - which may help.

@Bilal9

Bilalbhai,

How many passenger cars are sold every year in BD?

Regards

Only 20,000 passenger cars were registered as 'Private Passenger Car' in 2022 according to some sources.

Fact is - no data I found is reliable.

Statista says 24000 vehicles were sold in 2023, which I find rather improbable. Dhaka alone seems to have three times that number.

OTOH - There is 300% tax on ANY passenger vehicle purchase, luxury SUVs and MBZ/BMWs all command a 800% tax regime. The sales numbers therefore will be a lot smaller than Indian and Pakistan for sure - but higher per vehicle.

:close_tema:"...We in the subcontinent...." yada yada yada

However, compared to other Asian countries, the passenger car penetration is still very low in Bangladesh. There are only 2.5 car owners per 1000 population. In India, 30 people among 1000 individuals owned a car at the end of 2018. In Myanmar, about 12 people out of 1000 own a car

@SoulSpokesman

Just for fun - checked wiki for car ownership stats per 1000 in a country and Bangladesh is slightly behind Pakistan with 27 vs. 29 per 1000 people.

India has 231 per 1000 - so I was baffled. These guys consider two and three wheelers as "vehicles" !

Go figure..... :blink:
The Wiki page already says it excludes 2 wheelers and every other vehicle is included.
The data for Bangladesh is attached as this 2021 article which quotes Bangladesh Road Transport Authority.

But I do feel that the numbers for all countries include 2 wheelers since the sources attached in call cases don't exclude 2 wheelers. But I'm unsure about China's numbers since they have 450 cars per 1000 people not even talking about other vehicles which would be much higher.

Just for fun - checked wiki for car ownership stats per 1000 in a country and Bangladesh is slightly behind Pakistan with 27 vs. 29 per 1000 people.

India has 231 per 1000 - so I was baffled. These guys consider two and three wheelers as "vehicles" !

Go figure..... :blink:
What can you expect when hords of IIT Pajeets edit wikipedia left and right to spin mera bharat mahan narrative? According to wikipedia, India has more vehicles than China and US.

Now shouldn't you accept, Bharat already became a superpower? Superpower Bharat has 326 million vehicles, China has 319 million while poor USA only 275 million. What is the use of America's 26 trillion Dollar GDP or China's 20 trillion?

You are not clear. Are they willing to pay more or are they tight-fisted?
Paying much more than what the car is actually worth...similar to the situation in Singapore, although very different circumstances

Paying much more than what the car is actually worth...similar to the situation in Singapore, although very different circumstances
There is public transport in Singapore

No one will spend the money that could buy you a flat or a small house on the definition of an average sedan lol. if it can buy a house, it better be good.

Thanks for the link. This confirms my layman understanding .....

We in the subcontinent have a long way to go to reach China's level - both infra-wise and owner-ship-wise. Both factors are interlinked in many, many ways.

Currently Bangladesh is in an odd situation where more and more people can afford cars but the city infra cannot handle the numbers. Metro, BRT and Skyways are taking too long to arrive - which may help.
I expect to see a rapid rise in car (not two wheeler) ownership numbers in India in near future given the drastic improvement in highway infrastructure happening in India over the past 2-3 years. Long distance road travel will rival railways in the coming days.

The Wiki page already says it excludes 2 wheelers and every other vehicle is included.
The data for Bangladesh is attached as this 2021 article which quotes Bangladesh Road Transport Authority.

But I do feel that the numbers for all countries include 2 wheelers since the sources attached in call cases don't exclude 2 wheelers. But I'm unsure about China's numbers since they have 450 cars per 1000 people not even talking about other vehicles which would be much higher.

Not many Indians have been to China I'm afraid. If you saw their road infra you'd probably have a different take on the numbers of their cars (all local made from scratch, from basic to luxury). I have seen their roads.

Suffice it to say, they are at least a decade ahead of us in India/Bangladesh in that front, probably more.

The latest road infra like expressways in Bangladesh was built by a mediocre Chinese govt. entity, and even then the difference between our stuff and theirs is rather stark.

My personal opinion - YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom