What's new

Northeast youth beaten to death in Delhi

Could be a reason bro. . . but IMO language barrier is the biggest issue. . . sometimes if we talk in a language which others don't understand. . . that creates problem. . .ppl tend to think that may be you are talking about them . . or even making fun of them :-)

That may be the case . But he praised Punjabis and Sikhs as decent people .

Don't generalize, only north Indians are troublemakers....:astagh: Maharashtrians are, Bihari's are, South Indian's are, Punjabi's are... Who is not?:omghaha:

Pot calling the kettle black. :haha:
Except no body can match North Indians when it comes to such $hit needless to say they are more trouble with all of the others combined.
Been to Delhi few times had many positive as well as many negative incidents and i am not even North Eastern.
No offence to you.

Well,mia,even my state which is the most backward of all NE states has a gdp per capita of above 1k USD, my state has a growth rate of about 10% officially and a bit more unofficially, so no.You can tell that to ur brethren in Assam,everytime I go through Assam,all the assamese I interact complain of illegal mias aka bangladeshis.

Well,mia,even my state which is the most backward of all NE states has a gdp per capita of above 1k USD, my state has a growth rate of about 10% officially and a bit more unofficially, so no.You can tell that to ur brethren in Assam,everytime I go through Assam,all the assamese I interact complain of illegal mias aka bangladeshis.
Bangladeshis here are delusional bunch don't pay any attention to them.

Except no body can match North Indians when it comes to such $hit needless to say they are more trouble with all of the others combined.
Been to Delhi few times had many positive as well as many negative incidents and i am not even North Eastern.
No offence to you.

I don't agree to the Bolded part, as I have similar views about people of other states, as I've travelled to most of Indian states (including Northeast & excluding Bihar and south). It's like Di*** measuring contest - who is more racist North Indians or Others....For me, we Indian's are the most racist people in World.

There are many NE students in my college, they do feel pissed when people addressed them as 'Chinki'. In Delhi, citizens from all over Indian are residing. It's not only Delhiites, who creates problem, but ALL OF US. PERIOD. No offence to you too. :partay:

ignore the BDeshi , 1000 is lot of money for him...all erned by sewing undergerments and remittance:lol::lol:

delhi is a tough place for outsiders.. not only NE people.
I am comparing with mumbai, bangalore or kolkata.

And yes, there is high chance that this is racist attack.

Here in Delhi, Students from NE are protesting outside the Lagpat Nagar Police station & students of other nationalities are also supporting them. I hope, the culprits are punished and departed soul gets justice.
Foreign nationals why ??? any local support ?? did they arrest the main culprit ??

It infact is a race issue...why are we called Chinki by Delhites..

Jayanta, I think there is a problem of perception here. Chinki for me would just be a facial description and not a slang at all. If anything I find those facial features extremely attractive. The almond eyes and straight hair is just awesome. But if a person who is at the receiving end perceives it as a slight and considers the it an insult, then people should stop using that term.

I have seen people get indignant over calling someone tribal too. Tribal as a word just means belonging to a group perhaps in a forest area. It was not a slang, but now some people perceive it to mean junglee or uncouth which was not the intended meaning at all.

Foreign nationals why ??? any local support ?? did they arrest the main culprit ??

My Bad! I meant Students from DELHI & other states are supporting them. I'm not aware, if any arrest has been made or not. However, I'm sure seeing the massive uproar in Streets & Media, police has no other option to nab the culprits.

Jayanta, I think there is a problem of perception here. Chinki for me would just be a facial description and not a slang at all. If anything I find those facial features extremely attractive. The almond eyes and straight hair is just awesome. But if a person who is at the receiving end perceives it as a slight and considers the it an insult, then people should stop using that term.

I have seen people get indignant over calling someone tribal too. Tribal as a word just means belonging to a group perhaps in a forest area. It was not a slang, but now some people perceive it to mean junglee or uncouth which was not the intended meaning at all.

Maam...try saying that in front of a Chinese...and see what happens. It's a common American slang for the Chinese...like the Nigger for African American. Better brush up the vocabulary, nobody from NE likes to be called a Chinki or Chinese. Come up with words that people do not feel offended with....you will find people getting mad if you call them "Bihari" although its not a slang...this doesn't give us the right to tease someone and when the person reacts you kill him.

r u a girl??? :p: :p: :p:

Maam...try saying that in front of a Chinese...and see what happens. It's a common American slang for the Chinese...like the Nigger for African American. Better brush up the vocabulary, nobody from NE likes to be called a Chinki or Chinese. Come up with words that people do not feel offended with....you will find people getting mad if you call them "Bihari" although its not a slang...this doesn't give us the right to tease someone and when the person reacts you kill him.

For that one should have a full knowledge of what is offensive to what people in what part of the world, and I am afraid people are not so knowledgeable, nor do they have any cultural experience of all the places in the world to know what would be offensive. In fact people are getting so worked up over this word is something confounding to me considering I had never associated it with any bad meaning ever. I did not know Bihari is a wrong word either, I thought that was just a description of the place the person comes from. Next what? Being insulted on being called an Indian?:rolleyes:

r u a girl??? :p: :p: :p:
Yes of course. Why?

My Bad! I meant Students from DELHI & other states are supporting them. I'm not aware, if any arrest has been made or not. However, I'm sure seeing the massive uproar in Streets & Media, police has no other option to nab the culprits.
Had this incident happened somewhere else I`d have been a little less upset , but the fact that it happened in Delhi , where 80 % people are literate , how come it could happen in busy market during day time and the boy was assaulted twice . Although he already paid some money he was assaulted again by gang with rods and stick , for what motive ??criminals don`t do this .. is it common in delhi for any petty altercation to reach such dreadful conclusion??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom