What's new

Northeast Asia Geostrategic Forum

When you posted is just election results, how is it directly related to the your claim that all Taiwanese are against One China policy? When Shinzo Abe was elected, what are the factors? Economy, social or diplomatic affairs?

I didn't say all. I said the great majority. Everyone in the DPP is against unification for sure. KMT is a mixed bag. Some do want unification, but that is probably split between those that accept the CCP government in China and those that want the KMT government to rule all of China. But then there are probably those in the KMT that just want to maintain the status que with no real preference and just want to do business and make money.

Just like the map, I don't understand the point in talking about Abe.

When you said "PRC has territorial claim on Taiwan", do you what's ROC's territorial claim? Read that map of ROC, it includes Taiwan, Mainland, Nine Dash Lines, Mongolia and others.

That's a position in the KMT in regards to the 1 China policy. It is a minority voice.

That's a position in the KMT in regards to the 1 China policy. It is a minority voice.
It's a position inaugurated by KMT, and become official position of Republic of China till nowadays. I didn't see any vote or referendum saying this position becoming "minority" among voters, did you? Read the map, that's ROC claimed territory, which is almost exactly the same as PRC. Both PRC and ROC are legit governments of China claiming the same territories, why you say "PRC has territorial on Taiwan" as if the territory doesn't belong to China in the first place?
I didn't say all. I said the great majority. Everyone in the DPP is against unification for sure. KMT is a mixed bag. Some do want unification, but that is probably split between those that accept the CCP government in China and those that want the KMT government to rule all of China. But then there are probably those in the KMT that just want to maintain the status que with no real preference and just want to do business and make money.
You didn't mention majority or minority, just said "they" as a whole. No, you don't have anything to show how many are opposing One China, you may use referendum results or credible broad-scale opinion poll, but there's none. People vote for someone because of candidate's economic policy, or social benefits policy, or tax, or even gay/lesbian policy, or a mix of these, only voters know, so how can you claim election results directly relate only to One China policy?

It's a position started by KMT, and become official position of ROC till now. I didn't see any vote saying this position becoming "minority" among voters, did you?

You didn't mention majority or minority, just said "they" as a whole. No, you don't have anything to show how many are opposing One China, referendum or credible broad-scale opinion poll, but there's none. People vote for someone because of candidate's economic policy, or social benefits policy, or tax, or even gay/lesbian policy, or a mix of these, only voters know, so how can you claim election results directly relate only to One China policy?

True that the KMT started it and for a long time, it was the official position of the governemnt to reunite China with the KMT in control.

I think there are survey polls taken that ask whether or not the survey taker wants reunification or not, so this probably could represent a vote, up to an extent. But regardless of that, voting DPP implies preference for independence. Otherwise, DPP wouldn't be voted on. The idea of independence and a Taiwanese ideneity is a little older, starting in the 1990s with KMT presidential candidate Lee Teng-hui. Even though he was KMT, he advocated a Taiwanese identity and was pro-independence. He was kicked out of the KMT later for that. Additionally, the DPP was created in the 1980s, and the first DPP president is not the current Tsai, but was Chen Shui-bian in 2000. Althought KMT made a comback and held the presidential office from 2008-2016. So it is reasonable to think that it is possible that KMT can win again after Tsai finishes her term.

On the term "they" I think I am remembering something else when I responded with "great majority". If I had just said "they", I didn't mean to imply an absolute majority as I am posting while knowing that the KMT as well as another minority party called "People First". I'll be more careful with my choice of words. Although, when writing long posts, it is a little tempting to cut corners and not have to explain everything. Anyway, again, I didn't mean to imply an absolute majority.

After 20 years in Taiwan, Fiji withdraws its de facto embassy in Taipei without much explanation

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) -- After 20 years, the de facto Fijian embassy in Taiwan, The Fiji Trade and Tourism Representative Office, unceremoniously shut its doors for the last time in Taipei on May 10, without a thorough explanation.

The Fijian office's representative, Karai Vuibau, notified the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) after he received orders from his government to close down the office. MOFA expressed its understanding of the Fijian government's decision.

Vuibau said that the government of Fiji had made the decision after a thorough review of its offices around the world.

MOFA spokeswoman Eleanor Wang (王珮玲) told CNA the decision to close the office was made by the Fijian government to reallocate the country's resources to better meet its needs.

During a legislative committee hearing earlier today, Kuomingtang legislator Lu Shiow-yen (盧秀燕) said she learned that one of the reasons behind the closure was another attempt by China to suppress Taiwan in the international realm, which has been an ongoing tactic since President Tsai Ing-wen took office last year and refused to recognize the "1992 Consensus."

However, Deputy Foreign Minister Wu Chih-chung (吳志中) responded at the hearing that Fiji has a small population of only 850,000 and its funds to support foreign missions are limited and perhaps it was because of budget constraints.

Lu also speculated that it may be an attempt by China to sabotage Taiwan's New Southbound Policy. Wu countered that the ministry saw it as an isolated event that will not cause a "domino effect."

MOFA said that after having learned of the situation, it had provided the necessary administrative assistance during the withdrawal of the office including the handling of the severance of Taiwanese employees. Fiji's representative office expressed its gratitude to Taiwan for its assistance over the years and for its efforts to promote mutual relations.

Taiwan's de facto embassy in Fiji, the Trade Mission of the Republic of China (Taiwan) to the Republic of Fiji, which has had a presence in one form or another since 1971, will not be affected by the Fijian government's withdrawal from Taiwan, nor will relations between the two countries, according to MOFA.

In October 1996 Taiwan and Fiji signed a communiqué on mutual recognition. In 1997, the Fijian government set up The Fiji Trade and Tourism Representative Office to strengthen ties with Taiwan and to enhance the development of bilateral trade, investment, and tourism.

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3165855

Officials celebrate name change for Japanese office
taiwan2.jpg

Renaming Japan’s representative office in Taipei as the Taiwan-Japan Relations Association would help lessen misunderstandings and reflect Taiwan’s burgeoning relationship with Japan, association president Chiou I-jen (邱義仁) said yesterday at the official unveiling of the association’s new doorplate in Taipei.

“While people were clear about what we were concerned with when the office was first established, as time has gone by, many no longer have a clue,” Chiou said, recalling how he once received a telephone call asking him to resolve an issue in Hawaii.

“Finally” changing the name of the non-governmental agency, formerly known as the Association of East Asian Relations, Taiwan, after almost 45 years lends clarity to the association’s mission, he said.

The association was established in 1972 to handle relations with Japan after diplomatic ties were broken off, with its Tokyo branch — the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office in Japan — also serving as Taiwan’s de facto embassy in the nation.

While officially a civic organization under government contract, most employees simultaneously hold positions at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The name change follows a similar change on the part of its Japanese counterpart earlier this year, which changed its name from Interchange Association, Japan to the Japan-Taiwan Exchange Association.

“Before we changed our name, a lot of people were not clear about our mission — we even had people calling and asking us about marriage matches,” Japan-Taiwan Exchange Association Representative Mikio Numata said, adding that the renaming is a “historic step,” as its name now conforms with reality.

“The name changes not only help the outside world understand the substantial content of both associations’ work — it also verifies the continued positive development of Taiwan-Japanese relations,” Minister of Foreign Affairs David Lee (李大維) said.

Relations have “never been better or more intimate,” he said, citing record-high bilateral trade and tourism.
Any discussion of renaming the Coordination Council for North American Affairs — which handles relations with the US — would have to wait until US President Donald Trump fills key Department of State vacancies, he said.

The ministry’s Japanese Political Affairs director, Fu Kuo-hua (傅國華), said the name changes primarily reflected a shift in Taiwan’s stance.

Japan had proposed using “Taiwan-Japan” to name the associations when official diplomatic ties were first broken off, but the proposal was rejected by Chiang Kai-shek’s (蔣介石) administration, which wanted to use “Chinese-Japanese,” he said.

China yesterday called the name change a “conspiracy” and urged Japan not to send “false signals” to Taiwan and the international community.

“We strongly object to this attempt to upgrade Japanese-Taiwanese relations,” Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokeswoman Hua Chunying (華春瑩) said. “We urge the Japanese government to scrupulously abide by the principles of the Japan-China Joint Communique, as well as all the promises which Japan has made to China to the present, including holding firm to the ‘one China’ principle.”

“The Japanese government should take concrete action to correct wrong methods and should not send false signals to Taiwan’s government and the international community, creating new interference for Sino-Japanese relations,” she said. “We also want to tell the Taiwanese government that any attempt to create ‘two Chinas’ or ‘one China, one Taiwan’ is doomed to failure.”

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2017/05/18/2003670805/1

After 20 years in Taiwan, Fiji withdraws its de facto embassy in Taipei without much explanation

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) -- After 20 years, the de facto Fijian embassy in Taiwan, The Fiji Trade and Tourism Representative Office, unceremoniously shut its doors for the last time in Taipei on May 10, without a thorough explanation.

The Fijian office's representative, Karai Vuibau, notified the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) after he received orders from his government to close down the office. MOFA expressed its understanding of the Fijian government's decision.

Vuibau said that the government of Fiji had made the decision after a thorough review of its offices around the world.

MOFA spokeswoman Eleanor Wang (王珮玲) told CNA the decision to close the office was made by the Fijian government to reallocate the country's resources to better meet its needs.

During a legislative committee hearing earlier today, Kuomingtang legislator Lu Shiow-yen (盧秀燕) said she learned that one of the reasons behind the closure was another attempt by China to suppress Taiwan in the international realm, which has been an ongoing tactic since President Tsai Ing-wen took office last year and refused to recognize the "1992 Consensus."

However, Deputy Foreign Minister Wu Chih-chung (吳志中) responded at the hearing that Fiji has a small population of only 850,000 and its funds to support foreign missions are limited and perhaps it was because of budget constraints.

Lu also speculated that it may be an attempt by China to sabotage Taiwan's New Southbound Policy. Wu countered that the ministry saw it as an isolated event that will not cause a "domino effect."

MOFA said that after having learned of the situation, it had provided the necessary administrative assistance during the withdrawal of the office including the handling of the severance of Taiwanese employees. Fiji's representative office expressed its gratitude to Taiwan for its assistance over the years and for its efforts to promote mutual relations.

Taiwan's de facto embassy in Fiji, the Trade Mission of the Republic of China (Taiwan) to the Republic of Fiji, which has had a presence in one form or another since 1971, will not be affected by the Fijian government's withdrawal from Taiwan, nor will relations between the two countries, according to MOFA.

In October 1996 Taiwan and Fiji signed a communiqué on mutual recognition. In 1997, the Fijian government set up The Fiji Trade and Tourism Representative Office to strengthen ties with Taiwan and to enhance the development of bilateral trade, investment, and tourism.

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3165855

Beijing's soft pressure diplomacy; hurting DPP without hurting the common residents of Taiwan, like myself. We can clearly understand the reasoning and I recognize the legitimacy of the act: DPP needs to recognize the 1992 consensus; otherwise, it will be systematically isolated from the remaining contacts it has with the rest of the world.

Besides, Taipei's bribing some insignificant small nations with money and scholarship to maintain diplomatic recognition is insulting to many of us. That money can be better utilized to ensure affordable housing to young people.

Mainland increases job opportunities for Taiwan residents
Updated: 05 15 , 2017

BEIJING, May 10 -- Taiwanese residents are now eligible to work in public institutions in six more provincial regions, An Fengshan, spokesperson for the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council announced Wednesday.

As of today, Taiwanese residents can be employed in public institutions such as hospitals and universities in Beijing and the provinces of Hainan, Hebei, Guangdong and Shandong as well as Guangxi autonomous region.

Prior to the announcement, Taiwanese residents could only work for public institutions in Shanghai, Tianjin, and the provinces of Fujian, Hubei, Jiangsu and Zhejiang.

The Chinese mainland will increase cooperation and communication across the Taiwan Strait with ongoing preferential policies, An said.

By the end of 2016, over 6,000 Taiwanese youth had interned, worked or started businesses in nearly 1,200 Taiwan-invested enterprises on the mainland, the spokesperson said.

In order to help Taiwanese graduates from mainland higher education institutions find jobs, the Ministry of Education told institutions to standardize enrollment regulations and protect the legal rights of Taiwanese students.

Taiwanese academics working on the mainland can apply for state-level research projects, including projects from the National Natural Science Fund, An said.

Taiwan-based law firms are now allowed to set up representative offices in Shanghai, and the provinces of Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangsu and Zhejiang, according to the Ministry of Justice.

After three years of operation, these offices may operate in conjunction with local law firms within the provincial regions where they were established.

Taiwanese residents can also purchase and collect tickets via self-service ticket machines in train stations in Beijing, Tianjin and Shanghai municipalities, and in Guangdong, Hunan and Fujian provinces, among others, according to China Railway Corporation.

A great number of my peers are hungry for a well-paying job and a majority of them are seeking, or have already landed in, job in the Mainland.

Request inputs from members on the poll.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39252502

_95994073_0003eb9b-61f1-4dd9-b1d9-a058960046eb.jpg

In 1988 Taiwan was racing to build its first nuclear bomb, but one military scientist put a stop to that when he defected to the United States and exposed those plans. This is the story of a man who insists he had to betray his country in order to save it.

To this day, critics consider Chang Hsien-yi a traitor - but he has no regrets.

"If I can ever do it all over again, I will do it," says the calmly defiant 73-year-old, speaking from his home in the US state of Idaho.

The former military colonel has been living there since 1988 when he fled to the US, a close ally of the island, and this is his first substantial interview about that time.

It might seem a perplexing turn of events given the close relationship the US has with Taiwan, but Washington had found out that Taiwan's government had secretly ordered scientists to develop nuclear weapons.

Taiwan's enemy, the Communist government of China, had been building up its nuclear arsenal since the 1960s, and the Taiwanese were terrified this would be unleashed on the island.

Taiwan separated from China after the Chinese Civil War in 1949. To this day China considers Taiwan a breakaway province and has vowed to reunify with the island, by force if necessary.

The leadership of the island was also in an uncertain phase - its president, Chiang Ching-kuo, was dying, and the US thought that General Hau Pei-tsun, whom they saw as a hawkish figure, would become his successor.

_95992613_changhsienyi.jpg

Mr Chang, seen here with one of his children in Taiwan before his defection, enjoyed a comfortable life at that time
They were worried about a nuclearisation of the Taiwan Strait and bent on stopping Taiwan's nuclear ambition in its tracks and preventing a regional arms race.

So they secretly enlisted Mr Chang to halt Taiwan's programme.

When Mr Chang was recruited by the CIA in the early 1980s, he was the deputy director at Taiwan's Institute of Nuclear Energy Research, which was responsible for the nuclear weapons programme.

As one of Taiwan's key nuclear scientists, he enjoyed a life of privilege and a lucrative salary.

But he says he began questioning whether the island should have nuclear weapons after the catastrophic Chernobyl accident in 1986 in the former Soviet Union.

He was convinced by the Americans' argument that stopping the programme would be "good for peace, and was for the benefit of mainland China and Taiwan".

_96022457_china_nuclear_base.jpg

Factory 221 witnessed the research and test of China's first nuclear bomb
"This fit into my mindset very much," says Mr Chang. "But the most important reason why I agreed is that they went to great efforts to assure me they would ensure my safety."

The next task was getting him and his family out.

Defection
At that time, military officials could not leave Taiwan without permission.

So, Mr Chang first ensured his wife and three young children's safety by sending them to Japan for a holiday.

His wife, Betty, says she had no clue about her husband's double life. They had only talked about the possibility of him accepting a job in the US.

_95994071_e86bc9ce-6630-4ef8-b672-68560fdf4b12.jpg

The Changs were put in a safe house shortly after their arrival in the US
"He told me this was a trial to test how easy I could get out from Taiwan and to see how much luggage I could pack," she says.

Mrs Chang left on 8 January 1988 with their children, excited to visit Tokyo Disneyland.

The very next day, Mr Chang took a flight to the US using a fake passport provided by the CIA. All he had with him was some cash and a few personal possessions.

Contrary to previous reports, he says he did not take a single document with him when he left Taiwan.

"The American government had all the evidence, they just needed someone - me - to corroborate it."

Meanwhile in Tokyo, Betty Chang was approached by a woman who handed her a letter from Mr Chang. That was the moment she discovered her husband was a CIA spy and had defected.

"It said 'You will never go back to Taiwan and from Japan you will go to USA'... that was a surprise for me.

"I just cried when I knew I could no longer go back to Taiwan," says Mrs Chang.

The family was bundled into a plane headed for Seattle, where they were met by Mr Chang at the airport.

The Changs were later put in a safe house in Virginia, due to fears he would be assassinated by Taiwanese agents or patriotic extremists.

Within a month, the US succeeded in pressuring Taiwan to end the programme, using the intelligence it had collected and Mr Chang's testimony.

Taiwan was believed to be just one or two years from completing a nuclear bomb.

Setting the record straight
Mr Chang has remained silent for decades. But with his recent retirement he now wants to set the record straight with a memoir, titled Nuclear! Spy? CIA: Record of an Interview with Chang Hsien-yi.

The book, written with academic Chen Yi-shen and published in December, has reignited a debate about whether Mr Chang did the right thing for Taiwan.

_95247569_taiwan2.jpg

Mr Chang recently wrote a book about his side of the story
Some praise him for preventing a potential nuclear war. Others see his actions as denying Taiwan the weapons it needed for self-defence and survival.

Even those in Taiwan's ruling Democratic Progressive Party (DPP), which officially opposes the development of nuclear energy and weapons, take a dim view of Mr Chang's actions.

"Regardless of what your political views are, when you betray your country, it's not acceptable... it cannot be forgiven," said the DPP's Wang Ting-yu, chairman of the parliament's foreign affairs and defence committee.

But Mr Chang insists he feared then that ambitious Taiwanese politicians would use nuclear weapons to try to take back mainland China.

He claims Madame Chiang Kai Shek, the stepmother of dying President Chiang Ching-kuo, and a group of generals loyal to her had even gone so far as to set up a separate chain of command to expedite the development of nuclear weapons.

_95964927_gettyimages-51342886.jpg

Taiwan's programme was developed in response to China's stockpile of missiles, several of which are now on display at Beijing's Military Museum
"They said they wouldn't use it, but nobody believed it," says Mr Chang, adding that the US certainly did not.

Nowadays, there may still be politicians who could be tempted to use such weapons, this time to pursue Taiwan's formal independence from China at whatever cost, he says.

But the DPP's Mr Wang dismisses this notion. "We absolutely don't consider this, we don't even think about it," he said.

Over the years some Taiwanese presidents have hinted at a desire to reactivate the island's nuclear weapons programme, but these suggestions have been quickly quashed by Washington's objections.

Still, the island is widely considered to have the ability to make nuclear weapons quickly if needed. China has in recent years threatened to attack if Taiwan ever deployed nuclear weapons.

'I love Taiwan'
Following his defection, Taiwan's military listed Mr Chang as a fugitive. But even after his arrest warrant expired in 2000, he has not returned to Taiwan and does not plan to.

He does not want to deal with criticism he is sure he would face, and the negative impact that would have on his family there.

_95992611_changfamily.jpg
I
The Chang family is pictured here in this 1995 photo, a few years after their defection to the US
In 1990, they were permanently resettled in Idaho, where Mr Chang worked as a consulting engineer and scientist at the US government's Idaho National Laboratories until he retired in 2013.

He says his only regret is that he was not able to see his parents before they passed away.

"You don't have to be in Taiwan to love Taiwan; I love Taiwan," says Mr Chang.

"I am Taiwanese, I am Chinese. I don't want to see Chinese people on both sides of the Taiwan Strait killing each other."

True that the KMT started it and for a long time, it was the official position of the governemnt to reunite China with the KMT in control.

I think there are survey polls taken that ask whether or not the survey taker wants reunification or not, so this probably could represent a vote, up to an extent. But regardless of that, voting DPP implies preference for independence. Otherwise, DPP wouldn't be voted on. The idea of independence and a Taiwanese ideneity is a little older, starting in the 1990s with KMT presidential candidate Lee Teng-hui. Even though he was KMT, he advocated a Taiwanese identity and was pro-independence. He was kicked out of the KMT later for that. Additionally, the DPP was created in the 1980s, and the first DPP president is not the current Tsai, but was Chen Shui-bian in 2000. Althought KMT made a comback and held the presidential office from 2008-2016. So it is reasonable to think that it is possible that KMT can win again after Tsai finishes her term.

On the term "they" I think I am remembering something else when I responded with "great majority". If I had just said "they", I didn't mean to imply an absolute majority as I am posting while knowing that the KMT as well as another minority party called "People First". I'll be more careful with my choice of words. Although, when writing long posts, it is a little tempting to cut corners and not have to explain everything. Anyway, again, I didn't mean to imply an absolute majority.
My two cents.
China is not a federation. the constitution of both PRC and ROC don't allow any kind of "independence" of the provinces. a province can be autonomous region, but it doesn't hold the sovereignty. so the legitimate center govt has the right/obligation to protect its constitution.
China just wants to maintain its unification, when Japan was given a chance to expand its territory, it had never hesitated. recent case is the Diaoyu island.

My two cents.
China is not a federation. the constitution of both PRC and ROC don't allow any kind of "independence" of the provinces. a province can be autonomous region, but it doesn't hold the sovereignty. so the legitimate center govt has the right/obligation to protect its constitution.
China just wants to maintain its unification, when Japan was given a chance to expand its territory, it had never hesitated. recent case is the Diaoyu island.

China is like an empire. There is the inside part that is characteristically and historically Chinese in a deep way. Then there are outer areas, "Greater China" for lack of a better word. These are the areas that are not characteristically and historically Chinese. Taiwan, Tibet and Xinjiang are in this outer area. Parts of Inner Mongolia and Qinghai probably qualify as well. Whenever the whole Chinese kingdom fell apart, these parts did not engage in the competition to restore unity of China. Rather they remained independent. Take Tibet, different language, they don't even use Chinese characters, they did not fight together with Chinese against Imperial Japan, rather they declared their independece. They only become part of China whenever China is strong enough to exert domination. Whenever China is weak, Tibet goes independent. The idea of "wanting to maintain unification" doesn't apply to Tibet because they do not form part of the sentiment of wanting to maintain unity. That sentiment is found east of Tibet.

Senkaku islands were never really Chinese. Just navigation points. Refer to the second half of the post in the link below about Senkaku islands.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/japan-defence-forum.316803/page-126#post-9324545

To be frank, China, Korea and Japan all belong to Confucius culture circles in east Asia. So we ppl really know more about Japanese thinking patterns than others.

Japanese government tried to steal Diaoyu island with so called ridiculous process of nationalization that lead to China coast guard guys with equipments now openly have the island for training and show strengths. The claim of nationalization don't automatically make Diaoyu island Japanese but showed the tricks. The tricks Japan keep playing for decades just aimed at to be a 'normal country' for it's still stationed US army which nuked Japan twice. BTW, they also nuked themselves with Fukushima Nuclear Power Station later. The tricks will be played for another several decades though sometimes it turns to be tragedy. The to be a 'normal country' strategy itself is a tragedy either

Furthermore Ryukyu islands were never Japanese also. We all know the notorious colonization history. So maybe we should change the police to support locals for the separation movement some day. As we all know, Koreans and Japanese are apt to edit their history and textbooks to misled their own people and others in the world what they think they can maintenance an better image.

But as east Asians we should show some sympathies to Japan as we always did before. As my own experiences told me most Japanese lived uneasy life in the society especially with the effect of the lost 2 decades which was mostly created by USA.

The ambition is good for them but realities turn to be cruel day by day.

BTW, the shamelessness of false flaggers who tend to drive the traffic turns to be serious. We all know who has the willingness to pretend to be Yankees or Japanese and where they come. Mods, don't you know? LOL

To be frank, China, Korea and Japan all belong to Confucius culture circles in east Asia. So we ppl really know more about Japanese thinking patterns than others.

Japanese government tried to steal Diaoyu island with so called ridiculous process of nationalization that lead to China coast guard guys with equipments now openly have the island for training and show strengths. The claim of nationalization don't automatically make Diaoyu island Japanese but showed the tricks. The tricks Japan keep playing for decades just aimed at to be a 'normal country' for it's still stationed US army which nuked Japan twice. BTW, they also nuked themselves with Fukushima Nuclear Power Station later. The tricks will be played for another several decades though sometimes it turns to be tragedy. The to be a 'normal country' strategy itself is a tragedy either

Furthermore Ryukyu islands were never Japanese also. We all know the notorious colonization history. So maybe we should change the police to support locals for the separation movement some day. As we all know, Koreans and Japanese are apt to edit their history and textbooks to misled their own people and others in the world what they think they can maintenance an better image.

But as east Asians we should show some sympathies to Japan as we always did before. As my own experiences told me most Japanese lived uneasy life in the society especially with the effect of the lost 2 decades which was mostly created by USA.

The ambition is good for them but realities turn to be cruel day by day.

BTW, the shamelessness of false flaggers who tend to drive the traffic turns to be serious. We all know who has the willingness to pretend to be Yankees or Japanese and where they come. Mods, don't you know? LOL

I'm getting tired of people claiming that people who don't even know any Japanese still know and understand Japanese. What all these people "know" is what the CCP government tells them.

On the point of the Senkaku islands. They were never Chinese sovereign territory. Only acknowledged in old Chinese maps. And after WW2, China recognized them as Japanese in maps they made at that time. They started calling the Senkaku islands Chinese in the late 1970s. It's just flat out aggressive territorial claim to create a leverage in negotiations. I already talked about this here.

I made a long post already about the Okinawa (Ryukyu islands). The same point it still stands with your post considered.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/northeast-asia-geostrategic-forum.450084/page-16#post-9488040

People need to stop using a completely unrelated point about my flags to discredit me by calling me a fake.

China is like an empire. There is the inside part that is characteristically and historically Chinese in a deep way. Then there are outer areas, "Greater China" for lack of a better word. These are the areas that are not characteristically and historically Chinese. Taiwan, Tibet and Xinjiang are in this outer area. Parts of Inner Mongolia and Qinghai probably qualify as well. Whenever the whole Chinese kingdom fell apart, these parts did not engage in the competition to restore unity of China. Rather they remained independent. Take Tibet, different language, they don't even use Chinese characters, they did not fight together with Chinese against Imperial Japan, rather they declared their independece. They only become part of China whenever China is strong enough to exert domination. Whenever China is weak, Tibet goes independent. The idea of "wanting to maintain unification" doesn't apply to Tibet because they do not form part of the sentiment of wanting to maintain unity. That sentiment is found east of Tibet.

Senkaku islands were never really Chinese. Just navigation points. Refer to the second half of the post in the link below about Senkaku islands.
You can have thousands words about your Senkaku history and you Japan version of Chinese history and characteristic. What you want it's a balkanized China. it calls "decided to head butt".

before the dispute got hyped, the fisherman from Mainland/Taiwan can land on the island to escape the storm, no resident there. now, it's Japan state own island, only Japanese can land on it. only water cannon for Chinese. What a democracy!
see the difference?

The guy is Indian or Western false flagger. The way the person resorts to insult shows the insecure personality, hiding behind fake nationality.

Report and ignore.

@Shotgunner51 , @ahojunk

The issue shall have to wait, let peace continue for as long as possible until the day arrives. The dogs shall receive a good taste of Communist Iron Fist

The *** can't even show the true colors. Pathetic.

Envoy: ROK fully understands China's concern on THAAD
Xinhua, May 18, 2017

A special envoy of the President of the Republic of Korea (ROK) Moon Jae-in said Thursday that the ROK fully understands China's reasonable concern over the deployment of the U.S. Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) missile defense system.

The ROK side realized that the deployment of the THAAD has harmed ROK-China mutual trust and exchanges, the special envoy Lee Hae-chan told Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi, according to a Chinese official press release.

The ROK is ready to look for a proper solution to the issue with sincerity, said Lee.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom