What's new

North Korea ready to use nukes against the United States: Kim Jong Un

Dude, pick one.
Unifying the country and keeping the status quo are completely different objectives.

Can North Korea damage the South Korean economy and infrastructure beyond repair for more than a decade? Yes.
Can North Korea occupy some border territories of South Korea at the cost of a high number of casualties? Probably.
Can North Korea unify the Koreas? LOL
If there's a conventional war and South Korea marches up north,depending on the resistance they encounter,they could smash the NK forces and just annex the whole country,if China doesn't interfere. If things were tougher,they could just demand a regime change and peace treaty. But I think they could easily smash them.

Remember,that NK's population often suffer from malnutrition and famine,especially in the northern provinces.

I'm sure some hardcore communists would resist in captured territory or go to the mountains to fight a "guerilla war",but most of the North Koreans would be just happy to get plenty of food and treatment from the South.

The Last time when Koreans were fighting a civil war without foreign interventions, troops of south Korea mass surrendered to the north. South Vietnam was better equipped with US weapons and trainings, they still lost their civil war sooner than anyone expected. Communists are die hard fighters, ask Indians, their government has been fighting Maoists for almost a century, still can't manage a decisive win.
The North Korean army had just been equipped and trained by the Soviets,while the South Korean army was badly equipped and taken by surprise at that point. The communists had planned this well and hit them fast.

South Vietnam had many great units,but the problem was the corrupt and incompetent government and some higher officers. Communists are not always die hard fighters. Ask the millions of Soviets captured in the beginning of WWII and the thousands of communist guerillas who were defeated in various battles and skirmishes,in various wars during the 20th century. Also,there's a big difference between the terrain. See how the Turks can't destroy PKK for 40 years? Because Kurds use mountainous terrain a lot.

In Greece,during the Civil War,the communists would mostly defeat isolated small garissons in towns and villages or massacre innocent people. They were vulnurable in the fields and usually hid in the mountains. Eventually,they were bombed with napalm,the first use of napalm in war,at the final battles of Grammos and Vitsi.

Cause they want to win, USSR still defeated Germany even it suffered way more causalties.
That makes no sense.

The North Korean army had just been equipped and trained by the Soviets,while the South Korean army was badly equipped and taken by surprise at that point. The communists had planned this well and hit them fast.

South Vietnam had many great units,but the problem was the corrupt and incompetent government and some higher officers. Communists are not always die hard fighters. Ask the millions of Soviets captured in the beginning of WWII and the thousands of communist guerillas who were defeated in various battles and skirmishes,in various wars during the 20th century. Also,there's a big difference between the terrain. See how the Turks can't destroy PKK for 40 years? Because Kurds use mountainous terrain a lot.

In Greece,during the Civil War,the communists would mostly defeat isolated small garissons in towns and villages or massacre innocent people. They were vulnurable in the fields and usually hid in the mountains. Eventually,they were bombed with napalm,the first use of napalm in war,at the final battles of Grammos and Vitsi.

That makes no sense.
This is a lot of words for saying nothing, for almost all civil wars, without foreign powers involvement, communists always win, This fact is pretty self explanatory,Do you know how the republic of China ended up in Taiwan?

Last edited:
The republic of China (KMT) ruled whole of China for several decades, it had the whole country's tax money, national coffers, foreign reserves, all the industries and commercial assets, it was also US best buddy who helped US defeat Japan thus received enormous military and monetary aids from the western allies. Chinese Communists were just a bunch of ragtag farmers fighting guerrila battles in remote mountainous regions, they didnt have even one city in their hands, but KMT still managed to lose the war and fled to Taiwan.
North Korea at least has half of Korea, they are in a much much better position than that of the Chinese communists were in the past.

Last edited:
If there's a conventional war and South Korea marches up north,depending on the resistance they encounter,they could smash the NK forces and just annex the whole country,if China doesn't interfere. If things were tougher,they could just demand a regime change and peace treaty. But I think they could easily smash them.

Remember,that NK's population often suffer from malnutrition and famine,especially in the northern provinces.

I'm sure some hardcore communists would resist in captured territory or go to the mountains to fight a "guerilla war",but most of the North Koreans would be just happy to get plenty of food and treatment from the South.
North Korea may not be impressive when it comes to quality, but they are certainly impressive when it comes to quantity. They have 1.3 million active personnel. That's insane.
People in the West put too much emphasis on quality, I guess.
I think your idea that South Korea can march up north and annex the whole country is based on false image portrayed in the Western media, using the same flawed assumption that quality always beats quantity.

Even the impoverished Yemen could fend off Saudi strikes, even though the Saudis established air superiority from the very early days and they didn't shy away from hitting vital Yemeni infrastructures with full immunity and military support by the West.

A war between North Korea and South Korea without foreign interference would end in a stalemate. South Korea's military on its own can not defeat North Korea actually.

My guy this is not Call of Duty:hitwall:

I honestly don't think the western MSM bamboozled s.koreans would stand any chance against the n.koreans which are more regimented,disciplined and hungry .

A war between North Korea and South Korea without foreign interference would end in a stalemate. South Korea's military on its own can not defeat North Korea actually.

My guy this is not Call of Duty:hitwall:
It will bring total destruction of south Korea

North Korea has deployed an estimated 1,000 artillery pieces and rockets along the 248-kilomter (155-mile) border, putting the Seoul metropolitan area within its striking distance. Seoul, a capital city with 10 million people, is about 40-50 kilometers (25-30 miles) from the border.

Many experts have called the North Korean artillery threats "significant" because it can inflict massive casualties and devastate much of Seoul in the initial hours of a war before the much-better-equipped U.S. and South Korean militaries could fully respond.

People in the West put too much emphasis on quality, I guess.
I think your idea that South Korea can march up north and annex the whole country is based on false image portrayed in the Western media, using the same flawed assumption that quality always beats quantity.
The quantity difference is not that big. North Korea has about 25,000,000 population. South Korea has double that. In case of a full mobilisation,the South Koreans could use more troops.

As for the differences in quality...just take a look:

North Korean Air Force

Screenshot_2022-08-05 Korean People's Army Air and Anti-Air Force - Wikipedia.png

South Korean Air Force
(just the jet fighters)

Screenshot_2022-08-05 Republic of Korea Air Force - Wikipedia.png

North Korean Air Defence

Screenshot_2022-08-05 Korean People's Army Air and Anti-Air Force - Wikipedia(1).png

South Korean Air Defence

Screenshot_2022-08-05 Republic of Korea Air Force - Wikipedia(1).png

If you check their current Navy surface fleets,North Korea is outdated and outgunned.

If you compare their tanks and armored vehicles,South Korea has a massive advantage. In logistics,reconnaisance,engineering and personal gear,the South Korean army has the advantage.

Even the land forces air component is far superior to the NK's one:

Screenshot_2022-08-05 List of equipment of the Republic of Korea Army - Wikipedia.png

My guy this is not Call of Duty
It's not a communist propaganda show either

124365378_NKorea_01_396977b.jpg

5FG33ks.jpg

Last edited:
This is a lot of words for saying nothing, for almost all civil wars, without foreign powers involvement, communists always win, This fact is pretty self explanatory,Do you know how the republic of China ended up in Taiwan?
Yes,I know. And the Soviets supported you.

Which other civil wars have had no foreign involvement and communists actually won? Because as far as I know,both sides had support. The Spartakists in Germany were crushed.

What other civil war between communists and non-communists had no foreign involvement?!

The quantity difference is not that big. North Korea has about 25,000,000 population. South Korea has double that. In case of a full mobilisation,the South Koreans could use more troops.

As for the differences in quality...just take a look:

North Korean Air Force

View attachment 868215

South Korean Air Force
(just the jet fighters)

View attachment 868216

North Korean Air Defence

View attachment 868217

South Korean Air Defence

View attachment 868218

If you check their current Navy surface fleets,North Korea is outdated and outgunned.

If you compare their tanks and armored vehicles,South Korea has a massive advantage. In logistics,reconnaisance,engineering and personal gear,the South Korean army has the advantage.

Even the land forces air component is far superior to the NK's one:

View attachment 868231

It's not a communist propaganda show either

View attachment 868232

View attachment 868234
North Korea boasts about a 9 million people army. It has 1.3 million active personnel and about 6 million people in reserve.
The only question is: Can North Korea arm that many people? If yes, South Korea can only dream about annexing North Korea even without nukes.

North Korea boasts about a 9 million people army. It has 1.3 million active personnel and about 6 million people in reserve.
The only question is: Can North Korea arm that many people? If yes, South Korea can only dream about annexing North Korea even without nukes.
And Saddam boasted to have the world's 4th largest army and see what happened.

9 million army out of a 25 million population,what quality do you think that army will be? Peasant army and militias.

They've said a lot of bull,do you actually believe their boasting of 1 million special forces? Come on. We're talking about a regime that told its people it won the World Cup in football. Propaganda is the daily routine.

Back
Top Bottom