What's new

Nokia to relaunch 3310 featuring dual core processor and 3G support

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The masterpiece model from Nokia, codenamed 3310, has got its new face from the Finnish cell phone maker, as per the recent reports from the manufacturer.

nokia-3310-with-pureview-01.jpg

The Nokia 3310 was the most successful handset ever made by Nokia and was born back in 2000. Over 125 million phones of this model were sold by the company.

This time around, the re-birth of Nokia 3310 will reveal a whole new device with a 3 inch display panel. The inside might be more different than before due to a number of variations made to its internal circuitry

The new Nokia 3310 will appear as more of a smartphone due to the fact that it will feature a dual-core chipset clocked at 1,5 GHz, a RAM of 2GB and built-in memory of 32GB. The design and shape of the phone is identical to its ancestor, the original 3310.

Users must be overwhelmed to see a high-profile massive PureVeiw camera of 41MP with the addition of Carl Zeiss lens and Xenon flash. The phone will run on a personalized Windows 8 version to be compatible with the 3 inch ‘ClearDiamond’ display panel. It is also capable of Optical Image Stabilization.

A plethora of exciting apps like LiveTiles, MS Office, Xbox Games, and Outlook adds credibility to the smartphone.

The genuine ringtones of Nokia 3310, which used to be its trademark, are pre-installed on the phone. The battery might be under-performer but a 1430 mAh battery could be ample for this phone.

The company is planning to release this super-hit phone in a number of colors like red, blue, yellow, green and metallic dark blue.

Nokia 3310 will be capable of connecting with the next generation technologies like 3G. Apart from this, the company will unveil another variant which will be able to connect with LTE networks, but it will hit the market shelves at the end of 2014. The price of this masterpiece is not yet disclosed by the company.
@Aeronaut @WebMaster @Oscar @Zakii @mafiya @RazPaK @AUz

I might consider buying again due to former allegiance with 3310.. it all depends how the finished product really look like in my hand

Nevertheless.. good move by Nokia

April Fools’ Day 2014: Nokia brings back the 3310 with a 41-megapixel camera, running on Windows Phone 8

nokia-3310-april-fools-day-1.jpg

Remember the Nokia 3310? The device launched back in 2000 is making a comeback in a new avatar. It now runs on Windows Phone 8 and boasts the 41-megapixel PureView camera. Before you get all excited though, we should tell you this is just anApril Fools’ day prank being played by Nokia.

Nokia says that the 3310 achieved a cult status after its launch and buyers have been asking the company to bring the device back. Rather than relaunching in the original avatar though, Nokia has decided to give it a more contemporary makeover. It now runs on a special version of Windows Phone 8, which has been modified to fit into the 3-inch ‘ClearDiamond’ WXGA (1280×768 pixels) display. The device also sports Lumiaesque bright colors and the biggest addition of all is the 41-megapixel PureView camera at the back.

nokia-3310-april-fools-day-2.jpg

As far as specifications are concerned, the 3310 is powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core processor paired with 2GB of RAM and includes 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded using a microSD card. Additionally, Nokia is also offering 7GB of OneDrive cloud storage. Also included is a 1,430mAh battery and connectivity options like micro-SIM port, 3G support, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

A contemporary makeover doesn’t mean Nokia has forgotten the 3310’s roots and hence will preload the device with games like Snake II, Pairs II, Space Impact and Bantumi.

It’s a nice little April Fools’ day prank by Nokia, which should undoubtedly make quite a few nostalgic.

April Fools’ Day 2014: Nokia brings back the 3310 with a 41-megapixel camera, running on Windows Phone 8 | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India

3310 was my first phone. I saw it fall on the ground and burst apart and still work. I saw a bus go over it and still work. I saw being chewed by a dog and still work. Unfortunately my mother gave it to somebody else without asking. Otherwise I would have kept it because of sentimental value. The new model looks weird. I doubt the screen will have that weird shape. Back looks o.k I guess but the front looks gay. It looks hip but in the wrong way.

The masterpiece model from Nokia, codenamed 3310, has got its new face from the Finnish cell phone maker, as per the recent reports from the manufacturer.

nokia-3310-with-pureview-01.jpg

The Nokia 3310 was the most successful handset ever made by Nokia and was born back in 2000. Over 125 million phones of this model were sold by the company.

This time around, the re-birth of Nokia 3310 will reveal a whole new device with a 3 inch display panel. The inside might be more different than before due to a number of variations made to its internal circuitry

The new Nokia 3310 will appear as more of a smartphone due to the fact that it will feature a dual-core chipset clocked at 1,5 GHz, a RAM of 2GB and built-in memory of 32GB. The design and shape of the phone is identical to its ancestor, the original 3310.

Users must be overwhelmed to see a high-profile massive PureVeiw camera of 41MP with the addition of Carl Zeiss lens and Xenon flash. The phone will run on a personalized Windows 8 version to be compatible with the 3 inch ‘ClearDiamond’ display panel. It is also capable of Optical Image Stabilization.

A plethora of exciting apps like LiveTiles, MS Office, Xbox Games, and Outlook adds credibility to the smartphone.

The genuine ringtones of Nokia 3310, which used to be its trademark, are pre-installed on the phone. The battery might be under-performer but a 1430 mAh battery could be ample for this phone.

The company is planning to release this super-hit phone in a number of colors like red, blue, yellow, green and metallic dark blue.

Nokia 3310 will be capable of connecting with the next generation technologies like 3G. Apart from this, the company will unveil another variant which will be able to connect with LTE networks, but it will hit the market shelves at the end of 2014. The price of this masterpiece is not yet disclosed by the company.
@Aeronaut @WebMaster @Oscar @Zakii @mafiya @RazPaK @AUz

Relaunching Nokia 3310 was April Fool Day Joke from Nokia! :sick:

Although as 3310 was the first mobile I used, I love seeing it revamped. But this move is flop in my opinion, smart phones are meant to have bigger screens, with this old design, there is nothing much the designers could do. Nokia should have come up with a new design inspired by 3310 instead of just modifying this old design.

And 41 MegaPixel camera in 3310, holy smoke.. :o:

What was its price then?

Dont remember the price, but we still have this mobile till today and its in working condition :) it drains battery quickly so no body uses it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom