What's new

No question of conditions on loans to Bangladesh: IMF

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said that there is no question of giving any condition to Bangladesh. This put an end to all the speculations going on in the country and abroad about the discussed loan proposal.​

International Desk

IMF Asia and Pacific Region Head Rahul Anand said this in a briefing on Bangladesh's economy on Tuesday (August 16).

In the briefing, the head of the IMF's Asia and Pacific region clearly said that the increase in the price of fuel oil is Bangladesh's own matter. He also clarified that the IMF loan has nothing to do with it.

More to follow....

বাংলাদেশকে ঋণ প্রদানে শর্তের প্রশ্নই আসে না: আইএমএফ​

বাংলাদেশকে ঋণ প্রদানে কোনো শর্ত দেয়ার প্রশ্নই আসে না বলে জানিয়েছে আন্তর্জাতিক মুদ্রা তহবিল (আইএমএফ)। এতে অবসান ঘটল আলোচিত এ ঋণ প্রস্তাব নিয়ে দেশ-বিদেশে চলমান সব জল্পনা কল্পনার।​

আন্তর্জাতিক ডেস্ক
১ মিনিটে পড়ুন

মঙ্গলবার (১৬ আগস্ট) বাংলাদেশের অর্থনীতি বিষয়ে এক ব্রিফিংয়ে আইএমএফের এশিয়া ও প্রশান্ত মহাসাগরীয় অঞ্চল প্রধান রাহুল আনান্দ এ কথা বলেন।

ব্রিফিংয়ে আইএমএফের এশীয় ও প্রশান্ত মহাসাগরীয় অঞ্চল প্রধান স্পষ্ট করেই বলেন, জ্বালানি তেলের দাম বৃদ্ধির বিষয়টি বাংলাদেশের নিজস্ব ব্যাপার। এর সঙ্গে আইএমএফ এর ঋণের কোনো সম্পর্ক নেই বলেও সাফ জানিয়েছেন তিনি।

বিস্তারিত আসছে…

(Bilal9 note: Somoy TV and Media are AL sponsored news outlets - as widely known in Bangladesh)

@Nergal Bhai please confirm if I am wrong.

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said that there is no question of giving any condition to Bangladesh. This put an end to all the speculations going on in the country and abroad about the discussed loan proposal.​

International Desk

IMF Asia and Pacific Region Head Rahul Anand said this in a briefing on Bangladesh's economy on Tuesday (August 16).

In the briefing, the head of the IMF's Asia and Pacific region clearly said that the increase in the price of fuel oil is Bangladesh's own matter. He also clarified that the IMF loan has nothing to do with it.

More to follow....

বাংলাদেশকে ঋণ প্রদানে শর্তের প্রশ্নই আসে না: আইএমএফ​

বাংলাদেশকে ঋণ প্রদানে কোনো শর্ত দেয়ার প্রশ্নই আসে না বলে জানিয়েছে আন্তর্জাতিক মুদ্রা তহবিল (আইএমএফ)। এতে অবসান ঘটল আলোচিত এ ঋণ প্রস্তাব নিয়ে দেশ-বিদেশে চলমান সব জল্পনা কল্পনার।​

আন্তর্জাতিক ডেস্ক
১ মিনিটে পড়ুন

মঙ্গলবার (১৬ আগস্ট) বাংলাদেশের অর্থনীতি বিষয়ে এক ব্রিফিংয়ে আইএমএফের এশিয়া ও প্রশান্ত মহাসাগরীয় অঞ্চল প্রধান রাহুল আনান্দ এ কথা বলেন।

ব্রিফিংয়ে আইএমএফের এশীয় ও প্রশান্ত মহাসাগরীয় অঞ্চল প্রধান স্পষ্ট করেই বলেন, জ্বালানি তেলের দাম বৃদ্ধির বিষয়টি বাংলাদেশের নিজস্ব ব্যাপার। এর সঙ্গে আইএমএফ এর ঋণের কোনো সম্পর্ক নেই বলেও সাফ জানিয়েছেন তিনি।

বিস্তারিত আসছে…

(Bilal9 note: Somoy TV and Media are AL sponsored news outlets - as widely known in Bangladesh)

@bluesky will not like this news 🤣

@UKBengali - you should change your name to Nostradamus. You are proved correct again!

@BananaRepublicUK

Pleasantly surprised in one sense but not on the other. ;)

BD is one of the best run developing countries in the world and the IMF knows that it will get every cent back on time.

Chances of BD defaulting on loan repayments is about as much as an asteroid strike like the one that wiped out the dinosaurs!

The conditions are usually imposed on those who turn to the IMF through bad governance and BD is not one of them.

The conditions are usually imposed on those who turn to the IMF through bad governance and BD is not one of them
Actually, it's more to that, there is also a factor of geo-strategic at play, and IMF is used to arm-twist those countries. I will stop myself as this is not the thread to discuss that.

Actually, it's more to that, there is also a factor of geo-strategic at play, and IMF is used to arm-twist those countries. I will stop myself as this is not the thread to discuss that.

IMF is a tool of the west.

After the supposed ending of colonial rule - west used IMF to debt trap countries.

Especially African countries.

Most African countries paid back 5-6 times more money than they borrowed.

As well as opening up their mining to western companies as a condition.

Everything the west accuses China of - IMF has done a thousand times.

West thinks China will be as bad as the IMF 🤣

Oh! The irony!

Fortunately, Chinese are not as evil as the west.

IMF is a tool of the west.

After the supposed ending of colonial rule - west used IMF to debt trap countries.

Especially African countries.

Most African countries paid back 5-6 times more money than they borrowed.

As well as opening up their mining to western companies as a condition.

Everything the west accuses China of - IMF has done a thousand times.

West thinks China will be as bad as the IMF 🤣

Oh! The irony!

Fortunately, Chinese are not as evil as the west.

Thing is most of the loans Chinese provide isn't done for economic returns or even for resources. Its some thing much more sinister. Many of the infrastructure projects in developing countries that China finances are useless White elephant projects which China very well knows it's never going to generate enough returns for countries to pay China back and hence would be forced to lease them out to China for 100 years. This is similar to the tricks western powers once used it on China itself during the colonial times with unequal trade treaties and annexing port cities in china by way of lease for 100 years. Now China studied those tactics from its past oppressors and is now applying them on developing and underdeveloped countries today, welcome to the neo colonial world.

Anyone will take advantage of you if you put yourself in a vulnerable position.

IMF knows that BD will survive just fine without these loans and so they either make some money by lending to BD or get nothing at all. It is in no position to dictate to a strong economy like BD.

This is just confirmation of what I have been saying that BD does not need to turn to IMF but it will take the loans if they are being offered a good deal like seems the case now.

Thing is most of the loans Chinese provide isn't done for economic returns or even for resources. Its some thing much more sinister. Many of the infrastructure projects in developing countries that China finances are useless White elephant projects which China very well knows it's never going to generate enough returns for countries to pay China back and hence would be forced to lease them out to China for 100 years. This is similar to the tricks western powers once used it on China itself during the colonial times with unequal trade treaties and annexing port cities in china by way of lease for 100 years. Now China studied those tactics from its past oppressors and is now applying them on developing and underdeveloped countries today, welcome to the neo colonial world.

Complete and utter nonsense!

China builds useful infrastructure.

Unlike India which builds monuments and temples to divisive leaders like the pirate Shivaji. How did that white elephant end up costing?

What about ModiG’s vanity project to change the Mughal character of Delhi? Another few billions!

Temples hoarding gold - exploiting the poor with superstitious crap!

Indians should not lecture China about white elephants!

Btw, China is not responsible for the actions of the democratically elected SL government. SL people swallowed the anti Muslim hate of their government - and ignored the corruption of their president. VERY SIMILAR TO WHAT IS HAPPENING UNDER ModiG.

SL people need to own their stupidity. Next time don’t fall for the anti Muslim hatred!

@Bilal9 Bhai , ধান ভানতে একটু শিবের গীত গাইতে চাই!

Firstly I don't trust a single bit of information from Bangladeshi media,as most of them aren't even controlled by state , but controlled by raw itself!

However still I will believe their ( mainstream media ) news if it's related to armed forces!

They won't dare to spread false news related to armed forces!

মানে দেশের সার্বভৌমত্ব নিয়ে মিথ্যা প্রোপাগাণ্ডা চালালে তাদের পিঠের চামড়া থাকার কথা না, থাকা উচিতও না। কাজেই এই রিস্ক তারা নেবে না। তাই এসব ব্যাপারে তারা মিথ্যা খবর দেয়ার সাহস করবে না বলেই মনে করি!

Now on topic , but for the rest , I would say they spread Goebbelsian propaganda ; be it for govt or against govt ( depend on news source) .

I searched google and didn't find any international news related to this topic , loan without any condition !

But maybe it's for my limitation ; there are many other people who are fluent in English can do this job!

But before reading any reliable international news source, I don't believe it , specially when it's the case about IMF loan!

কাজেই আই এম এফ এই কথা বলেছে ( শর্ত দেবার নাকি প্রশ্নই আসে না) এইটা আমি ততক্ষণ পর্যন্ত বিশ্বাস করতে রাজি না, যতক্ষন না কোন রেপুটেড আন্তর্জাতিক মিডিয়ায় এটা ছাপা হচ্ছে!

But ,here is a short video of Dr Reza Kibria! Hope it helps!

Last edited:
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said that there is no question of giving any condition to Bangladesh. This put an end to all the speculations going on in the country and abroad about the discussed loan proposal.
I wonder why IMF should say this now. Were not the benevolent ministers of Hasina Bibi claiming all along that the govt has raised the fuel prices because of the IMF pressure before it can extend any loans to our poor BD?

Now, it seems these Golden BD ministers were hiding the truth as usual.

Guys, watch the video below to know how an IMF loan request is processed before granting it. This is a Dr. Reza Kibria video. He is a former IMF official.

I am amazed to see what low levels of lies, fraud and trickery RAW and Hasina's cohorts will stoop to, to keep her in place in her "Godi"....

I am amazed to see what low levels of lies, fraud and trickery RAW and Hasina's cohorts will stoop to, to keep her in place in her "Godi"....
Hasina may not need her Gaddi but she loves her life. She will be hanged by the military once out of her Gaddi for conspiring the Pilkhana carnage and killing 57 military officers.

This may be a reason that she trembles in fear at the thought of being removed from her Gaddi. She is a vicious third-rate woman who herself looted and encouraged her colleagues to loot the poor people's money. The only condition is to keep her on the Gaddi.

Well @Bilal9 Bhai , I'm surprised that why some people who are well educated in this forum , too fast to take Bangladeshi news as authentic news without verify it!

At least they can search and find from an international news source!

Instead they are celebrating and dancing with propaganda machine! What kind of partisan behavior is this?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom