No Pakistani selected at IPL auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice_man

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
No buyers for Afridi, other Pakistani players at IPL

MUMBAI: Players’ auction is underway for the third edition of the Indian Premier League here today but this is strange to note that None of the 11 Pakistanis who went under the hammer, including the king of Twenty20 cricket, Shahid Afridi and the best player of the first IPL, Sohail Tanvir were sold despite their national team being the reigning World Twenty20 champions.

The auction of the IPL players began with bidding for Shahid Afridi but none of the eight franchises of the IPL expressed interest in buying him.

Similar treatment was done with kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Sohail Tanvir, Imran Nazir and Mohammad Aamer.

Afridi’s auction started with a base price of $250,000 but no franchise company made any offer.

Of the 66 players up for bid, only 11 were sold, with West Indian all-rounder Kieron Pollard and New Zealand fast bowler Shane Bond drawing the highest prices at 750,000 dollars each.

Pollard was picked up by Mumbai Indians, owned by India’s richest industrialist Mukesh Ambani, while Bond went to Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan’s Kolkata Knight Riders.

Another West Indian, Kemar Roach, attracted 720,000 dollars from 2009 champions Deccan Chargers. Promising South African paceman Wayne Parnell was sold to Delhi Daredevils for 610,000 dollars.

The auction was held for cricketers not already linked with any IPL team and was limited to the third edition, which will be held across India from March 12 to April 25.

From 2011 onwards, when the number of teams will be increased from eight to 10, a fresh auction will be held for all cricketers for a three-year term.

Other star players who were ignored at the auction were Australian Test wicket-keeper Brad Haddin, England spinner Graeme Swann, West Indian Ramnaresh Sarwan and Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan.

The third edition of the extremely popular Twenty20 tournament will begin from March 12.

well, I doubt why Afridi wasnt selected? have the team owners gone mad? Comeon u cannot do this to a player like afridi, personally Iam a big fan of him...

Thank you India for showing our players what RACIST the IPL committee is! & showing us the true RACISM of INDIANS! however, no worries in a way we like it because we are tired of a two faced indian approach of amaan ki ashaaa & then this racism by indians! i think indians should just stop saying that the ordinary indian man doesn't hate pakistan! good atleast your venom is out in the open!

but it is good finally our players will stop this bhai bhai friendship thing & concentrate on national cricket!

this will bring them back to the ground!

well, I doubt why Afridi wasnt selected? have the team owners gone mad? Comeon u cannot do this to a player like afridi, personally Iam a big fan of him...

its sheeer racism! nothing else how can you ignore such players that have proved their mettle in the 20-20 worldcup just recently! and that to without playing much 20-20 form of the game! & another thing to note is since the worldcup pakistan hasn't lost a single 20-20 match!

so sorry amarnath but the "OWNERS" of IPL teams don't share your love they are plain racist!

Thank you India for showing our players what RACIST the IPL committee is! & showing us the true RACISM of INDIANS! however, no worries in a way we like it because we are tired of a two faced indian approach of amaan ki ashaaa & then this racism by indians! i think indians should just stop saying that the ordinary indian man doesn't hate pakistan! good atleast your venom is out in the open!

but it is good finally our players will stop this bhai bhai friendship thing & concentrate on national cricket!

this will bring them back to the ground!

In what way does this seem racism to u? Kolkata knight riders head bowling coach is wasim akram, Now stop saying that, it hurts.

its sheeer racism! nothing else how can you ignore such players that have proved their mettle in the 20-20 worldcup just recently! and that to without playing much 20-20 form of the game! & another thing to note is since the worldcup pakistan hasn't lost a single 20-20 match!

so sorry amarnath but the "OWNERS" of IPL teams don't share your love they are plain racist!

hey dont say that buddy, afridi in the last ipl had an avg of just 10 runs, Its not racism.... more over they will b selected in upcoming rounds...

In what way does this seem racism to u? Kolkata knight riders head bowling coach is wasim akram, Now stop saying that, it hurts.

wasim akram you want him because india can never produce a wasim akram! besides wasim akram sometimes goes overboard & teaches irfan pathan & others free bowling tips! wasim is equally fooled by the indian media & hype & it is our loss that our PCB doesn't give wasim the respect he deserves...(but i think he even deamnds alot more than waqar or aaqib for that matter)!

so you see out of all javed miadad,zaheer abaas,waqar,aaqib,saeed anwar,imran khan the indians only want WASIM the man that terrorised indian cricket for yearssss!!!!just so indians can exploit him & learn his tricks!

I am surprised at some choices,like Kemar Roach.He may have speed and bowls well,but for him 750000+ !!Its overrated price.
Whereas Sohail Tanvir,the purple cap holder of IPL1 remained unsold.Even Doug Bollinger remained unsold,who is perhaps a better bowler than Kemar Roach,

And I wonder what will Delhi do with so many Lefty pacers,they already have 4 Left arm pacers,and with Wayne Parnell its 5.

What's with the strategy of these teams???

hey dont say that buddy, afridi in the last ipl had an avg of just 10 runs, Its not racism.... more over they will b selected in upcoming rounds...

Pakistanis were not selected for outside factors like not getting Visa.
Otherwise there would have been some Pakistani players there.

Also number of Australians are lower.Some like Bollinger,Haddin were not picked.May be the Shiv Sena threat was a factor.

wasim akram you want him because india can never produce a wasim akram! besides wasim akram sometimes goes overboard & teaches irfan pathan & others free bowling tips! wasim is equally fooled by the indian media & hype & it is our loss that our PCB doesn't give wasim the respect he deserves...(but i think he even deamnds alot more than waqar or aaqib for that matter)!

so you see out of all javed miadad,zaheer abaas,waqar,aaqib,saeed anwar,imran khan the indians only want WASIM the man that terrorised indian cricket for yearssss!!!!just so indians can exploit him & learn his tricks!

We are not calling wasim akram to train indian squad, this is private, so u have no license to say we wanted to get his tricks, moreover india has produced several quality bowlers and is still

While I consider this event (of not selecting even 1 pakistani player) as totally non sense, I think the reasons are not race related (we have a lot of muslim players within IPL and indian cricket team)

If you go thru the new article, it says that the teamowners were not sure if the pakistani players will get visa or if another terrorist event will further spoil the present Indo - Pak situation. Hence they avoided players where there was a probability of the player not being able to make it to the tournament.

1. Availability for whole length of the Tournament.
2. Current form.
3. Some specific skills not required as already available in Indian players.
4. More interested in Indian players due to recession.

Pakistanis were not selected for outside factors like not getting Visa.

Not giving visa to a sportsman, that's sad.

imraan2006g said:
After getting whitewashed by the australians, i doubt the IPL was even going to take them for free.

Test and 20-20 squads are different and both are different forms of cricket all together.

Not picking players like Shahid Afridi and Razzaq is sad. Pakistan is one of the best 20-20 team at the moment and this will attract less audience towards the tournament. Loss to the game rather then a country or individual.

While I consider this event (of not selecting even 1 pakistani player) as totally non sense, I think the reasons are not race related (we have a lot of muslim players within IPL and indian cricket team)

If you go thru the new article, it says that the teamowners were not sure if the pakistani players will get visa or if another terrorist event will further spoil the present Indo - Pak situation. Hence they avoided players where there was a probability of the player not being able to make it to the tournament.

however, wasim akram can still be the coach of kolkata knight riders! secondly ALL and i mean ALL pakistani players being ignored is just racism! players like Umar Akmal who is an upcoming star! so please spare us the BULL s**T about no racism! & visa issues!

india doesn't want AMAAN KI ASHAAAA THE WORLD HAS SEEN THE COMMON INDIAN MEN's true colours!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom