What's new

No need to apologise, Pakistan will reply India on the hockey ground: Shahnaz Sheikh

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Former Pakistan coach Shahnaz Sheikh has reacted strongly to Hockey India (HI) president Narinder Batra's demand for an apology for the obscene behaviour of the Pakistan players during the Champions Trophy in Bhubaneswar last year.

Shahnaz, as reported by Pakistan's Daily Times, has said there's no need to apologise and that it’s better to give India a fitting reply whenever the two teams next meet on the hockey pitch.

pakistan_india_hockey.jpg

The former Pakistan coach replied to Hockey India President Narinder Batra's demand for an apology for the obscene behaviour of Pakistan players during Champions Trophy last year.

“I am disappointed by the statement of Batra. He is a nice man. I don’t know who is dictating him to say such things. Pakistan and India can only solve the problems of hockey if they play a bilateral series,” Shahnaz told reporters in Pakistan.

Batra was speaking in Delhi on Monday at a launch event of the Hockey India League (HIL) 2016, which will once again not see any participation of the Pakistan players. The HI President blamed it on Pakistan's refusal to show any regret for the incident and tensions at the Line of Control.

“I would love to have Pakistan players but not with the kind of behaviour they displayed in the Champions Trophy. And they have shown no regret of that incident in writing or otherwise...Least we need an apology from them,” Batra had said.

But Shahnaz, who was the coach of the Pakistan team when the incident took place, said it's best to answer on the hockey pitch.

“Pakistan will reply India in the ground now. And we did reply them in India when we beat them at home. And what are the Indians complaining about? The FIH punished our players for their mistake but Indian spectators pointed fingers and chanted abuses at me and my players, what about that?,” he said.

“I met Indian players in Belgium [during FIH World League semis] and they were optimistic that Pakistan players will be invited to the Hockey India League this year. They think that Pakistan players bring with them quality and it is good for commercial aspects too,” Shahnaz added.

He went on to say that India are acting as bad losers.

"Indian hockey is not able to digest the loss against Pakistan in the Champions Trophy. So they are twisting that case further. The FIH took action on the matter then and there and Pakistan players were barred from the next match, the final, which we lost,” he said.

The former coach went to make an ambitious suggestion of Pakistan starting a hockey league of its own and invite Indian players to set an example.

I would suggest that the Pakistan Hockey Federation should start its own league and invite Indian players to participate in the tournament. This would send a message that we are not like them,” he concluded.

No need to apologise, Pakistan will reply India on the hockey ground: Shahnaz Sheikh - IBNLive

Former Pakistan coach Shahnaz Sheikh has reacted strongly to Hockey India (HI) president Narinder Batra's demand for an apology for the obscene behaviour of the Pakistan players during the Champions Trophy in Bhubaneswar last year.

Shahnaz, as reported by Pakistan's Daily Times, has said there's no need to apologise and that it’s better to give India a fitting reply whenever the two teams next meet on the hockey pitch.

The former Pakistan coach replied to Hockey India President Narinder Batra's demand for an apology for the obscene behaviour of Pakistan players during Champions Trophy last year.

“I am disappointed by the statement of Batra. He is a nice man. I don’t know who is dictating him to say such things. Pakistan and India can only solve the problems of hockey if they play a bilateral series,” Shahnaz told reporters in Pakistan.

Batra was speaking in Delhi on Monday at a launch event of the Hockey India League (HIL) 2016, which will once again not see any participation of the Pakistan players. The HI President blamed it on Pakistan's refusal to show any regret for the incident and tensions at the Line of Control.

“I would love to have Pakistan players but not with the kind of behaviour they displayed in the Champions Trophy. And they have shown no regret of that incident in writing or otherwise...Least we need an apology from them,” Batra had said.

But Shahnaz, who was the coach of the Pakistan team when the incident took place, said it's best to answer on the hockey pitch.

“Pakistan will reply India in the ground now. And we did reply them in India when we beat them at home. And what are the Indians complaining about? The FIH punished our players for their mistake but Indian spectators pointed fingers and chanted abuses at me and my players, what about that?,” he said.

“I met Indian players in Belgium [during FIH World League semis] and they were optimistic that Pakistan players will be invited to the Hockey India League this year. They think that Pakistan players bring with them quality and it is good for commercial aspects too,” Shahnaz added.

He went on to say that India are acting as bad losers.

"Indian hockey is not able to digest the loss against Pakistan in the Champions Trophy. So they are twisting that case further. The FIH took action on the matter then and there and Pakistan players were barred from the next match, the final, which we lost,” he said.

The former coach went to make an ambitious suggestion of Pakistan starting a hockey league of its own and invite Indian players to set an example.

I would suggest that the Pakistan Hockey Federation should start its own league and invite Indian players to participate in the tournament. This would send a message that we are not like them,” he concluded.

No need to apologise, Pakistan will reply India on the hockey ground: Shahnaz Sheikh - IBNLive
but onli after all your players and mangemnet make a officail opology to there past conduct in india or else aap apne ghar me khush hum apne ghar me mudda kya hai bhai :azn: :coffee:

Mirch masala title from india:

Hockey India League: Pakistan Hit Back at Batra's 'Bad-Behaviour' Comment

Hockey India League will step into its fourth year starting January 2016. The organisers have shut the door on Pakistan players after their their controversial behaviour during 2014 Champions Trophy in Bhubaneshwar.

Karachi: Reacting strongly to Hockey India president Narender Batra's demand for an unconditional apology from Pakistan players for their boorish behaviour during last year's Champions Trophy, former coach Shahnaz Sheikh termed it as an excuse to deny their players from playing in the HIL.

Batra issued a statement on Monday saying, "I would love to have Pakistan players but not with the kind of behaviour they displayed in the Champions Trophy. And they have shown no regret of that incident in writing or otherwise. I don't want to politicise the issue but that kind of behaviour was unacceptable. Least we need an apology from them."

"I am really disappointed at the statement given by Batra because I know him personally and he is a nice man. I think someone put these words in his mouth. I hope Pakistan players give India a befitting reply when we next meet them in a match," an angry Sheikh told PTI on Monday.

"I don't understand the need for this statement now perhaps it is one way for Hockey India to find another excuse for not allowing our players to appear in the Hockey India League, which is a letdown for them," he said adding that may be Batra and Co are still finding it difficult to digest their defeat in the Champions Trophy semi-final.

Shahnaz was the coach of the Pakistan hockey team when the unsavoury incident happened in Bhubaneshwar with some of his players making obscene gestures at the spectators after defeating arch-rivals India in the semi-finals.

"I remember that after
what happened post semi-finals of the Champions Trophy last December, the Pakistan Hockey Federation, myself and even the team expressed regret for the actions of some of our players. Two of our main players were also banned from the final by the FIH and it cost us the final," Sheikh said questioning why do they need to apologising once again.

"
We expressed our regrets and the PHF officials present there pulled up our players as well even though they had reacted to the boorish behaviour of a section of the crowd which kept on abusing them," he made a counter-allegations. (FIH Suspended Two Players for Misconduct)

Sheikh is also feeling bad as the vibes that they got from Indian players made him believe that Pakistan boys will be featuring in the cash-rich league.

"I met Indian players in Belgium and they were optimistic that Pakistani players will be invited to the HIL this year. They think that Pakistani players bring with themselves quality and it is good for commercial aspects too," said Sheikh.

Sheikh, a former Olympian, who resigned as coach recently after Pakistan failed to qualify for the 2016 Olympic games said he would expect Batra to review his statement and change his harsh stance.

"I don't know who is dictating him to say such things. Pakistan and India can only solve the problems of hockey if they play a bilateral series," he added.

Hockey India League: Pakistan Hit Back at Batra's 'Bad-Behaviour' Comment - Hockey News

make a officail opology

no regret of that incident in writing or otherwise.

the Pakistan Hockey Federation, myself and even the team expressed regret for the actions of some of our players. Two of our main players were also banned from the final by the FIH and it cost us the final,

While indian cricketer was ONLY FINED when he did similar gesture...No one didnt allow him to play in the sport...what a lot of cry babies :coffee:

Tame your barbaric crowd first....charity begins at home :enjoy:

That is the spirit!

It is the other way around, the hyper emotional and sore losers Indians should apologize to us for mistreating our players.

Once the corrupt mafias of Pakistan are taken care of, we will rise. It is just a matter of time.

No sports with India as long as she continues supporting cross-border terrorism in our country and does not apologizes for her behavior with our players!

Mirch masala title from india:

Hockey India League: Pakistan Hit Back at Batra's 'Bad-Behaviour' Comment

Hockey India League will step into its fourth year starting January 2016. The organisers have shut the door on Pakistan players after their their controversial behaviour during 2014 Champions Trophy in Bhubaneshwar.

Karachi: Reacting strongly to Hockey India president Narender Batra's demand for an unconditional apology from Pakistan players for their boorish behaviour during last year's Champions Trophy, former coach Shahnaz Sheikh termed it as an excuse to deny their players from playing in the HIL.

Batra issued a statement on Monday saying, "I would love to have Pakistan players but not with the kind of behaviour they displayed in the Champions Trophy. And they have shown no regret of that incident in writing or otherwise. I don't want to politicise the issue but that kind of behaviour was unacceptable. Least we need an apology from them."

"I am really disappointed at the statement given by Batra because I know him personally and he is a nice man. I think someone put these words in his mouth. I hope Pakistan players give India a befitting reply when we next meet them in a match," an angry Sheikh told PTI on Monday.

"I don't understand the need for this statement now perhaps it is one way for Hockey India to find another excuse for not allowing our players to appear in the Hockey India League, which is a letdown for them," he said adding that may be Batra and Co are still finding it difficult to digest their defeat in the Champions Trophy semi-final.

Shahnaz was the coach of the Pakistan hockey team when the unsavoury incident happened in Bhubaneshwar with some of his players making obscene gestures at the spectators after defeating arch-rivals India in the semi-finals.

"I remember that after
what happened post semi-finals of the Champions Trophy last December, the Pakistan Hockey Federation, myself and even the team expressed regret for the actions of some of our players. Two of our main players were also banned from the final by the FIH and it cost us the final," Sheikh said questioning why do they need to apologising once again.

"
We expressed our regrets and the PHF officials present there pulled up our players as well even though they had reacted to the boorish behaviour of a section of the crowd which kept on abusing them," he made a counter-allegations. (FIH Suspended Two Players for Misconduct)

Sheikh is also feeling bad as the vibes that they got from Indian players made him believe that Pakistan boys will be featuring in the cash-rich league.

"I met Indian players in Belgium and they were optimistic that Pakistani players will be invited to the HIL this year. They think that Pakistani players bring with themselves quality and it is good for commercial aspects too," said Sheikh.

Sheikh, a former Olympian, who resigned as coach recently after Pakistan failed to qualify for the 2016 Olympic games said he would expect Batra to review his statement and change his harsh stance.

"I don't know who is dictating him to say such things. Pakistan and India can only solve the problems of hockey if they play a bilateral series," he added.

Hockey India League: Pakistan Hit Back at Batra's 'Bad-Behaviour' Comment - Hockey News

While indian cricketer was ONLY FINED when he did similar gesture...No one didnt allow him to play in the sport...what a lot of cry babies :coffee:

Tame your barbaric crowd first....charity begins at home :enjoy:
indian hockey is not going to die if we dont play with pakistan or host them in india its the other way around if you want to play with us in future if you dont oplogise there will be no play ... take it or leave it we are not botherred :coffee:

indian hockey is not going to die if we dont play with pakistan or host them in india its the other way around if you want to play with us in future if you dont oplogise there will be no play ... take it or leave it we are not botherred :coffee:
if the host is a piece of shit then I agree with out formal coach! :tup:

2ndly Pakistan hokey wont die...But india's cry baby habits will be viral!

3rdly, indian hockey will be a farce coz they wont be competing at world level as they wont be playing against 1 of the top teams.....

Yup go be happy that you can claim a title which you dont deserve....Fake happiness is all you lot live off :coffee:

The best reply would bring our team up to standards. When thats done everyone would want to play with us

pakistani players must apologise

bollywood film which can be seen everywhere in india
Top-10-Bollywood-Hot-Scenes-Of-2014-1.jpg

3f88af1edf40d8ce6b61af28885caaf3.jpg

33-hot-bollywood-liplocks.jpg

Bollywood-Actresses-Hot-Scene.jpg

26Ragini-MMS3.jpg

india bhai please have some shame . south asia main jitna naanga pan india main hai or kisi mulk main nhi
Kindly dont troll on my threads! Reported for derailing @waz @Slav Defence

give respect,take respect.:p:
if you want to cheer,cheer like this=:haha::yahoo::pakistan::bounce::victory::chilli::lol::taz::dance3::yay::bunny::smitten:.

not like this=:nana:.

No need for apologies, that incident was taken care of then and there, India with its cry baby attitude can keep ignoring and boycotting everything and keep whining, but Pakistanis should always remember there is a difference between being nice and being subordinate.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom