What's new

No move to declare Pakistan a terrorist state: US

Obviously, I'm ignorant. What else could explain my utter failure to agree with T-Rex (and you)??

Well, Yes, I dispute your statement as applied to the CIA. I can't speak for Mossad or RAW, but the CIA is an honorable intelligence agency that does not engage in terrorism. It's entire mission is to help make the world safe for freedom and democracy and to protect the USA. Some of my best friends and neighbors were CIA employees. In fact my Boy Scoutmaster worked for the CIA. God (Allah) bless the CIA! :usflag:

Tongue in cheek, or do you really consider the actions of the US in Latin America, Iran, Afghanistan etc, as being different from Pakistani support of groups in Afghanistan and Kashmir?

I have no problem if we use the same yardstick for both Pakistan and the US, but the West tends to brand our usage of tactics perfected by the West as terrorism, while the West's usage of those tactics was fine and dandy and necessary in the 'advancement of democracy'.

EDIT

Never mind...

Pakistan will not and cannot be declared a terrorist country, because the moment West does that, it will pretty much allow Pakistan to become self sufficient again, and US will lose its influence over Pakistan. It'll become a do or die situation for Pakistan.

Last edited:
Tongue in cheek, or do you really consider the actions of the US in Latin America, Iran, Afghanistan etc, as being different from Pakistani support of groups in Afghanistan and Kashmir?

I have no problem if we use the same yardstick for both Pakistan and the US, but the West tends to brand our usage of tactics perfected by the West as terrorism, while the West's usage of those tactics was fine and dandy and necessary in the 'advancement of democracy'.

Well, my reply was meant to be in keeping with the absurdity of T-Rex's post. So it was "sarcastic". But, in truth, the CIA does try to protect the USA, just as the ISI tries to protect Pakistan. The actions of both follow a logic of "our nation comes first". I might criticize the ISI for doing actions that it thinks are necessary to protect Pakistan, just as you might criticize the CIA for actions that it takes for America. I realize that the CIA is the most Machiavellian of our foreign policy elements, and that its actions are in the selfish interest of the USA. The CIA's mission is not "world peace".

US Denies Move To Brand Pakistan a Terrorist State

Washington: Denying there was any move to brand Pakistan a terrorist state, the US has said that Islamabad took action against a front operation of terror group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) in its own interest.

“No. Look, Pakistan did this because it saw it in its interest,” said State Department spokesman Sean McCormack Friday when asked if the US had sent such a message as suggested by Pakistan Defence Minister Ahmed Mukhtar. McCormack also said that though the Jamaat-ud-Dawa was allegedly involved in the Mumbai carnage, nothing discussed so far gave the suggestion that Pakistan needed to be considered a terrorist-assisting country.

US Denies Move To Brand Pakistan a Terrorist State

Pakistan acted against Jamaat-ud-Dawa, a front of LeT blamed by India for the Mumbai terror attacks, in accordance with a UN resolution to prevent being declared a terrorist state, Mukhtar told reporters in Islamabad.

The UN branded the Jamaat a terror outfit Wednesday in the wake of the November 26 attacks on India’s financial capital.

“As we have said many, many times over, the threat from violent extremists and terrorists in Pakistan is as much a threat to the Pakistani people and the Pakistani Government as it is to anybody else,” McCormack said.

“All that said, it’s a welcome step that they took. This is a day-by-day process and is something that requires vigilance every single day in fighting terrorism,” he added.

Asked if there was any talk at all that Pakistan may be branded as a terrorist state, McCormack said: “No.”

“No,” he repeated as a reporter persisted: “No talk at all?”

Asked if Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice would be discussing the UN ban on the Jamaat when she visits New York next week, McCormack said: “I’m sure that she will touch on the issues related to India and Pakistan.”

Rice plans to see British Foreign Secretary David Miliband in New York, he said adding: “And, you know, if they do get together, I’m sure that that topic will come up.”

In the present situation US cannot declare Pakistan as a terriorist state because US is using pakistan in killing muslim people. Once its work is over then US will certainly declare Pakistan as a terriorist nation. Pakistanies are not understanding the game of US.

Every one knows that US has used Osama bin Laden against Russia and now Osama is the biggest enemy of US.

What had happened to Osama will certainly happen with Pakistan.One day US will fight war against pakistan .
:hitwall:

In the present situation US cannot declare Pakistan as a terriorist state because US is using pakistan in killing muslim people. Once its work is over then US will certainly declare Pakistan as a terriorist nation. Pakistanies are not understanding the game of US.

Every one knows that US has used Osama bin Laden against Russia and now Osama is the biggest enemy of US.

What had happened to Osama will certainly happen with Pakistan.One day US will fight war against pakistan .
:hitwall:

You speak the truth.

And the same thing that will happen to Pakistan, will one day happen to India. Everyone knows that US is using India, and once there's no use for India, the US will declare India a terrorist nation.

:cry:

In case you are thinking I am being mean or sarcastic, I AM NOT.

You speak the truth.

And the same thing that will happen to Pakistan, will one day happen to India. Everyone knows that US is using India, and once there's no use for India, the US will declare India a terrorist nation.

:cry:

In case you are thinking I am being mean or sarcastic, I AM NOT.

Dont worry we have learnt the lessons from Pakistan. We take utter caution while dealing with US with always an alternative in the backyard ranging from Russia to EU to middle east.

Back
Top Bottom