What's new

No more issues with airing Indian TV channels in Pak: Kaira

In pakistan the indian channels are aired by two means
1.Cable network providers who do it for their own profit since it's a fact that bollywood movies are popular in pakistan and people would prefer the provider who can show more bollywood stuff.They also gain extra income by playing pakistani ads during ad time.As long as these cable providers get immence profit from relaying indian channels they'll try to influence govt to allow these channels.It's not our fault
2.By dth recievers.For eg,My friend in peshawar use dth service of indian "dish tv"dth network.I've heard people of pakistan also use other indian dth recievers like tata sky,airtel tv etc.The fact that they buy the recievers illegally and are ready to pay for recharge vouchers itself shows that they want to watch indian channels,
bollywood movies indian music etc.It's not indias fault.
And about pakistani channels in india,there is no demand anywhere in india for lollywood or pakistani dramas.The two motivating factors as in indian channels viewed in pakistan(cable service providers' profit and peoples demand)are absent here.Most importantly,we dont want to widen our communal divide by people watching zaid hamid and likes.For eg,if a normal hindu watches zaid hamid and similar people encouraging ghazwa e hind by quoting hadith his view of islam as a peaceful religion will definitely change.(pakistani friends, just imagine if one ahmedia channel from london broadcast in pakistan that it's duty of ahmedias to conquer pakistan(hmm ghazwa e pak)quoting from their religious book,how will a normal pakistani muslim see his neighbour belonging to ahmedia sect after watching that program?Think honestly)So we indians are better off without such channels.

Son, please. They show indian channels so we can be cordial with each other, they can just show pirated films and not the channels. People would still be fine. Not many of the younger generation watch indian stuff anyway.

Secondly they buy receivers, not for Indian channels but all worldwide channels. Especially american ones, which are in high demand.

Thirdly Zaid Hamid is off the air and has been for some time, but you seem like a brainwashed fool by bringing your rhetoric to create communal problems in Pakistan. Even if an indian sunni muslim comes across an ahmadi on TV, he will be act in bad manner.

Best if you go away now.

@Tfaz
*my first point was about cable operators profiting by relaying indian channels.But you are right that they could have relayed just pirated films,not channels and still profited.I'm sorry i didn't think that.I must admit that it shows your tolerance to even enemies pov
*About dth recievers,i have a friend using indian dth reciever.There was a notice issued by our govt 2 months back telling not to help people calling from pakistan(which was often mistaken as tata indicom number since it also starts with 92)with recharge vouchers of dth services,since it's illegal there.Still your point is right, it shows the tolerance of pakistani people.
*About z.hamid stuff;We both have our share of bigots but majority of people dont care much about them.My father spent 30 years of his life in libya and he named me shafeeq,out of the respect he had for islamic culture.But it hurts very much when ppl like zaid hamid quotes from hadiths and quran to justify the invasion and conquering of a country,that is not the islam we knew.There's no problem in hating india for kashmir issue or stealing water etc or historic issues but quoting the hatred from holy books really creates problem.That made me think channels with such programs should not be aired in india
ps:i'm sorry for the post i made without much thinking.I'm just 15 and i know i need to learn a lot more.I apologise for some of my idiotic points

I must say that also Pakistan must not allow indian channels as well also in Pakistan we have lot of good pakistani channels....but you see our gov is more democratic then yours...they still alllow indian channels despite the meanless propganda done by indians agianst Pakistan.

I'm still against indian channels and movies...why we have to contribute to their industry? we can put all those money into lollywood and for sure we can made few good films....i'm not asking Hollywood standards which even indians don't have!

India is big market with more than 1bilion people. How can we allow your channels even if it is allowed in pakistan.

I Think TV channels from both Countries must be aired. If u dont like what u see switch channels

I don't think this is a good decision....

We will be watching Indian Channels for our pirated songs (indian version) and Hollywood Pirated movies (indian version)... what an irony!!!!!:hitwall::hitwall:

NOTHING WRONG IN AIRING PAK TV CHANNELS IN INDIA WITH CENSOR FILTERS,all though i have seen pakistani drama way back in 90's and simply love it coz they were liked by everyone here in delhi and at that time indian drama were not there at all.this shows quality product sells without any bias.coz a viewer never thought first about (made in thing) and than laugh about it.he will simply laugh coz of the quality content.i still remember the dialouges of bakra qishton pe(awesome funny ) and in india at that time we don't have great comedian like umar sharif(in dramas) he was simply best thats why he was invited in finals of laughter challenge as highly regarded guest.so man if indian channels do creat demand for whatever garbage they r presenting it must like by audience(females) and frankly here even only ladies r interested only in those dramas.

What was the effect of last time Ban of Indian Channels?I think I read about Indian channels were banned for a long time in Pakistan Circa 1997-2006 or so.Still ,I am 100% sure ,Many Pakistanis were(and are) watching Indian Channels.

It is nothing to shy away BTW!But ,I am not able to believe that a Pakistani Government Ban of Indian Channels can be enforced.Look at the way Illegal Indian DTH spreads?

Also ,Considering Pakistan as a Islamic Society Much Much More Orthodox than India is ,Indian Channels and Bollywood Offers Some "Free" Feeling much above What was available locally.

Indian Channels will not convert the population drown to hell committing shirk compared to what was available elsewhere in the world ;)

I doubt how Indian Channels will benefit by Pakistani Viewers Though?(Star Plus is not Indian Owned,last I heard)
--

The government of India is not allowing Pakistani channels to telecast. Nothing to do with demand and supply. That is where the problem is.

Back
Top Bottom