What's new

No money to Pak till they get rid of nukes: Trump

The real question is why Pakistan is accepting the U.S. money.

Get weapons from the U.S. for free, and divert all the money towards education, and betterment of the country.

“I never completed high school and I am very rich and very successful.”

Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one, and that's how our leaders are, including the brass of Forces. "Pehlay Jaan, pir Jahaan."

The real question is why Pakistan is accepting the U.S. money.

Get weapons from the U.S. for free, and divert all the money towards education, and betterment of the country.

We get weapons that are several generations behind India's from the US and the money goes to the pockets of politicians.

he should be next president to USA ....... with this aid for pakistan will be stopped and we will be able to stand on our own ...... please i beg you to stop aid for pakistan ........ for GOD sake ....we pakistani nation beg you to stop our aid ...........and i will vote this joker for the upcoming election in USA ......

Although it has been noted by almost all of the members here that such comments of Donald Trump do sound idiotic, but the question which should be adhere to have to be whether such notion will gain more voice in the USA and around the globe? As the recent events suggest and the context in which most western media are taking forth their policies in aftermath of those events, it should be expected that same tone of voice and words would gain more popularity.

Donald Trump cannot even 'hold' onto a single wife or even have a normal hairstyle and yet he is telling Pakistan to give up its nukes?

Another international illiterate American who practically has no idea on how the world works beyond his Trump Tower in NY!

America deserves this IDIOT! Vote for him dudes, YEAAAAAA!

About $1 billion is needed to build one pharmaceutical plant here. So it's funny that people think $3.2 billion is what runs Pakistan, when it's barely enough to start up 2-3 small/medium sized pharmaceutical plants here. Just to give people a little bit of perspective of what $3.2 billion can really do.

Perspective is absolutely vital when trying to analyze and understand the issue at hand.

Lets apply it with some numbers here-

Pakistan 2009 budget - $30.05 Billion
Percentage of aid in the budget greater than 10%.

Pakistan Revenues $23.21 Billion (2009 est.)
Percentage of aid to revenues about 14%.

Pakistan budget deficit was 6.84b.
Aid contributed to about 47% of it. Rest was funded by IMF on not so favorable terms. Alreday Pakistan has loans of 40% of its GDP and 250% of its tax collections.

If not for aid Pakistan would probably go bankrupt as nobody has agreed to help it out despite its leaders making public cries for help to friends.

Perspective indeed.

P.S.- Before some one comes squirming about 2009 figures used, take the trouble googling for 2010 budget, it has actually shrunk in dollar terms, so the aid gets even more important.

he should be next president to USA ....... with this aid for pakistan will be stopped and we will be able to stand on our own ...... please i beg you to stop aid for pakistan ........ for GOD sake ....we pakistani nation beg you to stop our aid ...........and i will vote this joker for the upcoming election in USA ......

why you are begging him to stop the aid, Tell your leaders to reject their aid...

obama do manage to get his vote bank rise on OBL ellimination , but on the policies on pakistan obama may face hurdles , i think all those pictues of osama killing prayers and burning of US flags in pakistan will not go well with the voters in US...

Donald Trump trying to catch the pulse of US citizens voters ..

3ec16b7d84fired1.jpg1.jpg

Perspective is absolutely vital when trying to analyze and understand the issue at hand.

Aid contributed to about 47% of it. Rest was funded by IMF on not so favorable terms. Alreday Pakistan has loans of 40% of its GDP and 250% of its tax collections.

If not for aid Pakistan would probably go bankrupt as nobody has agreed to help it out despite its leaders making public cries for help to friends.

Perspective indeed.

P.S.- Before some one comes squirming about 2009 figures used, take the trouble googling for 2010 budget, it has actually shrunk in dollar terms, so the aid gets even more important.

how much the aid compare in persentage to the pakistan's militery budget ?

About $1 billion is needed to build one pharmaceutical plant here. So it's funny that people think $3.2 billion is what runs Pakistan, when it's barely enough to start up 2-3 small/medium sized pharmaceutical plants here. Just to give people a little bit of perspective of what $3.2 billion can really do.

$1 billion to set up a "small/medium sized pharmaceutical plant in Pakistan? Seriously? Pakistan must be a real rich place then. Why is it that it does not reflect in tax earnings by your government?

Some statistics that poke holes in your claims:

Pakistan Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report

Q2 2011

Pakistan's pharmaceutical expenditure was estimated to be PKR152.97bn (US$1.79bn) in 2010. The country's pharmaceutical market is moderately large by Asian standards, ahead of more dynamic markets such as Vietnam (US$1.67bn). However, annual per-capita spending on medicines stands at just US$10, which is far below the regional average. Furthermore, market access is challenging and operational risks are high.

Combined sales of prescription drugs and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines
in Pakistan are forecast to return to growth and increase to PKR167.82bn (US$1.89bn) in 2011, mostly due to the knock-on effects of the humanitarian assistance programme and pricing pressures. Inflation is expected to pick up compared with the previous year (13.5% in contrast to 11.7%, respectively). This equates to growth of 10% in local currency terms and 5% in US dollar terms.
Report: Pakistan Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report (BMI05062)

Do you have any idea of annual turnover of any Pakistani Pharma company? Read before you cook up your nonsense.

Perspective indeed.

First thing, Pakistan's budget is $33 billion.

Perspective is that Pakistan is given $3.2 billion per year (this includes military & non-military aid), when Afghanistan gets $2 billion per week ($105 billion per year) as a part of its military aid, for fighting the same war. The US also gives Afghanistan $3 billion per year as a part of its non-military aid. Pakistan has incurred heavy financial losses because of fighting US's WOT.

Another very interesting statistic. These are the following countries that receive the highest amount of Official Development Assistance (ODA) aid in the world:

aid-2007-2008-world.gif

India receives the 5th highest amount of ODA aid in the world.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...rrow-100-billion-240-billion-2010-budget.html

So yes, a little perspective is needed. :wave:

$1 billion to set up a "small/medium sized pharmaceutical plant in Pakistan? Seriously? Pakistan must be a real rich place then. Why is it that it does not reflect in tax earnings by your government?

Some statistics that poke holes in your claims:

Do you have any idea of annual turnover of any Pakistani Pharma company? Read before you cook up your nonsense.

I'm talking about the US, I live in the US buddy. I don't know what the cost of starting a plant there is, I don't live there or work there. Read my Location: Hoboken, NJ. You should try to look up the statistics here for the US to see what the cost incurred is. You're one to talk about nonsense :wave:

Rich Pakistanis living in US, Canada and all over Europe don't want US aid. Hmmm....why am I not surprised.

Back
Top Bottom