What's new

No major ‘Make in India’ defence project has taken off in 6 yrs

CIA Mole

Reaction score
Country
United States
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...s-taken-off-in-6-yrs/articleshow/72323928.cms

upload_2019-12-2_15-52-54.png

upload_2019-12-2_15-53-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-2_15-52-46.png
    upload_2019-12-2_15-52-46.png
    407 KB · Views: 1,975
  • upload_2019-12-2_15-52-49.png
    upload_2019-12-2_15-52-49.png
    407 KB · Views: 38
There are some. L&T-Korean K9 Vajra plant, Punj LLyod-IWI production plant, Kalyani-Rafael Production Plant, Mahindra-BAE M777 plant, Adani-Israeli UAV plant, etc. Not including several module production as well. But yes red tape and lethargic decision making is getting in the way.

There are some. L&T-Korean K9 Vajra plant, Punj LLyod-IWI production plant, Kalyani-Rafael Production Plant, Mahindra-BAE M777 plant, Adani-Israeli UAV plant, etc. Not including several module production as well. But yes red tape and lethargic decision making is getting in the way.
I basically had to google all these projects.

And here is what I got.

L&T will assemble k9.

Mahindra & BAE will set up an assembly line for M-777, AIT facilities... assembling, integration and testing facility for indian ordered guns.

Adani is israels partner and will produce fuselage of hermes 900 and the rest of sensors, avionics etc will be done in israel.

Punj Lyod will produce imi X-95s.

Kalyani-Rafael is a 49-51% partnerships and eill produce parts for missiles or missile kits to india which will be integrated by indian state complexes and for service and maintenance.

Im sorry but this is not alot considering all the hoo haa/noise you guys made under the “made in india” campaign.

I basically had to google all these projects.

And here is what I got.

L&T will assemble k9.

Mahindra & BAE will set up an assembly line for M-777, AIT facilities... assembling, integration and testing facility for indian ordered guns.

Adani is israels partner and will produce fuselage of hermes 900 and the rest of sensors, avionics etc will be done in israel.

Punj Lyod will produce imi X-95s.

Kalyani-Rafael is a 49-51% partnerships and eill produce parts for missiles or missile kits to india which will be integrated by indian state complexes and for service and maintenance.

Im sorry but this is not alot considering all the hoo haa/noise you guys made under the “made in india” campaign.

These are all considered Make In India. There are several categories in Make In India. Even the module construction programs like the Apache fuselage are also make in India. Not even small subsystems.

And these are a lot, considering there was virtually no competition in the market from when I joined this forum. Not even to produce major aerospace modules outside HAL.

you change your name and avatar
NOW, THIS is some form of weirdNESS that a person was allowed to change name, avatar to imitate me .

I HAVE REPORTED THIS GUY IN THE HQ FOR TRYING TO IMITATE MY ACCOUNT.

These are all considered Make In India. There are several categories in Make In India. Even the module construction programs like the Apache fuselage are also make in India.

And these are a lot, considering there virtually no competition in the market from when I joined this forum.
After spending billions, all uou are doing is basically assembling kits. Way to go buddy.

It would have been impressive if you could actually absorbed technology after spending billions, rather than assembling kits.

Only thing thats worth it here is india making apache or hermes fuselage but again thats not really hi tech shit that helps india. Specially when it itself has its helicopter projects.

Last edited:
Wtf is "make in India" why are they using a present form for something that would be creaded in said place thus getting rid of any present terminology.

After spending billions, all uou are doing is basically assembling kits. Way to go buddy.

It would have been impressive if you could actually observe technology after spending billions, not assembling.

Only thing thats worth it here is india making apache or hermes fuselage but again thats not really hi tech shit that helps india. Specially when it itself has its helicopter projects.

It is useful, because there's a whole ecosystem being raised from the ground. Was there even a armored manufacturing plant, small arms plant, UAV assembly plant, artillery plant, missile assembly plant, etc. under the private sector before the recent K9, M777, IWI small arms plant, MALE UAV plant, etc? No, these plants were all raised within 5 years and we still have transport assembly plants, a jet fighter plant, more armor plant, etc. coming up. It's finally opening the sector.

And they have come from module production to whole system integration and testing in a short period of time. These assembly lines, new man power, etc. will eventually support the production of future programs whether it be DRDO programs or their own IPs.

Modules from AMCA, etc. will also come from these players. It's absolutely a big deal, maybe not for a developed defence industries like USAs, but for India it is.

generally new members have no idea about this feature and ask mods about change in username and avatar,or may be this option is available to members after they become senior and spend some time on pdf
Oh, was that feature available before because I used to see threads when people requested for name change requests to mods

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom