What's new

No lal batti: Chennai halts traffic to save life

Whoa! Kudos to the Chennai Traffic Police for their cooperation and efficiency. Hopefully, such coordinations will one day be the norm rather than just a mere heartwarming exception.

Actually its the third time its happening in Chennai. There was a film based on it released last year. Some 2 year back, Chennai traffic at its peak in the noon was blocked to save a life, aided by Traffic police.

All these measures will not work as we Indians dont have good traffic sense.

I remember my brother had come back after around 1 year in US and he was super critical of Indian drivers. I laughed and said to him bro you were also an Indian driver driving on these roads in this fashion only 1 year ago. :lol:

He was not touching the horn. I said to him "You may not like to honk the horn but this is Inida not the US. If you dont honk the horn you will get hit and people will not move from your path."
It works the other way around for me, I honk horns outside India too.I know sooner or later i might face a fine for my temper on roads. :)

All these measures will not work as we Indians dont have good traffic sense.

I remember my brother had come back after around 1 year in US and he was super critical of Indian drivers. I laughed and said to him bro you were also an Indian driver driving on these roads in this fashion only 1 year ago. :lol:

He was not touching the horn. I said to him "You may not like to honk the horn but this is Inida not the US. If you dont honk the horn you will get hit and people will not move from your path."
And he had every reason to!! Here in US, people simply pull over to the side of the road to let emergency vehicles pass through. Even at the intersections or traffic lights, they simply stop and let there vehicles pass through. Its called common sense and simple courtesy. I dont understand why we Indians do not follow or show such courtesies in India. A few seconds/couple fof minutes doesn't make much of a difference, does it?

And he had every reason to!! Here in US, people simply pull over to the side of the road to let emergency vehicles pass through. Even at the intersections or traffic lights, they simply stop and let there vehicles pass through. Its called common sense and simple courtesy. I dont understand why we Indians do not follow or show such courtesies in India. A few seconds/couple fof minutes doesn't make much of a difference, does it?

I think you are being unnecessarily harsh here, every one, even auto guys move aside when they see an ambulance with the siren on(if they can..sometimes it isnt possible)

Our people need to learn this practice of giving way to emergency vehicles such as Ambulances,Fire trucks etc.

मुंबईच्या एका 21 वर्षीय
तरूणीला चेन्नई शहरानं जीवनदान
दिलंय... वांद्र्यात राहणा-या होवीवर
चेन्नईमध्ये यशस्वी हृदयरोपण
शस्त्रक्रिया करण्यात आली...
महाराष्ट्रातील एखाद्या रूग्णावर
हृदयरोपण होण्याची ही पहिलीच
घटना आहे. पण त्याहीपेक्षा महत्त्वाचं
म्हणजे
होवीच्या शस्त्रक्रियेसाठी अख्खं
चेन्नई शहर चक्क 13
मिनिटांसाठी थांबलं होतं...
एका हृदयाची धडधड सुरळीत सुरू
व्हावी, यासाठी एखादं शहर बंद
पडल्याचं तुम्ही कधी ऐकलंय... पण
चेन्नईकरांनी हे स्पिरीट दाखवलं...
एका मुंबईकर तरूणीचा जीव
वाचवण्यासाठी ऐन
गर्दीच्या वेळी संध्याकाळी 13
मिनिटे आणि 22 सेकंदांसाठी संपूर्ण
चेन्नई शहर स्टॅच्यूसारखं
जागच्या जागी उभं होतं...
त्याचं झालं असं की,
मुंबईला वांद्र्याला राहणारी 21
वर्षांची होवी मायनोकरहोमजी ही तरू
णी कार्डिओमायोपथी या गंभीर
आजारानं ग्रासलेली होती. तिचं केवळ
10 टक्के हृदयचं काम करत होतं. ते इतकं
कमजोर झालं होतं की, फुफ्फुसं, यकृत
आणि शरीराच्या इतर
भागांना रक्तपुरवठा करण्याचं काम
जवळपास थांबलंच होतं. शरीराचे अवयव
सुजले होते. तिला श्वास घ्यायला जड
जात होतं, ती धड चालूही शकत
नव्हती... अशा परिस्थितीत हृदयरोपण
शस्त्रक्रिया म्हणजे खराब झालेलं हृदय
काढून त्याजागी नवीन हृदय बसवणं,
हाच एकमेव उपाय
डॉक्टरांनी सुचवला होता...
अशाप्रकारच्या हार्ट ट्रान्सप्लान्ट
सर्जरी अमेरिकेसारख्या प्रगत देशांमध्ये
होतात. तिथंही नवीन हृदय
मिळवण्यासाठी 2 वर्षे थांबावं
लागणार होतं. मात्र
चेन्नईच्या फोर्टिस मालार
हॉस्पिटलमध्ये अशाप्रकारचं हार्ट
ट्रान्सप्लान्ट होत असल्यानं
होवीला चेन्नईला हलवण्यात आलं.
होवीच्या सुदैवानं नवीन
हृदयही तत्काळ उपलब्ध झालं. रस्ते
अपघातामध्ये एक 27 वर्षीय
तरूणी ब्रेनडेड झाली. तिचं हृदय
होवीला बसवण्याचा निर्णय
डॉक्टरांनी घेतला. मात्र ही हार्ट
ट्रान्सप्लान्ट सर्जरी चार तासांमध्ये
पूर्ण होणं गरजेचं होतं.
अडचण ही होती की, गर्व्हमेंट
हॉस्पिटल आणि फोर्टिस मालार
हॉस्पिटल यामधलं अंतर होतं 12
किलोमीटर... वेळेमध्ये हृदय पोहोचलं
नाही तर सर्जरीचा काहीच उपयोग
होणार नव्हता. काय करावं,
असा प्रश्न
डॉक्टरांना पडला असतानाच
चेन्नईच्या वाहतूक पोलिसांनी मार्ग
काढला.
संध्याकाळच्या गर्दीच्या वेळी पोलिसं
नी ग्रीन कॉरिडोर तयार केला. एक
हृदय ट्रान्सपोर्ट होत असून,
त्यासाठी सर्व रस्ते रिकामे करण्यात
यावेत, असा आदेश कंट्रोलरूममधून
रवाना झाला. त्यानुसार 12
नाक्यांवर 25 वाहतूक पोलिसांनी रस्ते
रिकामे केले. चेन्नईकर
नागरिकांनीही मोलाचं सहकार्य केलं.
पुढे पायलट कार आणि अँब्युलन्समध्ये
हृदय असा प्रवास 6 वाजून 44
मिनिटांनी सुरू झाला. बरोबर 13
मिनिटं आणि 22 सेकंदांनी ते हृदय 6
वाजून 57 मिनिटांना फोर्टिस मालार
हॉस्पिटलमध्ये पोहोचलं... चेन्नई शहरानं
आपलं कर्तव्य पार पाडलं...

Respect to the traffic police and the hospital authorities.

Our emergency response structure is terribly outdated. Ambulance, fire truck and police must have priority over even a ministerial cavalcade.

Police should make every effort to throw open all traffic everywhere the moment they see an ambulance or fire truck or any emergency service vehicle on duty.

EVEN if some bloody minister has to stop his own group of cars.

Back
Top Bottom