What's new

No free lunches for USA anymore!

So you are trying to say that if in future China try to use Myanmar to get access to globe via bay of Bengal then in that case Bangladesh strategic location is important for USA where she can make military bases to prevent or deter China???

If that is the case then why Bangladesh?? Why not India only who is already a QUAD member shares maritime boundary with bay of Bengal and land border with Myanmar, who is already an official enemy of China and can provide much larger strategic depth to USA military bases from Chinese attacks compared to very small Bangladesh??? Not to mention andaman and Nicobar Islands chain that too can be used for a potential blockade from maritime traffic coming out of BoB???
@vishwambhar , dear strategic ally , I have discussed it many times , search and find it , if you are interested, if not leave it.

But one suggestion, first learn to read and analyse maps!

For now read the post (#15) of @mb444 . He explained it shortly and nicely!

Last edited:
I believe,now even pinaky hater BAL supporters or British elites both groups will appreciate him after watching this analysis !

( If they have the patience to watch till the end , and prefer the interest of Bangladesh over Indian interest ,and have brain to understand what he is trying to say)

@vishwambhar , dear strategic ally , I have discussed it many times , search and find it , if you are interested, if not leave it.

But one suggestion, first learn to read and analyse maps!

For now read the post (#15) of @mb444 . He explained it shortly and nicely!

His post only shows how important BD is for China to either trouble India in the east or how useful BD is for India to save her seven sisters from China if BD join QUAD......

Your post suggest how BD strategic location is important for USA to checkmate China in BoB.... In this case more than me you need to learn about maps...... Go and take a look at South Asia map and tell me what is so special BD location will offer to USA in case if China in future use Myanmar to directly acess BoB and why Indian location cannot offer them the same or even better with large geographic depth compared to geographically smaller BD where American bases will be facing Chinese supersonic missile attacks in case of war......

India can offer even Andaman and Nicobar islands which are natural unsinkable ACs to block the maritime traffic coming out of BoB..... Not to mention USA own IOR fleet that itself is capable of doing a job even without the help of both India and BD....

So please come out of this delusion of strategic importance of BD......

One more thing is if BD help India in case of protecting seven sisters then it will be a great help but don't again live under a false impression that it's a cake walk for China to come and cut the seven sisters.....

If it was a reality by now they would have done it..... Except cheap cowardly border incursions in each other's patrolling areas in no man's land both China and India do not have an actual courage to wage full fledged war on each other.....

Last edited:

His post only shows how important BD is for China to either trouble India in the east or how useful BD is for India to save her seven sisters from China if BD join QUAD......

Your post suggest how BD strategic location is important for USA to checkmate China in BoB.... In this case more than me you need to learn about maps...... Go and take a look at South Asia map and tell me what is so special BD location will offer to USA in case if China in future use Myanmar to directly acess BoB and why Indian location cannot offer them the same or even better with large geographic depth compared to geographically smaller BD where American bases will be facing Chinese supersonic missile attacks in case of war......

India can offer even Andaman and Nicobar islands which are natural unsinkable ACs to block the maritime traffic coming out of BoB..... Not to mention USA own IOR fleet that itself is capable of doing a job even without the help of both India and BD....

So please come out of this delusion of strategic importance of BD......

One more thing is if BD help India in case of protecting seven sisters then it will be a great help but don't again live under a false impression that it's a cake walk for China to come and cut the seven sisters.....

If it was a reality by now they would have done it..... Except cheap cowardly border incursions in each other's patrolling areas in no man's land both China and India do not have an actual courage to wage full fledged war on each other.....
Okay boy whatever floats your boat!

So you are trying to say that if in future China try to use Myanmar to get access to globe via bay of Bengal then in that case Bangladesh strategic location is important for USA where she can make military bases to prevent or deter China???

If that is the case then why Bangladesh?? Why not India only who is already a QUAD member shares maritime boundary with bay of Bengal and land border with Myanmar, who is already an official enemy of China and can provide much larger strategic depth to USA military bases from Chinese attacks compared to very small Bangladesh??? Not to mention andaman and Nicobar Islands chain that too can be used for a potential blockade from maritime traffic coming out of BoB???

You are under a very false impression that USA will need BD location that badly to checkmate China in BoB if they want to use Myanmar....

For that they have another powerful fleet in Indian Ocean at Diego Garcia and India too can offer what BD can offer..... In fact with much higher strategic depth due it's sheer size.....

Myanmar is the grand prize in the region. They are allied to China. They can give China access to the Bay of Bengal and Indian Ocean. But as long as Myanmar does not give China a military base USA is fine with the status quo. Everyone is assuming Myanmar junta will be fiercely independent. If Myanmar becomes a Chinese colony all bets are off. In that case Bangladesh becomes very important to India for its defense.

India has always a card to play - a formal alliance with USA. I am assuming India wants to presume non-aligned status.

@dbc , I will answer shortly and that is Malacca strait ; the only exit route of China!

If any blockade is imposed their China will be literally taken down on her knees!

Now you check the map of this area and also location of andaman and nicobor Island.

Things will get more deadly towards China.

If usa can get Bangladesh by her side , they can make a base to land it's forces here.

So why Bangladesh? Because you can't convince Myanmar against China, as it's technically an extention of China.

And also if you impose a naval blockade on malacca straight , you can use the land of andaman.

If you can arrange ground force in Bangladesh ( alongside naval base ) , China is doomed.

That's why China will not let it happen , and usa will try it's best to do it.

Now search Google for the importance of malacca strait for Chinese trading.

You surely know that war can't be won by military invasion, but it's depend on economy.

If you impose blockade on malacca strait and can use Bangladeshi land and water, chinese economy will be cripples if there will be a full scale war.

A hostile naval blockade on malacca strait will take down China on her knees within one month.

Perhaps you haven't noticed it , but American authority and chines eauthority both know it.

Why su kiye govt was thrown out and again junta take power in Myanmar?

Because China won't seat hand on hand , when you ( western hegemony)are trying to screw them?

I honestly want us to remain neutral, unless we are given a choice like this , "Either you are with us , or against us" !

Are you paying attention to Russia-Ukraine war ?

Yes dear Nathuram! It's actually against the dominance of dollar , not to annex Kyiv!

But your indian brain can't think beyond annexation of countries!

I have no clue what you are saying

While Pakistan and other African countries are hurt by corruption and siphoning how does USA benefit ? USA has the ultimate printing press. Why do we care about a few billion ?

How much $$$ do you think Pakistani politicians are in their Swiss bank accounts ? How much $$$ do you think corrupt Pakistani politicians have in USA ?
Jewssss
is my answer.
as relevant as your questions used as a response to my post.

Myanmar is the grand prize in the region. They are allied to China. They can give China access to the Bay of Bengal and Indian Ocean. But as long as Myanmar does not give China a military base USA is fine with the status quo. Everyone is assuming Myanmar junta will be fiercely independent. If Myanmar becomes a Chinese colony all bets are off. In that case Bangladesh becomes very important to India for its defense.

India has always a card to play - a formal alliance with USA. I am assuming India wants to presume non-aligned status.

Are you paying attention to Russia-Ukraine war ?
First you guys be clear on what you exactly want to say by important strategic location of BD.

Is it to help India to protect seven sisters or it is if Myanmar is used by China for access to BoB then BD to be used for bases by USA by joining QUAD???

If it's for helping India then to some extent agree that they will be helpful in letting India move logistics for quicker access to NE instead of using narrow siliguri corridor.... but that's it.... if tomorrow some non India friendly government comes India still will protect NE anyway.... with or without Bangladesh....

However give me one reason USA want BD in QUAD by assuming future Myanmar access by China to get into Bob???

Even if China gets there give me one reason why BD will be approached by USA requesting to offer bases to handle China threats???

Can't she approach directly India who also shares maritime boundaries with Myanmar in BoB or land border with Myanmar and also provides natural choking point at the opening of BoB I the form of Andaman islands???

Can't India due to her sheer size provide much larger geographical depth compared to geographically very small Bangladesh where their bases are very vulnerable to supersonic China missile attacks????

Won't USA in this scenario trust India more who is an official enemy of China where BD she is unclear on who's side it is actually.....

Give me one reason for me to believe me the strategic importance of BD for USA....

First you guys be clear on what you exactly want to say by important strategic location of BD.

Is it to help India to protect seven sisters or it is if Myanmar is used by China for access to BoB then BD to be used for bases by USA by joining QUAD???

If it's for helping India then to some extent agree that they will be helpful in letting India move logistics for quicker access to NE instead of using narrow siliguri corridor.... but that's it.... if tomorrow some non India friendly government comes India still will protect NE anyway.... with or without Bangladesh....

However give me one reason USA want BD in QUAD by assuming future Myanmar access by China to get into Bob???

Even if China gets there give me one reason why BD will be approached by USA requesting to offer bases to handle China threats???

Can't she approach directly India who also shares maritime boundaries with Myanmar in BoB or land border with Myanmar and also provides natural choking point at the opening of BoB I the form of Andaman islands???

Can't India due to her sheer size provide much larger geographical depth compared to geographically very small Bangladesh where their bases are very vulnerable to supersonic China missile attacks????

Won't USA in this scenario trust India more who is an official enemy of China where BD she is unclear on who's side it is actually.....

Give me one reason for me to believe me the strategic importance of BD for USA....
I made it clear it is not USA. It is India that cares about Bangladesh

I made it clear it is not USA. It is India that cares about Bangladesh
That's fine then... my first reply to @Nergal was because he was trying to make it look like how important BD strategically for USA if in future if China uses Myanmar for BoB access.... they surely would love to see more USA friendly BD than China but certainly they don't require BD for opening up military bases when same can be done with the help of India in a much better way or simply by using its own assets in IOR.....

USA cannot attack western China through India. It cannot post soldiers in seven sisters due to supply line issues.

China is moving its strategic assets to the north and west - where it cannot be attacked.

In an all out war - China will just move its military to the seven sisters.

And use Chittagong (provided an alliance exists) to trade.

In an all out war - India will lose the seven sisters and never get it back.

China has its sights on the seven sisters but cannot move until it secures Bangladesh as an all weather ally like Pakistan.

China secured Uighurstan with the help of West Pakistan (gifted a corridor).

China hopes to secure seven sisters with the help of former East Pakistan.

@Nergal
@Bilal9
@Homo Sapiens

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom