What's new

No free lunches for USA anymore!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
USA has been bleeding developing countries for a hundred years.

It started with world bank and IMF loans to dictators. Whereby loans were given to pliant dictators who put the cash into Swiss bank accounts.

Once these countries got into a spiral of debt - US would give them “aid” - which was used to payoff the interest on the loans.

It’s a scam that lasted for a 100 years until China turned up with actual infrastructure like mega roads and mega bridges.

Bangladesh should never ever fall into USA debt trap.

If USA wants us to “facilitate QUAD” - it must include GSP and cash transfers. Stingy USA needs to match the offers from China.

It started with world bank and IMF loans to dictators. Whereby loans were given to pliant dictators who put the cash into Swiss bank accounts.

Once these countries got into a spiral of debt - US would give them “aid” - which was used to payoff the interest on the loans.

It’s a scam that lasted for a 100 years until China turned up with actual infrastructure like mega roads and mega bridges.

If USA wants us to “facilitate QUAD” - it must include GSP and cash transfers. Stingy USA needs to match the offers from China.

Are joking match what China offers, u.s.a would want us to get involved in the mess they create all over the world? And you want us to break our neutrality for the same price and get stuck in knee deep s***.

Send our people to invade iran, as that's u.s.a next hit list.

It will have to be one million fold.

Calm dowb bro, too much vitriol. USA can benefit us in many ways, China can too. It's not upto them, their are not going do the helping out of the goodness of their hearts. We have to do it and figure out how to benefit from relationships with both of them.

Are joking match what China offers, u.s.a would want us to get involved in the mess they create all over the world? And you want us to break our neutrality for the same price and get stuck in knee deep s***.

I want neutrality but USA will most likely assassinate Hasina unless she agrees to QUAD.

I want neutrality but USA will most likely assassinate Hasina unless she agrees to QUAD.

I would not mourn hasina death.

But heres the thing there is nothing preventing us from being really fluid with our positioning.

US still the most powerful force in the region.
.so we will join the quad. We are already part of Belt and road and we will continue there as well.

When US loses more ground we align closer with china if it serves are purpose.

Our singular goal sould be to exact maximum benefit for ourselves. US, china, europe all are irrelevant in the long run... we align and move on as situations dictate.

National interest is all that matters. If one political party becomes a hinderence to this they should be removed. That is the beauty of democracy as it will allow us to pivot 180° as and when necessary.

Hasina, zia are just figureheads... as a nation our prorities should be fixed but strategy to implement should be flexible.

How does Swiss bank account benefit USA ?

How does Swiss bank account benefit USA ?

The Swiss bank account holders are beholden to USA. Because only USA can twist the Swiss to release the money.

Uncle Sam knows what’s in every account and uses it to blackmail the account holders.

Apparently every country on the planet was poor except the US for the last 100 years.

Every single country except the colonial powers and a few US stooges.

Vast majority lived in absolute deep shit.

And US wants them to stay there.

It's usa who want us to break our neutrality by joining QUAD!

And if you have usa as ally you don't need any enemy!

Latest example is Pakistan. First time against soviet ( and then by kicking out imran Khan, and they will try to keep shahbaz in power, though not sure if they can be successful) , when soviet fall , usa started so called war on terror to deminize Pakistan and other Muslim countries.

Now they are looking for Bangladesh, against China.

Once they will create mess , then they will work to neutralised Bangladesh. I'm use they will use Uyighur issue ( which is fake i think ) to create more terrorist ; this time from Bangladesh.

And after massacre of China, they ( uncle sam) will play against Bangladesh!

Thankfully China is not soviet . Although China is technically land locked by all side ; only Malacca strait is her exit route to connect to the rest of the world.

Still China has Myanmar to get direct access of the bay of Bengal.

Now please don't bring rohingya issue! Because why China supports Myanmar, most of Bangladeshi won't understand it.

But unfortunately then world politics isn't limited to our tiny land and brainless 170 million mass ; who can't think beyond BNP BAL and believe that the world revolve around them.

Last edited:
It's usa who want us to break our neutrality by joining QUAD!

And if you have usa as ally you don't need any enemy!

Latest example is Pakistan. First time against soviet ( and then by kicking out imran Khan, and they will try to keep shahbaz in power, though not sure if they can be successful) , when soviet fall , usa started so called war on terror to deminize Pakistan and other Muslim countries.

Now they are looking for Bangladesh, against China.

Once they will create mess , then they will work to neutralised Bangladesh. I'm use they will use Uyighur issue ( which is fake i think ) to create more terrorist ; this time from Bangladesh.

And after massacre of China, they ( uncle sam) will play against Bangladesh!

Thankfully China is soviet . Although China is technically land locked by all side ; only Malacca strait is her exit route to connect to the rest of the world.

Still China has Myanmar to get direct access of the bay of Bengal.

Now please don't bring rohingya issue! Because why China supports Myanmar, most of Bangladeshi won't understand it.

But unfortunately then world politics isn't limited to our tiny land and brainless 170 million mass ; who can't think beyond BNP BAL and believe that the world revolve around them.
no one is asking Bangladesh to join QUAD or any anti-China alliance. Even if Bangladesh wants to join on its own accord the nation will be liability to any alliance (China or the West) at this time. Take a leaf out of Vietnam's book, attract FDI from China and the West, generate employment develop your country.

no one is asking Bangladesh to join QUAD or any anti-China alliance. Even if Bangladesh wants to join on its own accord the nation will be liability to any alliance (China or the West) at this time. Take a leaf out of Vietnam's book, attract FDI from China and the West, generate employment develop your country.
It's part of world politics! I don't blame either usa or China , as if I were one of these super powers, I would also want Bangladesh by my side , because of It's strategic importance.

Usa indeed want Bangladesh to encircle China; at least to leave China alone in this hostile territory of the bay of Bengal!

On the other hand Bangladesh can't afford to lose it's neutrality! Thank you.

It's part of world politics! I don't blame either usa or China , as if I were one of these super powers, I would also want Bangladesh by my side , because of It's strategic importance.

Usa indeed want Bangladesh to encircle China; at least to leave China alone in this hostile territory of the bay of Bengal!

On the other hand Bangladesh can't afford to lose it's neutrality! Thank you.

strategic importance? how is Bangladesh strategically important? Too close to China to host bases besides the US already has several bases in China's soft underbelly. On the flip side Bangladesh is too close to India for Chinese bases, if I remember correctly, Bangladesh is surrounded on three sides by India. Bangladesh depends on India and China for water, most of her rivers originate in China and flow through India. I always thought Bangladesh was strategically vulnerable so it's bewildering to hear you say the opposite.

I haven't taken anything personally, the people of Bangladesh have every right to decide their own fate and choose their own friends. I'm not convinced taking sides at this time is the right call for Bangladesh.

strategic importance? how is Bangladesh strategically important? Too close to China to host bases besides the US already has several bases in China's soft underbelly. On the flip side Bangladesh is too close to India for Chinese bases, if I remember correctly, Bangladesh is surrounded on three sides by India. Bangladesh depends on India and China for water, most of her rivers originate in China and flow through India. I always thought Bangladesh was strategically vulnerable so it's bewildering to hear you say the opposite.

I haven't taken anything personally, the people of Bangladesh have every right to decide their own fate and choose their own friends. I'm not convinced taking sides at this time is the right call for Bangladesh.

Maybe you can persuade Uncle Sam of “Bangladesh’s lack of strategic importance”?

If you succeed, USA’s defence and diplomats would stop arm twisting Bangladesh. They would not utter quad and Bangladesh in the same sentence.

If that doesn’t happen then we will know you are just spouting nonsense!!’

BDs strategic importance lies in its geography. It enables us to cut india in two. China and pakistan blocks out india to the west, china and BD can do it to the east. BD completes the string of pearls.

For the Quad india is a weak link. It can not defeat china, it can not defeat pakistan and whilst it might be able to invade BD there is zero chance of it holding it. A friendly BD relieves the pressure on India. If BD is in the Quad india atleast has a fighting chance of holding onto the seven sisters against china if they can move people and armour over BD.

However there is the third position, which is the most important one for us and that is what is in BDs interest. We have zero interest in allowing others to fight their war in our turf. BD gains not a lot by supporting either side. But it does gain a lot by engaging with both side and maintaining balance. As long as both side is assured that BD is not with the other side status quo is maintained. It serves everyones purpose to have a stable BD.

Back
Top Bottom