What's new

No beef on menu during Commonwealth Games: Kalmadi

Status
Not open for further replies.
beef or pork, chines eat both of them and enjoy their life.

In that way, you seem to be India obsessed ! :D..you havent left the thread for the same duration...lol

I get amused by seeing half of India grinning over the thread some even resorted to personal attacks.:D

same the concern of the neighbours too, you guys are too concerned about what people will eat when beef is banned here.

:D:D

More than half of the browsing persons are Indians lolzz

I get amused by seeing half of India grinning over the thread some even resorted to personal attacks.:D

half of India on defence.pk ????:woot:

were these calculations done by webmaster or Aism OR YOU?

Go one keep making fun of hindu sentiments. Had i been making such fun of your religion then you people would have banned me.
I see discrimination against hindu members here.
Where has all the credibility of this forum gone??
This speaks volume about your culture.

if anything, i was respecting the 'holy' cow yaara

When the clock ticked midnight on January 1 2010, i had 2 new years resolutions

a.) quit smoking (which by the way guys, i have been smoke free for the past 6 months :):))

b.) adhere to a fitness friendly diet that follows suggestions of the food pyramid

While not compulsory for my survival, I like my 2-3 servings of dairy food. How in hell would I be enabled to do that without holy ''go''

only difference between you and me is, I NEED those 2-3 servings of meat as well

it's all right here my son

Food%20Pyramid.JPG

really ?? you mean half of India attacking you...:P

:rofl::rofl::rofl: poor you.

Half of india is concerned because they are defending their faith.

So you accept that the no beef on CWG menu has to do with faith and India is indeed a religious state not a secular one ??

are there underground illegal beef slaughterers/distributors in hindustan, like the way there are underground distilleries in parts of Pakistan?
It is Not the Way You Expects.Beef is Common.So is Slaughter Houses.I think the Whole Media Attention Regarding the Vegetarians of Some States has deluded the Reality.India is Not So Vegetarian.

In India, vegetarianism is usually synonymous with lacto vegetarianism, although lacto-ovo vegetarianism is practiced as well. Most restaurants in India indicate whether they are "Non-Vegetarian", "Vegetarian" or "Pure Vegetarian" (lacto vegetarian), and market themselves accordingly. Vegetarian restaurants abound, and vegan (Shakahari: plant-eater, in Hindi) options are available. Animal based ingredients such as lard, gelatin and meat stock are not used in the traditional cuisine, although milk and honey are common.

According to the 2006 Hindu-CNN-IBN State of the Nation Survey[1], 31% of Indians are vegetarians, while another 9% consumes eggs. Among the various communities, vegetarianism was most common among Jains, Brahmins at 55%, and less frequent among Muslims (3%) and residents of coastal states respectively. Other surveys cited by FAO [2], and USDA [3] estimate 20%-42% of the Indian population as being vegetarian. Vegetarianism is followed by Indian people very strictly and in most cases depends upon a person's religion and caste. In Hindu society, the Brahmins are traditionally the most staunch followers of a vegetarian diet. Although consumption of milk and milk products is acceptable. According to the tenets of Hinduism, every animal must be given the right to live and slaughtering of animals for meat is considered one of the most heinous sins. Non consumption of meat by the vegetarian people of India is largely dependent on their religious views and not due to economical or similar reasons.
Vegetarianism in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you accept that the no beef on CWG menu has to do with faith and India is indeed a religious state not a secular one ??

No one in India has problem , Even Indians know how to respect each other sentiment.

Being a religious or a secular state does not gives license to hurt a community's sentiments ma'am.

Its exclusion is not the issue but its exclusion due to threats of hindu harliners is the issue.

why a secular, govt should be so weak to bow to hardliner elements ??????

The govt took the step to avoid violence,there is something called sense.
or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom