No ban on dance, music classes in schools: Sindh CM

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
October 23, 2016, 5:53 pm

KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah on Sunday took strong notice of a news report claiming issuance of a notification by the education department putting ban on dance and music classes in schools.

In a hand-written note to the media, Murad said action is being taken against any notification issued to ban dance in schools and those responsible will be taken to task.

Minister concerned has categorically denied endorsing such ban and notice being taken regarding statement falsely attributed to him, he added.

“The government will not be dictated by isolated extremist elements and will not allow its progressive agenda to be hijacked at any cost. Dance and music are integral parts of a liberal society and we continue our support to such activities,” read the note.

The clarification was issued in response to a news story in an English daily, which reported that the education department had issued letters to private schools warning them over dance classes.

“Some schools, in the name of dance, have hired teachers and started teaching vulgar dance, which cannot be tolerated, this practice must be stopped forthwith. Otherwise, we will have no other option but to cancel the registration of these schools.”
http://nation.com.pk/national/23-Oct-2016/no-ban-on-dance-music-classes-in-schools-sindh-cm

PeePeePee is the only political party which is the most secular corrupt.. :D

we should be ashamed of calling us in Islamic country,,, shame on us ,,,

You can't impose your thoughts to anyone. It doesn't happen anywhere in the world unless you have dictatorship .
Models,actors. dancers ,Artists. they are soft image of country.
As government is imposing ban on indian content, This is need of hour to promote our film industry, Build more dancing schools, and increase budget in film industry.

Lets promote Ghazals and Nazms and Kathak and get rid of the rest and also folk dances and songs should also be encouraged .

Last edited:
Sharam ka kia krna hai. Image to acha ho jye ga na hamara. Soft plumpy image, wish them good luck and hope they will start strip classes too.

PeePeePee is the only political party which is the most secular corrupt.. :D
Don't forget PMLn bro...in promotion of vulgarity and decadency like Mujras and Punjabi stage dramas no one can match the patwaris but these hypocrite-goons and blood-sucking traitors do not miss a chance of pretending to be all sanctimonious hajis like Ishaq Dark with beard and surma. PPP just takes responsibility and claims its openly so they people know who they are and what they are..

October 23, 2016, 5:53 pm

KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah on Sunday took strong notice of a news report claiming issuance of a notification by the education department putting ban on dance and music classes in schools.

In a hand-written note to the media, Murad said action is being taken against any notification issued to ban dance in schools and those responsible will be taken to task.

Minister concerned has categorically denied endorsing such ban and notice being taken regarding statement falsely attributed to him, he added.

“The government will not be dictated by isolated extremist elements and will not allow its progressive agenda to be hijacked at any cost. Dance and music are integral parts of a liberal society and we continue our support to such activities,” read the note.

The clarification was issued in response to a news story in an English daily, which reported that the education department had issued letters to private schools warning them over dance classes.

“Some schools, in the name of dance, have hired teachers and started teaching vulgar dance, which cannot be tolerated, this practice must be stopped forthwith. Otherwise, we will have no other option but to cancel the registration of these schools.”
http://nation.com.pk/national/23-Oct-2016/no-ban-on-dance-music-classes-in-schools-sindh-cm

I am not a culture cop or a religious fundamentalist. there is nothing wrong in putting some standards on what gets taught in schools

You can't impose your thoughts to anyone. It doesn't happen anywhere in the world unless you have dictatorship .
Models,actors. dancers ,Artists. they are soft image of country.
As government is imposing ban on indian content, This is need of hour to promote our film industry, Build more dancing schools, and increase budget in film industry.
Kindly re.read my post ... I am not sayying that you should not be allowed to dance ... I can impose such restrictions on my daughters and sisters not on yours ... If you want them to dance then its your choicce ...

I am just saying that gov of pakistan should stop lying that we are a muslim country ... Thats hypcriacy ...

Either we could be muslims or either we could say dance interest drinking adultry are halal (allowable) ...

Are you saying these things are allowed in islam ? Answere is definitely no .. So if you still saying yes you want is to be allowable then you cant be a muslim

And thats not my extremist definition of islam but this is islam ... Accept it or not ... It is in black and white ...

In your personal life you can do whatever you want which are against islam but then dont call yourself muslim ...

I am not a culture cop or a religious fundamentalist. there is nothing wrong in putting some standards on what gets taught in schools
The news about ban on Music and Dance classes turned out to be false Express Tribune is now making shit up for more views

And yes there should be govt standards on Music classes most public schools dont have music and dance class and every private school that offers them has different standards

I would support it being an optional subject in intermediate for Arts if we have a centralised course for it

Kindly re.read my post ... I am not sayying that you should not be allowed to dance ... I can impose such restrictions on my daughters and sisters not on yours ... If you want them to dance then its your choicce ...

I am just saying that gov of pakistan should stop lying that we are a muslim country ... Thats hypcriacy ...

Either we could be muslims or either we could say dance interest drinking adultry are halal (allowable) ...

Are you saying these things are allowed in islam ? Answere is definitely no .. So if you still saying yes you want is to be allowable then you cant be a muslim

And thats not my extremist definition of islam but this is islam ... Accept it or not ... It is in black and white ...

In your personal life you can do whatever you want which are against islam but then dont call yourself muslim ...

there is nothing in Islam against music and dance
i can understand prohibitions against alcohol, adultery

Pakistan was never a hardcore islamic country in the first place .
There is no terminology in islam as hard core or soft image ... In islam either we are muslim momin and munafiq or non.muslim ... As per definition of islam anyone who denies with compulsory instructions of islams (whether he follow them in actual or not is different) cannot be declared as muslim ... Regarding being a momin and munafiq ni one knows for sure except Allah ... For example if you dont pray five times a day you will remain muslim but if you deny that five time prayers are necessary you are not a muslim anymore ...

Similarly if you are dancing and taking interest you will still legally be muslim but you start believing that these things are allowed in islam then you are not a legal muslim ...

there is nothing in Islam against music and dance
i can understand prohibitions against alcohol, adultery
Thats incorrect ... Music and are strictly prohibited in Islam ... There are authentic hadiths against music ...

There is no terminology in islam as hard core or soft image ... In islam either we are muslim momin and munafiq or non.muslim ... As per definition of islam anyone who denies with compulsory instructions of islams (whether he follow them in actual or not is different) cannot be declared as muslim ... Regarding being a momin and munafiq ni one knows for sure except Allah ... For example if you dont pray five times a day you will remain muslim but if you deny that five time prayers are necessary you are not a muslim anymore ...

Similarly if you are dancing and taking interest you will still legally be muslim but you start believing that these things are allowed in islam then you are not a legal muslim ...

Thats incorrect ... Music and are strictly prohibited in Islam ... There are authentic hadiths against music ...

What I meant was Pakistan isn't similar to Saudi arabia , Iran , Somalia ,Afghanistan or similar other countries . Big percentage of our population are moderates with western influence or little religious influence on their lifes .

Back
Top Bottom