What's new

No Aryan migration into India / Pakistan? Its' all a myth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a running battle going on between ChineseTiger1986 and some others. Somehow, I have the awful suspicion that ChineseTiger1986 is pulling the legs of his opponents massively; his position seems too, too provocative to be for real.

On the other hand, it may be that ChineseTiger1986 is putting across his point of view, and should be feeling pretty frustrated by now by the storm of disapproval in rather generic terms that has descended upon him. Finally, there were crude racist attacks on him by Andross, who should simply be reported and kicked out without any further waste of time: the kind of ethnic insult used by him is completely indefensible. I am surprised that the moderators haven't caught up yet, and I am appreciative of ChineseTiger1986 not to react to this; in his place, I would have gone ballistic by now.

Perhaps one way out would be to take his comments at face value, assume that he means them, and does not intend to annoy Indian posters just to watch the fun when they lose their tempers (it is well known that we lose our tempers very readily), and try to provide him answers. It has to be pointed out that many, most, almost all the Indian posters have tried to put together a coherent picture for him, even as they were struggling with their frustration at his wicked (and I must assume tongue-in-cheek) insistence on wholly contrary facts (wholly contrary to all that is known about Gautama Buddha's personal life, that is).

Let me try to pull together the threads that other Indians have already mentioned, and try to present a coherent picture to ChineseTiger1986. I will do that at the end, and will try to comment on individual posts as we go along seeing these individual posts.

As an Asian, i support the Aryan originating in India theory to counter against the White Supremacist, but i also support Gautama Buddha was East Asian by origin because India never officially supported Buddhism.

Yes, this was a two-fold reaction, not just to British colonial attempts to capture information that they found in the Vedas, and to convert that information into a model for Indian history whereby successive waves of conquerors came and ruled the country, in whole or in part, but also to a parallel reaction to this colonialist model which emerged from the Dalit camp, and was first proposed by Jyotiba Phule. The Indian supremacist doctrine was a response to both, and has elements of caste supremacy built in to contest Phule's propositions.

Regarding India never officially supporting Buddhism, this is not correct. India was not a name that Indians used about their land, it was a name that Europeans, later, following them, the Arabs used about India. So if you mean that no state calling itself India ever supported Buddhism, you are right. If you mean that no state comprising of the land mass of India supported Buddhism, you are wrong. The Maurya Empire, which comprised most of the land mass of India, and was in addition very extensively spread into present-day Afghanistan and Central Asia, not only supported Buddhism but was responsible for the first concerted attempt to promote Buddhism, which had till then spread by word of mouth and by adoption by enthusiasts.

Buddhhism was state religion of Mouryas and Palas. Atish Dipankar Srigyan who established the Sarma linage in Tibet hailed from now what is Bangladesh and was a Budhhist teacher of Pala empire.

Atisha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@ChineseTiger1986 - in extension of my remarks above.^^^^^^

You support....as in a political party ?

Dude, he was born in Lumbini int a Kshatriya family.That is a fact and that is not changing irrespective of your support.

The significance of what Karthic Sri has mentioned is in the Kshatriya ancestry of Gautama.

You may be aware of the controversy going on in another thread, the Battle of the Hydaspes, about the caste origins of Porus, the Indian king who was defeated by Alexander (although there is circumstantial evidence that this may not have been quite the defeat that was reported by the Greek historians who wrote about it several hundred years later; the evidence indicates that it may even have been a drawn battle), it was impossible to prove the caste of Porus. The Greeks mentioned it in one allusive passage, and no Indian source talks about Porus or about the battle, therefore it is not possible to come to any conclusion about Porus; no authentic account of his caste is to be found, and Greek accounts simply are not reliable as they do not know the subject of caste at all well.

In contrast, the Kshatriya status of Gautama was not only known, it was almost a necessary condition for the prince's enquiries and his development of the doctrine of Buddhism. In some ways, both his revolt against late-stage Puranic Hinduism, which had got completely divided into two streams, one day-to-day labouring to complete a series of complicated sacrifices as the only form of religious expression known any longer, the other a series of philosophical enquiries of the very highest order of complexity and subtlety, and still nothing to do with religious expression in day-to-day life. It was against this loss of direction by the Brahmin priests that the Kshatriya princes, Gautama and Mahavira, rebelled within a short time from each other, and in uncannily similar directions. A comparison to the ferment in the Middle East, in Palestine, around the time of Jesus Christ, with a number of sects like the Essenes, the authors of the Dead Sea scrolls, is inevitable.

These Kshatriya princes challenged Hinduism from inside. They were born to rule. They were part of the highest social class, the ruling class, outranked, possibly, only by the Brahmins; all the fruits of social domination was theirs. These were members of the core of Indian society then, not mlecchas, as Kiratas were, not people whose speech could not be understood, therefore barbarian, not suspicious borderline characters, best left unacknowledged lest an investigation should reveal them as unrecognisable within society. There is no doubt, either in the Buddhist scriptures, the Jatakas, for instance, which describe the Buddha's many lives, or in hostile Hindu scripture or writing, that Gautama was the bluest of blue-blooded princes, and that his revolt shook society to its foundations.

Gautama has mongoloid origin(Sino-Tibetan), that's why his major followers are in China and many Southeast Asian nations.

Buddha was born in Nepal and he was Mongoloid race « Kapilvastu Day Blog

Unfortunately, this is based on a completely uninformed view of Nepalese history. While a detailed treatment of Nepal's history is out of place here, please take into account that until the penetration of the Gorkha tribes, the Kathmandu valley was ruled by the Newars, who were far from Tibeto-Mongoloid. In fact, even their residence of the Kathmandu valley was of recent origin, the original residents being closer to what is today called the Madhesis. In those days, they were not so called, because the occasion did not arise.

If you are insisted, I can dwell on this point in detail.

You know that today's Nepalese look Chindians. :oops:

Before i thought Buddha may look like a Northern Indian man like this guy.

422126988_small.jpg

Now i just change my mind since he has possibly more of Mongoloid background, only his religion was Hindu.

Incorrect. Those who looked alien, those who spoke in an alien manner were rapidly characterised as mleccha, those who spoke badly. In the increasing domination of Indian society in the Gangetic plain by the Indo-Aryan speakers, and their rapid domination of the existing language uses, the deference paid to one cultural segment, the segment which could be assimilated, and the hostility towards the other, the segment that could not be assimilated, was crystal-clear.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Even Bengalis from Tripura have Mongoloid(for lack of better term!) features, next you will claim S D Burman was Chinese! :/

@ChineseTiger1986: Put with undue vehemence, but quite correct, actually. From east of Bodh-Gaya, there was famously no caste; this in part may have been due to the increasingly different cultural standard and norm to be found to the east, and rather reminiscent of the other cultural divide, the southern. Many Bengalis, and Bangladeshis, if we must tip our hats to political correctness, especially those east of Dhaka, have high cheekbones, sallow skins, slanted eyes, but no epicanthic fold. There is therefore a transition of physical appearances as we travel further and further east. By the end, in the Chakma Hills, or in the Lushai and Jaintia Hills, we find full-blown Burmese looks.

FYI, even today not ALL Nepalis have mongoloid features. I hope you know that.

@ChineseTiger1986: Again, quite accurately so. I could list the tribes, if you wish, and inform you which are Tibeto-Mongoloid and which are plainsmen settled for several centuries in the region known as Nepal.

What has following a religion got to do with his race!

Even Sri Lankans follow Buddhism. Does that make him a Sinhalese?

He was Indian and he was a religious reformer in our tradition. All his life was spent in India, from birth to enlightenment to death.

True.

I appreciate that ,but i'd rather prefer the truth.
You mean Buddhism was never recognized religion or Buddhism was never state religion in India?

Of the far-flung empires, it was the Mauryas and the Palas who were most supportive, but other dynasties offered a lot. Xuanzang's benefactors, the Varma kings of Assam (Kamarupa) for instance.

That's why China is against India's claim over Buddhism.

And Hindu was originating in today's Pakistan.

I am unable to understand these two references as the original context did not get quoted. if you can explain what was meant by them originally, I can try to provide an answer from historical information.

That once again is lie, Budhhism assimilated into Hinduism(not Brahmanism!). Also most Muslims converts were Budhhists, atleast in Bengal.

@ChineseTiger1986:The cultural and religious milieu in Bengal and in the east of India in general is very complex, and I advise readers not to get into it without a guide!!

Its not Eastern Asian at all. India never offically supported Buddhism? One of India's greatest kings was a Buddhist, and Mauryan empire was run by a Buddhist king.

We dont know if he was Mongolid, "Indian", etc. But he WAS born into a kshatriya class into a Hindu family back in those times.. And his fathers kingdom was in both modern India and Nepal.

He was not Mongoloid, as such differences were carefully, systematically referenced by specific words used to describe them. His Kshatriya descent and his status in society were freely mentioned. Nor were any differences in appearance even hinted at.

Buddha was born in Hindu culture, but he was looked down by other Hindus because of his race.

So he just created a philosophy to fight against the racist Hindu caste system.

@ChineseTiger1986: On the contrary. His high position allowed him to break open the doors of society to a new way of thinking. Initially not a religion, simply a way to lead life.

THE REST LATER.

The rest of your queries, comments or doubts.
NB: On references to Buddha's status as an avatar of Vishnu, please ignore what I have written and refer to the clarification by Bang Galore several pages down.

what race was buddah? :lol:

Post to be reported.

He was born into a high caste Hindu family in the first place. He was royality. He didnt do it for himself.
Some Hindus think he is the 9th avatar of god Vishnu.

@ChineseTiger1986: This comment by Liquid needs to be read in two different parts.

That he was born in a high-caste Hindu family and was royalty is well-recorded. What such families did in democracies is a matter which we will examine later, time and interest permitting.

The reference to the 9th avatar of Vishnu is interesting. The concept of avatars is probably well-known by now; Vishnu in particular was partial to turning up from time to time in an avatar of himself, a simulacrum of himself, except that unlike a simulacrum, an avatar is an absolute likeness. Originally, the avatars listed were Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Narasimha, Vaman; then came in Parasuram, Sri Rama and Sri Krishna; finally are listed the Buddha and Kalki. It is obvious that in an attempt to unify Hindu society, someone somewhere inserted the Buddha into the pantheon. This is probably a very late development, probably subsequent to the campaign by Sankaracharya in the 9th century, when he initiated a campaign which left no stone unturned to revive Hinduism and remove the threat from Buddhism.

Dude, Buddha is considered a re-incarnation of Lord Vishnu, who is one of the Holy Trinity in Hinduism. So you can decide for yourself if there is any hate. :rolleyes:

Infact some sects of Buddhism like Vajrayanas borrow heavily from Hindu practices and you can even see the extensive use of the Hindu Symbol "Om" among them.

@ChineseTiger1986: We shall return to the point about Vajrayana Buddhism some other time. The matter is not as simple as it seems to be here, in this post.

Where are you getting this knowledge from!

This forum is not a good place. It will be like if we take all out knowledge about China from the Vietnamese or Koreans.

Try some academic sources if you really want to know.

Else, at least don't expose your ignorance by making such claims.

@ChineseTiger1986: I agree with this. Whatever the Kapilavastu day blog happens to be, it is obviously a mine of misinformation. Try to avoid citing it until it has been evaluated by someone with a background in history.

The Hindu caste system was obsolete, that's why they chose to convert into Islam.

@ChineseTiger1986: Regrettably, it doesn't have to become obsolete.

It continued to be productive with relatively few adjustments to meet contemporary pressures.

He tried to abolish Brahminical dogmas, Brahmins revenged by making him an Avatar of Vishnu.

@ChineseTiger1986: It was not precisely a Brahmin revenge, more an act of co-opting the Buddha, to strengthen Hinduism, and Brahminism, most ironical, considering how completely he had smashed the idiotic ritual of the Brahmins, and considering how they called the Buddha and all his followers 'heretics'.

Man, Buddha never claimed he was the reincarnation of the Hindu god, but rather a human being like the rest.

So this makes Buddhism a separated entity instead being a subset of the Hindu culture.

@ChineseTiger1986: The Buddha himself never gave an inkling of how he felt by saying anything about it. But in terms of the way he acted, you are completely correct.

His point is how Hinduism viewed Buddha

@ChineseTiger1986: There were two stages. In and around the 6th century BC, he was considered a heretic; later, about 1,400 years later, during the revival of Hinduism, he was included into the avatars of Vishnu, because the priests wanted him on their side, not against them.

There is a characteristic Indian wrinkle about this. Sankaracharya, who travelled throughout India, debating Buddhist scholars and philosophers and seeking to convert them, was a Saivite; the priests who took in the Buddha into the pantheon were the priests of Vishnu, bitterly opposed to Sankaracharya.

But Buddha himself didn't believe Hinduism anymore, maybe the Hindu community has considered him as a traitor.

Maybe because of his racial background, he felt no affiliation with the Hinduism.

Right, and wrong.

The Brahmins considered him and his followers heretics; however, they also sought to project him as an agent provocateur, who deceived the Asuras by preaching false doctrine.

On the other hand, his racial background was not only the same as the others in south Asia, he was from the highest echelons of society, hence a person affiliated to Hinduism by birth and social status alike. It was because of these factors that his revolt was all the more stunning.

On the contrary the caste system is well entrenched in South Asian society, but one good thing I can notice nowadays is people look upto castes as a tool for social bonding and as a sense of identity rather than a tool for discrimination. It is still not fully viewed as I mentioned, but is increasingly becoming so.

As for the conversion part, well that might have played a part but it was not the reason entirely as casteism is present among South Asian Muslims too.

Caste is an issue which requires separate discussion. Some of the topics touched upon in this thread would take entire libraries to expound on the topic in question; then would follow the task of comprehension!

I dont think you get what I say - You said Hindus loked down upon Buddha ; for that I replied how can we when we consider him an incarnation of one of our most powerful Gods.

Comprende ?

This is not as simple as Karthic Sri has thought it to be.

You are making up B.S. No Buddhist text ever mention that he seek enlightenment because of his RACE!! You are bring that up here. He was a well off kshatriya, soon to be a king!

This, in fact, was a factor behind the impact his teaching had on society. His high position made his revolt and his doctrine all the more impactful.

But Buddha and his people have no sworn allegiance with the Hinduism because of the racial descrimination against them.

Same as the Pakistani people chose to voluntarily become Muslims, no one was putting the sword on their neck.

There was in fact no racial discrimination against either the Buddha or his followers; they were drawn from the midst of the core of Indian society at the time.

Partially true,though not accurate

Wrong!
In Hinduism he is considered as an avatar

Wrong!
There is no evidence suggesting if the Shakya clan saw themselves of a different race or ethnic group from the other Mahajanapadas.

The Sakya clan nowhere thought of itself as different in any way. This conjecture has no evidence in support.

Maybe Buddha in the ancient claimed he was a Kirat, not an Aryan.

He made no such claims about himself. The claims relating to the Buddha are made in the Jatakas. He is not claimed as Kirata, but as mainstream Indian of the Kshatriya caste. This was not a caste to which the Kirata were admissible, or of which they were thought to be a permissible constituent.

Perhaps a separate note on these tribes and their status is indicated.

Let me try this one last time ;

Vajrayana Buddhists of the Arunachal,Sikkim area consider their religion as a subsect of the Dharmic religion (Sanatana Dharma) and their rituals and practises involves a significant amount of Hindu rituals. There is a member Tshering22 here and maybe he can clarify it a bit more than I can.

As for the Islamic conversions it was not entirely through sword nor was it entirely voluntary. But its better we dont go there as it is completely offtopic.

As mentioned earlier, it is better to leave the Vajrayana/Tantrik topic alone. It is complicated, and there are theorists with very involved explanations of these subjects.

Kirat people lives in eastern Nepal. Not right near Uttar Pradesh,Bihar-Nepal border. Where Buddha's fathers kingdom was!

Kirats were considered barbarians back then, not warrior caste!! Like Buddha and his family.

This is correct - partially. The geographical comments need refinement.

I already answeredthere is large change that Buddha was a Kirat Mongoloid.

So he may look like today's Chindian Nepalese. :oops:

Buddha was born in Nepal and he was Mongoloid race « Kapilvastu Day Blog

Is there any evidence other than this blog site?

Kirats were peaceful people just like their Tibetan cousins.

Why you call them barbarians? :cry:

If this has begun to disturb you emotionally, the time has come for a detailed explanation. It must be recalled first of all that the note with which this terrible thread started up was fundamentally wrong. It assumes a model for the dissemination of the Indo-Aryan language(s) throughout northern south Asia based on the physical movement of masses of people, their clash with the existing inhabitants, and their domination and social subjugation of the autochthones. On the contrary, it is likely that from the north-west passes into India, down to the southern delta of the Indus where it falls into the Arabian Sea, and into the Gangetic plains all the way until the area between Varanasi and Gaya, it was the language - boosted by the access to iron-age technology that its original speakers possessed - that made its way first, with or without a minor movement of individuals or families. What this eastward movement encountered at the borders indicated, the region bounded on the east by Gaya and by the Mahajanapadas of Anga and Vanga, was a well-developed chalcollithic civilisation.
Excavations at Pandurajar Dhibi and Mahishadal , both in the Ajay Valley in the Burdwan district of Bengal, have since established the existence of Copper age culture in this part of the country. The absolute date of this culture, established by carbon 14 tests, is about 1300 BC, almost the same that is assigned to the (entry of the Aryan languages into north-west India). This Copper Age culture of the Ajay Valley, if not of (the entire region to the east), was largely contemporary with, and independent of, the vedic culture.

According to Dr. R. C. Majumdar, this civilisation is much older than the composition of the Boudhayan Dharmasutra, which mentions the place, Aryavarta, for the first time........

It is now held that the ancient aboriginal people, who had established themselves from the Mediterranean to the Bay of Bengal, before the spread of what is known as Aryan civilisation, were probably the Dasyus mentioned in the Rig Veda and described as chirping birds in the Aitariya Aranyaka. The word Anasa, which was formerly derivated so as to mean noseless, has now been derived to mean those people whose speech is bad or impossible to understand..........The Vedic people were also known to be very keen on correct pronunciation and because they could not understand what they called 'ill-pronounced speech' of the Dravidians, they called them anasa or foul-mouthed chirping birds and the like. These Dravidian people were the original inhabitants of Bengal.....

In other words, dear ChineseTiger1986, the reason why these people were called barbarian was precisely the same reason why the word barbarian came into being. To the Greeks, outlanders spoke incomprehensible words and sentences; to them, the speech of non-Greeks sounded like 'bar', 'bar', and so on. This is, in fact, the origin of the word 'barbarian', which you have used in an apt manner in your post.

Kirats people live in Eastern Nepal near Sikkim!! Not Bihar, UP-Nepal border..

Vedic people, plains people did not me...

g2g

For this post by Liquid, there is another excerpt:

There is evidence that Bengal was inhabited by (a culture not associated with the Aryan languages) long before the Aryans had settled in Punjab. The Rig Veda does not mention Bengal but the Aitariya Aranyakas of Rig Veda...does mention three ethnic groups, viz., Banga, Bagadha and Cher. Dravidians (have been associated with the name) Cher. Many tribes in Chhota Nagpur call themselves descendants of the Cher. They claim to have come to Chhota Nagpur from a place near Rohtasnagar (in south-western Bihar), but they cannot say how long ago they had come. (According to /one authority/, Chirand, from where the Cheros came, near Chhapra in Bihar, was a neolithic settlement dating back to about 3000 BC).

Some anthropologists say that a Dravidian race, called Banga or Bang, used to live in Bengal. The Bagadha ethnic group still exists in Bengal. The Bagdis of Rarh are their descendants. We know that the language in which they communicate with each other is not (modern) Bengali. The present-day upper castes, Brahmins, Kayasthas and Vaidyas, do not know that language. Some others think that Bagadha and Magadh are the same ethnic group, or stem from the same ethnic group. in some Vedas, Magadh is mentioned. A Brahmin is considered to have fallen from caste hierarchy if he lived in Magadh.

In north Bengal, there were three caste groups, viz., Kirat, Pundhra and Kaibarta. The Vedic Aryans called them Dasyus meaning that they were enemies of the Aryans. The Kirata now live in the mountainous region between Darjeeling and Kathmandu. The Nepalis call them Kirantis. The Punrh of Malda are descendants of Paundras. Their capital, Paundravardhana, had been an important township of north Bengal from ancient times. The Kaibartas were also very powerful in north Bengal. Ballal Sen split them into two groups; kept one in north Bengal and sent the other to the borders of present day Orissa.......

That seems to be plausible.

So what about the Scythians? Since they were Non-Vedic people, were they considered as Aryan?

BTW, the religion of the Scythians wasn't even Zorastrianism, but some sort of Slavic-like Mythology.

Papaois/Perun is the thunder God for the Scythian people, maybe they were ancient Slavs, not Vedic Aryans.

Now most historians think that Aryan Migration theory is a myth created by Europeans. Aryans were Indians and spread across North India. If they came from outside they would have mention it in the Vedas or Puran, but they didn't. Modern techniques like DNA map of Indians approved this which is most reliable.

BTW Aryans were not just a race but religion, culture and way of life.

I dont think so. Hitler used to call his people Aryans, and for him Aryans have blonde hair, blue eyes, white skin, and a small nose not long like most Jews, Arabs, Pakistanis, Afghans, Persians, and North Indians.

Pakistanis dont care much about Aryans like Indians do, but we Pakistanis think Aryans looks most similar to our Kalash people we have in Northern Pakistan.

4847453322_178c29beca.jpg

2857383314_35b3b5e52c.jpg

hritick roshan has his root's in pakistan's punjab province (gujranwala). hritick's dad is from gujranwala. he gets his look from his father. alot of bollywood ators have roots in pakistan, thats why they look more like pakistanis than regular indians.

Hrithik-Roshan-6.jpg

Pakistanis members, the new aryan theory in India has nothing to do with pakistan.No it is not because we want to be like pakistanis.
But when people talk of history of India before 1947 it includes whole subcontinent. (we cant change that even if we want)

The views of the thread starter is the view of indian right wing.

Their reasoning is this.
Muslims and Christians are invaders. But so are Aryans as per Aryan invasion theory(taught in schools in India).
This takes thunder out of us locals versus you foreigners. So they came up with this new idea.

1. The current invasion theory is brainchild of westerners and currently the communist intelligentsia in India
2. Aryans are not invaders they are locals they did not come from outside.

Problem solved.

I missed the iranians here, as they are the first to jump on the word aryan( and yes, they are actually aryans)
Here is a video on you tube, I dont agree with the guy but I like the background music.

Last edited by a moderator:
well desioptimist,before 1947 "india" refers to geographic location of south asia.through out most of history south asia has been a region with empires ruling among themselves,not a united nation.a united country called "india" didnt exist before 1947.

I missed the iranians here, as they are the first to jump on the word aryan( and yes, they are actually aryans)
Here is a video on you tube, I dont agree with the guy but I like the background music.

iranians are genetcially close to semetic peoples(arabs).

Last edited by a moderator:
well desioptimist,before 1947 "india" refers to geographic location of south asia.through out most of history south asia has been a region with empires ruling among themselves,not a united nation.a united country called "india" didnt exist before 1947.

I agree. I did not mean to say there was a country called India before 1947. Sorry if my post meant that.
I just wanted to remove the confusion among pakistanis that the thread starter somehow feels good about being genetically closure to pakistanis.
Actually if you listen to the rightwing, they are telling exactly opposite, that we are indigenous people, not from central Asia.

Look India is a foreign name, we get it so is the name China, Britain, Germany, etc. Nothing was called China before, but Han, Tang, etc empire. Just like India with Gupta, Pala, Mauryan. The whole region was called Hindustan by the middle easterners and Bharat by the people in India.

hritick roshan has his root's in pakistan's punjab province (gujranwala). hritick's dad is from gujranwala. he gets his look from his father. alot of bollywood ators have roots in pakistan, thats why they look more like pakistanis than regular indians.

Post a picture of yourself beside him and prove it. :tup:

I dont know why most Indians are so obsessed about being Aryan when most Indians look like this.

And this is what Indians call "North Aryans Indians".
764172.jpg

KHIR BHAWANI, KASHMIR - JUNE 18: Hindu men celebrate during a local Hindu festival at the Khir Bhawani Hindu temple in Khir Bhawani, 25 kilometers from Srinagar, June 18, 2002 in the disputed Indian held state of Kashmir. Kashmir is predominantly Muslim with only a few Hindu temples located in the region. Tensions have eased between Pakistan and India while the situation in Jammu and Kashmir remains relatively tense with sporadic violence.
Hindu Festival in Kashmir - Photo - LIFE

I dont know why most Indians are so obsessed about being Aryan when most Indians look like this.

And this is what Indians call "North Aryans Indians".
764172.jpg

KHIR BHAWANI, KASHMIR - JUNE 18: Hindu men celebrate during a local Hindu festival at the Khir Bhawani Hindu temple in Khir Bhawani, 25 kilometers from Srinagar, June 18, 2002 in the disputed Indian held state of Kashmir. Kashmir is predominantly Muslim with only a few Hindu temples located in the region. Tensions have eased between Pakistan and India while the situation in Jammu and Kashmir remains relatively tense with sporadic violence.
Hindu Festival in Kashmir - Photo - LIFE

But see my post again and read the link of thread starter before commenting.
Indians are not obessed with being aryan. Some right wingers are obsessed with proving aryans are locals so that nobody can call hinduism has foreign roots.
Now with this understanding, read the link again. You will understand what the author wants to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom