What's new

Nizam of hyderabad £80 million which belongs to pakistan

U r totally wrong,he had the authority to sign but the OP says clearly the Finance minister took the matter in his own hands which means he acted on his own & not without the consent of Nizam, Further the op says the Nizam cabled Westminster Bank and told officials to freeze the account.
Read the text of the OP once again
"While the Nizam dithered, the man to whom he had entrusted the £1m, his finance minister Moin Nawaz Jung, took matters into his own hands."
Here Moin Nawaz is simply a TRUSTEE & not beyond that,why did Nizam cabled Westminister & told the officials to freeze the account. It is like this,I can give u a small example,
Yr PARTENTS go abroad,before that They hand over THE Jewellery to you. U try to sell the Jewelley to a Jewellery Shop owner without the consent of yr parents,the owner of the shop knows yr parents & he informs them about the deal. What will your parents do,they will tell the owner to take the jewellery in his possession & cancel the transaction without paying you any cash.This type of incidents have happend in India, I have done my law
yes but once i have the authority to do something why would i need pemission??

I think we are discussing a moot point...this money belonged to people of telangana and people of India...we are not a feudal society...we even forced hindu kings to give up their power and all assets..we do not like monarchy in general..

I think we are discussing a moot point...this money belonged to people of telangana and people of India...we are not a feudal society...we even forced hindu kings to give up their power and all assets..we do not like monarchy in general..

Although money belongs to India, 80 million seems a pity amount for a country like India. Even if we failed get it, we should make it sure it shouldn't reach Pakistan because its not their money.

I have to agree, the money was taken from the people of the kingdom. It belongs to the people again - ie with the Government. I think it should be given to the Telangana Govt.

Since you do attend marriages of hyderabadi Muslims, what language do the majority speak there?
Why the films made by hyderabadi Muslims is in dakhni/hyderabadi urdu?
Why does every chief minister be it ysr,naidu,kcr speak in urdu when they visit old city? If what you say is true they should speak Telugu since you claim we understand that.

chicha, Pakistan ku nizam ka paisa nakko mila, maloon parta tumaku bahutich takleefa ho rahi, jakar potti ghumao, tima barbad nakko karo. :omghaha::omghaha:

Although money belongs to India, 80 million seems a pity amount for a country like India. Even if we failed get it, we should make it sure it shouldn't reach Pakistan because its not their money.
yes..u r absolutely right...it is not about the money(which is peanuts to us by today's standards)...it is about the right...

yes but once i have the authority to do something why would i need pemission??
The finanace minister is simply a TRUSTEE & not beyond that,
The money was given FOR safe keeping & not meant for Pakistan in any way.
When the Nizam came to know of the transaction,he simply stopped the trasaction & freeze the account,Tell me why did the Nizam gave instructions to close the account,yr logic is simply poor,I am a manager of a Multi National company,I have the authority to sign cheques,Bank documents.But tommorrow something wrong happens I am accountable. Tommorrow if I issue cheques to any Tom,Dick for which the company has not done any Transaction,this is nothing but a fraud. Authority given to me that doesn't mean I can do anything & get away.

Any indian state with urdu as state level language is a Pakistan state under occupation of India.Not only the land but the people,history and culture.they all belong to Pakistan

But Urdu is an Indian language and 90% people in Telangana speak Telugu, nobody speak Pashto-Baloch here. :girl_wacko:

But Urdu is an Indian language and 90% people in Telangana speak Telugu, nobody speak Pashto-Baloch here. :girl_wacko:
Just ask HIM what is the state language of Balochistan,Sindh & NFWP,is it Urdu,a big no,Now will Pakistan leave or vacate these places @farhan_9909

Why should we learn Telugu. Since 400 years and beyond creation of hyderabad and there was Golconda before that we have been speaking hyderabadi urdu. It is our language .

Most of the muslim shopkeepers and servants learn telugu by association. Some are slow learners because they live among muslim dominated localities. I don't know where you fit in??

Most of the muslim shopkeepers and servants learn telugu by association. Some are slow learners because they live among muslim dominated localities. I don't know where you fit in??

Urdu has been spoken since hundreds of years in hyderabad. We will continue our language and rich culture for lifetime.

Urdu has been spoken since hundreds of years in hyderabad. We will continue our language and rich culture for lifetime.

With a 86% Hindu population and 76% speaking Telugu , Urdu will be thrown into sidelines very soon .

Hyderabad: The descendants of the Nizam have appealed to Pakistan to reciprocate to India's offer of an out-of-court settlement over the wealth of the ruler of the erstwhile Hyderabad state lying locked up in a London bank for over 60 years.

The Nizam's heirs want the foreign ministers of both India and Pakistan to initiate a dialogue to resolve the issue at their meeting scheduled in September in Islamabad.

In a letter to Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, the members of the erstwhile royal family urged him to reciprocate to India's offer of an out-of-court settlement.

Nawab Najaf Ali Khan, grandson of the seventh Nizam, Mir Osman Ali Khan, told IANS that he met Pakistani High Commissioner Salman Basheer in New Delhi last week and sent a letter to Zardari through the high commission.

"We sought President Zardari's intervention to find an early settlement to the case to help the members of Nizam family who are financially distressed," said Najaf, president, Nizam Family Welfare Association.

The family hopes that the governments of both countries would also involve them in the talks and hand them over the money, which is now estimated to be 30 million pounds (Rs.3 billion).

After partition and before the merger of the then Hyderabad state with India, Nizam Mir Osman Ali Khan's finance minister Moin Nawaz Jung had transferred 10,07,940 pounds sterling and nine shillings in the name of then Pakistan high commissioner in London HI Rahimtoola in the National Westminster Bank, which is now called the Royal Bank of Scotland.

India raised an objection to the transfer, saying the Nizam was not an independent ruler and prevailed upon the bank to freeze the account. Since then the matter is hanging fire.

The Indian government in 2008 decided to pursue an out-of-court settlement with Pakistan and the heirs of the Nizam.

The cabinet took the decision after Nizam's descendants met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and then foreign minister Pranab Mukherjee

The Nizam's heirs are now planning a visit to Pakistan next month to take up the issue with the authorities and to request them to initiate a dialogue with the Indian government.

"Since we are the legal heirs of Nizam and this amount has no will or trust deed, we want the money to be distributed among us as per the Sharia (Islamic law)," he said, but hastened to add that they are open to all options.

The family does not anticipate any legal hurdles. "Both the governments can claim the money but considering the present financial condition of the family, we request them to give up their claim if they have any such thing in mind and permit us to take the money."

Muhammad Safiullah, cultural adviser to the Nizam's Trust, had estimated in 2008 that Nizam's heirs may get 20 percent of the money while the lion's share will go to India.

Of the Nizam's 34 children, two sons and three daughters are still alive while there are a total of 104 grandchildren.

Najaf plans to set aside a part of the money to set up an educational institution to take care of the educational needs of the new generation of family members.

He pointed out that the family always had good relations with the Indian government after the Nizam's surrender in 1948. Referring to their relations with Pakistan, he said Nizam was the first person to give money to Pakistan for its first budget.

Since the Britain's House of Lords had ruled that the account could only be unfrozen with the agreement of all the parties, Najaf says, no progress is possible unless India and Pakistan arrive at some understanding.

Osman Ali Khan, who was the world's richest man of his time, died in 1967. The efforts to solve the dispute during his lifetime failed as Pakistan never came forward to help unlock the funds.

The Nizam had refused to accede to India after the country's independence on August 15, 1947. He wanted to remain an independent state or join Pakistan. The princely state finally merged with the Indian Union in September, 1948 after an operation by Indian security forces.

Hyderabadi Muslims speak hyderabadi urdu ,
Not telugu
That doesn't mean they cannot understand telugu. If u live in a state since your birth around people from all religion then you can understand its local language quite easily,its no big deal.

I suggest you go to old city hyderabad. Charminar,Noor khan bazar, chaderghat, nampally, mallepally, chandrayangutta ,etc and see for yourself if the people understand Telugu. Infact the elected MLA from hyderabad who are Muslims don't understand Telugu .
So how do they communicate with the telugu speaking people who shop in laad bazar or any other streets in charminar o_O i went on a shooping spree last sunday from laad bazar in charminar to choor bazar :D at Abids .....and neither me nor they any problem speaking in telugu.u sound wierd my friend looks like u have never been to the city.muslims out here have no problem speaking in telugu out here if u are an exception they no one can help it. :-)

Since you do attend marriages of hyderabadi Muslims, what language do the majority speak there?
Why the films made by hyderabadi Muslims is in dakhni/hyderabadi urdu?
Why does every chief minister be it ysr,naidu,kcr speak in urdu when they visit old city? If what you say is true they should speak Telugu since you claim we understand that.
Actually Muslims speak Hindi ( not pure Urdu) in their houses ... not just in Hyd in other places also.... but they speak local language like Telugu Tamil etc outside... you can't compare politicians using 1 or 2 words in old city .... it is just political stunt ...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom