What's new

Nirbhay cruise missile test is conducted sucessfully

Whats the benefit of 2.5KM height for subsonic cruise missile??? Logic of Terrain hugging mode for subsonic missile is very simple to give very minimum time to enemy to response. Enemy will be able to pick missile when its very close to its target. You fly missile at 2.5KM they will know its coming and that distance & speed i highly doubt any success.

I think you misunderstood. The missile goes terrain hugging while it approaches the target. It doesnt need to be at 5 mtrs all the time. It will adjust its height based on its terrain. Thats what is called hugging. The curvature of earth prevents all radars at 1000 kms when it flies @ a height of 1-2 kms. The 2.5 kms is slated to be max for this missiles like other missiles.

After 5 failures just during elections a claimed success need more proves.....

What you say manikchand?

LOL, you are just repeating the same non-facts after being shown the truth.

Our defence R&D organizations do not needs to prove anything to pakistan.
Unlike some people we don't hide our failures and are actually upfront with our failures and our successes.

IMG_20190408_130027.jpg

So u say
Those pakistan members or other members who used to post truth were also banned giving a freehand to idiots who post here only abuse and nothing else. Like every good thing dies slowly in pakistan, I foresee this forum dying natural death because of stupid moderation. I will feel very sorry for it as this is a forum where a lots of people across the nations discuss wide range of topics here. It is difficult to find any other place like this somewhere else.

R u projecting whats happening independent non bhakti Indian media on to us sonny :)

@Godparshuram

You take any cruise missile, they first gain altitude and approach the target in a programmed trajectory, it goes terrain hugging only during its terminal phase. The 2.5 Km's above sea level is a part of its flight envelope and not its limitation. The missile can be programmed for a specific mission and be given a specific trajectory to follow depending on its mission.
If you can't reply a simple question then don't quote me?
Q1>Are those cloud at 2.5KM height from ground????
Q2>Whatever height your subsonic cruise missile fly is it not fall in maximum detection range of radars?
Q3>List name of subsonic ground launch cruise missile flying at this height????

completely agree with you, most of my fellow Indians are banned for some reason. but i see lots of pakistani posters post anything, i mean literally anything and get away with it. you see posters here are senior members, think tank and what not. apart from some very sensible posters all others better ignored
You should not expect neutrality in an another countries forum...especially when they are not in good relation with you...expecting that is the problem not this forum or the moderation...over the years i have seen increase in only trolling chest thumping posts more than anything...only a handful of sensible posters left...earlier you can actually come here and learn something new every time from members who shower their knowledge in their posts...many of them i dont see them anymore.

completely agree with you, most of my fellow Indians are banned for some reason. but i see lots of pakistani posters post anything, i mean literally anything and get away with it. you see posters here are senior members, think tank and what not. apart from some very sensible posters all others better ignored

Because Pakistani posters on indian forums are so readily accepted and treated fairly by indian moderators.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This IS a Pakistani Forum at the end of the day. india and indians are the sworn eternal enemies of the Pakistani race and nation. They yearn for the destruction of the Pakistani race and nation. Hence you will be treated as our enemies.

If you can't reply a simple question then don't quote me?
Q1>Are those cloud at 2.5KM height from ground????
Q2>Whatever height your subsonic cruise missile fly is it not fall in maximum detection range of radars?
Q3>List name of subsonic ground launch cruise missile flying at this height????

Q1. The missile can gain altitude for as high as 4 Kilometers may be even more. Most modern missiles use mixed flight profile meaning that they fly at higher altitude at lower speed for the most part of their flight and dive in to nearly ground level when approaching target.
Q2. The RCS of a cruise missile is a lot too lesser than an aircraft so it may not be an easy prey for the radars but as these missile can change the course and altitude - low to evade radar sites, and high to fly over mountains it'd be difficult to pick up and engage but definitely not impossible unless its a supersonic missile like Brahmos approaching the target.
Q3. Every Cruise missile subsonic or supersonic is designed to fly at a safe altitude of between 4 and 6 Kms. Be it Babur, Tomahawk, Nirbhay or even Brahmos. It totally depends on their mission if that altitude needs to be taken. Brahmos can go supersonic throughout its entire flight terrain hugging/sea skimming with just 3-4 meters above ground/sea.

Ignoring the usual butthurt trolls, this is an excellent achievement. the decade India has spent developing this missile is finally bearing fruit. This is yet another feather in India's cap continuing what has been following two months of successes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom