What's new

Ninth case of rare blood clot recorded in Quebec after woman receives AstraZeneca vaccine

Reaction score
Country
Canada

MONTREAL -- Quebec is reporting a ninth person has experienced vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT) after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The latest case involves a woman who received her first dose of the vaccine, Quebec’s Ministry of Health and Social Services said in a news release issued Tuesday evening. The woman's age was not released.

"The person was taken in charge by the health and social services network and received appropriate care. She is currently recovering at home and the evolution of her health is favourable," the release stated.

Health officials have said reports of blood clots continue to be extremely rare but potentially serious, and should be monitored.

In Quebec, the risk of experiencing a blood clot after the first dose of that specific vaccine stands at one in 50,000 based on the number of shots administered so far in the province. For the second dose, the risk is much lower at about one in 600,000.

The ministry of health is asking anyone who has received a shot of AstraZeneca to contact their physician or Info-Santé if they notice the following symptoms four to 20 days after being immunized: shortness of breath, chest pain, leg swelling or stomach pain, a severe headache or one that has lasted for a few days, blurred vision or bruises on the skin.

In April, a 54-year-old Quebec woman died after experiencing a blood clot following the AstraZeneca vaccine. This is believed to have been the first case of a Canadian dying after receiving that vaccine.

MONTREAL -- Quebec is reporting a ninth person has experienced vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT) after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The latest case involves a woman who received her first dose of the vaccine, Quebec’s Ministry of Health and Social Services said in a news release issued Tuesday evening. The woman's age was not released.

"The person was taken in charge by the health and social services network and received appropriate care. She is currently recovering at home and the evolution of her health is favourable," the release stated.

Health officials have said reports of blood clots continue to be extremely rare but potentially serious, and should be monitored.

In Quebec, the risk of experiencing a blood clot after the first dose of that specific vaccine stands at one in 50,000 based on the number of shots administered so far in the province. For the second dose, the risk is much lower at about one in 600,000.

The ministry of health is asking anyone who has received a shot of AstraZeneca to contact their physician or Info-Santé if they notice the following symptoms four to 20 days after being immunized: shortness of breath, chest pain, leg swelling or stomach pain, a severe headache or one that has lasted for a few days, blurred vision or bruises on the skin.

In April, a 54-year-old Quebec woman died after experiencing a blood clot following the AstraZeneca vaccine. This is believed to have been the first case of a Canadian dying after receiving that vaccine.
Chinese bots at it again. Defending their vaccines and defaming others.

There have been some cases of blood clotting down here in the states.

But compared to the amount of vaccinations given, comes out to very low percentage.

Not sure which vaccine caused them though. I’ve taken the Pfizer one, and I had absolutely no side effects

To be honest, AstraZeneca is a low-quality vaccine.

Most countries that have access to a better vaccine reject it for whatever reasons.

In the end, AstraZeneca becomes a diplomatic tool to be given to hopeless countries.

It looks some sort of a kind act, but for people who really know it, they are giving you garbage.

CTV is Canadian news, not Chinese new.

@krash @waz

Defaming and insulting other members, making up fake propaganda against other members, is against forum rules.
I wasn't taking about news source. Rather the one posting. Defending your failing vaccines in other threads and try to put a bad name to others.

CTV is Canadian news, not Chinese new.

@krash @waz

Defaming and insulting other members, making up fake propaganda against other members, is against forum rules.
@waz @krash

Dudes - kindly permanently ban this idiot from any covid related posts.

He has :
1. Promoted - It is just a flu
2. Claims - he is immune to it.
3. No need to wear masks = his most recent posts were reported.

I swear this person will get people killed. If someone on this forum believe this idiot, I will be willing to fund a liable case to ensure he sees the bars and he is thrown out of waterloo back to his commie land.

I have offered him free ticket to a covid ward here or India. He does not have the balls to take up the offer and try his immunity in reality...... just a fake keyboard warrior.

Open call - IF ANY ONE 's RELATIVE DIED OF THIS IDIOT, PM - ME: we will get a case started against this idiot in Waterloo where we can trace him down on the mathematical dept.

Back
Top Bottom