What's new

Nine foreign films make cut for Oscar shortlist

then dude that suggest standard of desi peoples is low if they just prefer to watch masala movie with same story which is being repeated over and over again
Low or high is for you to decide.
Indian commercial film makers make movie for money(nothing wrong with that) which means they have to make it for mass market.(popular entertainment).
It is not a coincidence that most Indian movies are family drama(more money), with song and dance(music right as insurance so that if movie flops producer recoups the money by selling music rights).

The market is similar in whole south asia and even some ME countries.

There was a movement in 80s to produce movies that are not mainstream(called parallel or art cinema) but in the end they could not survive.(Because no money)

As a personal choice I would say bollywood movies are low in quality compared to hollywood, and hollywood produces quite too many ordinary movies compared to european countries. But that is my personal choice.

The Iranian movies are mostly made by Iranians who are outside Iran, who tell human stories(In a way western audience can understand and like and relate).
It does not in any way represent ordinary Iranian sensibilities, Iranians here can throw more light on that.

Low or high is for you to decide.
Indian commercial film makers make movie for money(nothing wrong with that) which means they have to make it for mass market.(popular entertainment).
It is not a coincidence that most Indian movies are family drama(more money), with song and dance(music right as insurance so that if movie flops producer recoups the money by selling music rights).

The market is similar in whole south asia and even some ME countries.

There was a movement in 80s to produce movies that are not mainstream(called parallel or art cinema) but in the end they could not survive.(Because no money)

As a personal choice I would say bollywood movies are low in quality compared to hollywood, and hollywood produces quite too many ordinary movies compared to european countries. But that is my personal choice.

The Iranian movies are mostly made by Iranians who are outside Iran, who tell human stories(In a way western audience can understand and like and relate).
It does not in any way represent ordinary Iranian sensibilities, Iranians here can throw more light on that.
We can
you're on crack

All Iranian movies follow the neo-realist school of film making. And apart from a few famous film makers, they're all living inside Iran. Only the ones that have beef with the regime are living outside. For example Bahman Ghobadi, who made No One Knows About Persian Cats

Last edited by a moderator:
We can
you're on crack

All Iranian movies follow the neo-realist school of film making. And apart from a few famous film makers, they're all living inside Iran. Only the ones that have beef with the regime are living outside. For example Bahman Ghobadi, who made No One Knows About Persian Cats

Why is it that you never reply to a poster without going personal?? he may have written something wrong which u could have pointed out politely. This is not the first instance i have seen you bad mouthing others, anybody who doesn't agree with you is either high on whatever or a retard is it??

Not really. All of them are made by Iranians that are inside Iran. I don't know how you've come up with that idea. Even directors like Bahman Ghobadi that now are residing outside of Iran, left Iran after they created their movies.

We need to create better cinema, Art is not always about money. Successful directors,producers and actors owe it the country to at least do one movie a year. :undecided:

Why is it that you never reply to a poster without going personal?? he may have written something wrong which u could have pointed out politely. This is not the first instance i have seen you bad mouthing others, anybody who doesn't agree with you is either high on whatever or a retard is it??
I don`t like people who talk out of their behinds.
The US has been spreading propeganda against my country for 32 years through their MASSIVE collection of media outlets all around the world. The people who drink the American cool aid are exactly what you wrote down, high or stupid.

well the film won more prize than golden globe ,it won
1-Golden Bear from Berlin Festival for the Best Film
2- Silver Bear from Berlin Festival for Best Actor and Actress
3- Crystal Simorghs for Best Director from Fajr Film Festival's
4- Crystal Simorghs for Best Screenplay from Fajr Film Festival
5- Crystal Simorghs for Best Cinematographer and Best Sound Recorder from Fajr Film Festival.
6- Best film from Durban international film Festival
7- Best Screenplay from Durban international film festival
8- Golden Arena Award - International Competition for best Film in Pula film festival
9- Official Competition Award - Best Film from Sidney Film Festival
10- Grand Prix: Golden Apricot - Best Film from Yerevan international film Festival
11- Best director from International film Festival of India

when it come to reviews this film is the best reviewed Film of 2011

well the list of the award is more than 50 if you look at Wiki.

A sepration is nice film and its first Persian movie i watched ...

not even a single Bollywood(second largest film industry i suppose) movie for oscar nomination ? :no:

Largest industry does not mean does not mean quality always,

This time, it was a Malayalam movie went for Oscar Nomination ( Aadhaminde Makan Abu) which won several National awards including best film.

Sadly it did not make though I was thinking it will make into last 7.

yes i guess pakistani/Aghani peoples watch Bollywood movies because they understand the languages and love thumkey of girls who hide their beauty behind 7 layers of make up :lol: I was talking about quality . Why they cannot produce a single movie that can qualify for oscar nomination. Whats wrong there?

You talking about quality, how many people watch quality movies? Do you watch?

There are offbeat art good movies releasing in Hindi. Care to check about it anytime? NO you all wants that Masala...thats it.

The movie has received rave reviews. I hope the movie gets a wider release after it wins the Oscar which I am sure it will.

It is not true at all. Abii and Arian explained you well.
There are of course some other movies inside Iran that are not exported, since you should understand the history of Iran its culture to watch it. But it is like all countries. Here in France they export very very few of their movies: most of the movies if you are not expert of France you'd not get the meanings, the jokes, the situations, and so.
But it would be totally wrong to believe these movies are made to please the West. If you really watch the movie, you can see the characters are really Iranians. That's the problem of outsiders who didn't have much perception on our society: when Europeans have visited Iran, 99% of them say then how they are surprised it is so different than what they could think .

Of course in the TV sets of USA sadly when there is an Iranian , he is a terrorist often. lol.
If i see on TV a movie trailer saying a bad guy is Iranian, i look for another channel :D but you see how some TV sets and movies can brainwash people on our culture. See some comments of Americans on websites , that's terrible. Of course i guess most of them are educated, but the weakest ones are the ones who believe everything on movies to be truth, and are quite dangerous (for vote and so)

Look for exemple this advertisment which is right now on Israel TVs
Everything is ridiculous in the movie: people don't look Iranians, the way everything is shown is totally different than Iran. It just shows how misconception on our society exists .

It is not true at all. Abii and Arian explained you well.
There are of course some other movies inside Iran that are not exported, since you should understand the history of Iran its culture to watch it. But it is like all countries. Here in France they export very very few of their movies: most of the movies if you are not expert of France you'd not get the meanings, the jokes, the situations, and so.
But it would be totally wrong to believe these movies are made to please the West. If you really watch the movie, you can see the characters are really Iranians. That's the problem of outsiders who didn't have much perception on our society: when Europeans have visited Iran, 99% of them say then how they are surprised it is so different than what they could think .

Of course in the TV sets of USA sadly when there is an Iranian , he is a terrorist often. lol.
If i see on TV a movie trailer saying a bad guy is Iranian, i look for another channel :D but you see how some TV sets and movies can brainwash people on our culture. See some comments of Americans on websites , that's terrible. Of course i guess most of them are educated, but the weakest ones are the ones who believe everything on movies to be truth, and are quite dangerous (for vote and so)
I totally agree with you there ; People who denigrate here on the stuff Iranians make DO NOT know on appreciating/critiquing good cinema. Baran and Ayneh were terrific movies for learning about story-telling and cinema making which sadly is absent even in the best of Indian movies today. A large part of Bollywood is for brain-dead people who needs to munch popcorn at 200 bucks for 2 hours. The only saving grace are its regional movies which unfortunately are not even appreciated by the folks who speak the same language. I liked Majid Majidi's style the best among Persians until now (saw Baran a couple of years back). I wish India pursue their indie-movie making efforts and we can definitely come out on top given the talent we have.

Recently i watched this Italian movie called Il Ladro di Bambini (The Stolen Children), a beautiful movie. I recommend people to go have a look.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom