What's new

Nigerian Thunders Conduct Their First Sortie

Good to see thunders being flown by another muslim country. I wasn't quite happy to see thunders with Myanmar's flag on them but with a friendly country flying our jets its quite satisfying. Hope NAF gets more of these jets and defend their country well.
Hope to see some aerobatics by NAF pilots on thunders. I am sure initially they will be reluctant to take the new jet to it's limits but after few years they will gain confidence in flying the new platform.

I have mixed feelings - I may be a tad jealous. I do not like the JF-17. However, I am happy to see aircraft being exported out of Asia. Congrats Pakistan and China!

Jealousy is natural, but appreciation for someone's hard work is also natural to very few, especially appreciation of the enemy, so you are among the few.

Things like this do happen - but super rare. Raises a number of questions and should be thoroughly investigated.

A total of 12 people died, so unless the Nigerian thunders have an additional 11 more seats, this has nothing to do with the JF-17 or this thread.

BD has a higher GDP than Pak (according to the Indian analysts’ at WB, IMF etc. based on the BD Hindus’ producing distorted data), but has only 8 front line fighters purchased in 1999....
For your information it is the same imf from which pakistan gets its loans.
also
Bangladesh: Economy | Asian Development Bank (adb.org)
Bangladesh - The World Factbook (cia.gov)
GDP (current US$) - Bangladesh | Data (worldbank.org) (2019 values)
undocumented economy is also a characteristic of many south asian states

an honest man like imran khan who will revitalise Pak acknowledges our achievements

North korea has a bigger air force than many developed countries that doesn't mean it has a better economy. Heck, the republic of ireland doesn't even have an air force !

on topic,
these Fighters should fill the role of NAF jaguars that were retired. It should improve the security situation in Nigeria.

Last edited:
A total of 12 people died, so unless the Nigerian thunders have an additional 11 more seats, this has nothing to do with the JF-17 or this thread.
The Chief was a very pro-PK and pro-China chief. He was a Muslim in a country roughly split. With PK/China getting closer to Nigeria and loosing one of PK/China's closer proponent may just be bad luck, but in events such as these luck seldom plays. That is the connection as Pakistan tries to make a stronger in-road into Nigeria with her defence equipment.

The Chief was a very pro-PK and pro-China chief. He was a Muslim in a country roughly split. With PK/China getting closer to Nigeria and loosing one of PK/China's closer proponent may just be bad luck, but in events such as these luck seldom plays. That is the connection as Pakistan tries to make a stronger in-road into Nigeria with her defence equipment.
Pakistan and Nigeria have historically had strong defense relations, and in fact Pakistan trains Nigerian Military personnel including Nigerian special forces. Pakistan has also sold a number of other equipment to Nigeria, including the Super Mushakh to Nigeria in the past.

Nigeria has a small defense budget, and a fleet of extremely old aircraft, and Pakistan offers cheap alternatives to Western, European and Russian systems. Nigeria won't suddenly stop buying from Pakistan and China, and in fact, this may push the Nigerians to expedite their purchases to replace its vintage fleet of aircrafts.

Wonder what the boys from the Niner (F-16 Unit) were doing in Nigeria.

njf-17.png

Another screen grab shows a PAF Pilot at the controls of Nigerian Thunder.

jf-17n 2.png

Back
Top Bottom