What's new

Nigerian researchers announce COVID-19 vaccine

Tom-tom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaccine expected to be mobilized for widespread use in at least 18 months, says science team leader

thumbs_b_c_bccc9a6b2b68a9ccda222fab78cbd666.jpg

ANKARA

A team of Nigerian scientists has announced the discovery of a preventive vaccine against the novel coronavirus, local media reported Saturday.

"It is our passion to be a solution provider to such a global pandemic, and we are ready to throw our weights behind the team and make the vaccine a reality," news website Leadership quoted the leader of the COVID-19 Research Group, Dr. Oladipo Kolawole.

"The vaccine is real. We have validated it several times. It is targeted at Africans, but will also work for other races. It will work. It cannot be faked. This is a result of the determination. It took a lot of scientific efforts," Kolawole told reporters at Adeleke University in Nigeria's Eda state Friday.

"The population of those that need vaccines is more than those that need drugs. That is why the research focused on a vaccine," he noted.

The study that the vaccine was based on was initially funded by the Trinity Immunodeficient Laboratory and Helix Biogen Consult, Ogbomosho, with roughly 7.8 million Nigerian nairas ($20,000), according to the report.

Kolawole went on to say that his team had worked extensively on the virus's genome from samples across Africa to select the best potential vaccine candidates.

The researchers of the team had made the possible latent vaccine constructs, Kolawole revealed, without naming the vaccine.

He added that it would take a minimum of 18 months to release the vaccine for widespread use, due to a large amount of research, analysis and approvals required by medical authorities.

The highest death toll on the continent has been reported in Egypt with 2,017 fatalities, followed by South Africa with 1,831 deaths, Algeria with 825, Sudan with 506 and Nigeria with 475.

The countries with the highest number of cases were South Africa with 87,715, Egypt with 52,211, Nigeria with 18,480 and Algeria with 11,504.

After originating in Wuhan, China last December, COVID-19 has spread to at least 188 countries and regions.

The pandemic has killed more than 460,000 worldwide, with more than 8.6 million confirmed cases, while recoveries have surpassed 4.2 million, according to figures compiled by Johns Hopkins University in the US.

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/africa/nigerian-researchers-announce-covid-19-vaccine/1883955

How have these guys come up with it with just 20k USD money for research?

High probability this will turn to be a hoax. Proper validation needed from other labs.

The UK has been conducting vaccine trials since last month, apparently the vaccine is easy to come up with the issue is that testing can take more than a year.

The prince has the vaccine, all you have to do is deposit some money for the transfer.

My Dear

Please pay attention.

My name is Dr. Jean Luc Picard Wololo, I need trust and reliable person, understand my reason of contacting you today through this email. I am a Nigerian Prince Doctor, son of mighty Doctor King of Nigeria, Dr. Luc Picard Hululu. Unfortunately my kingdom has been destroyed by the latest American plane accident that fell on my very large palace, all my family was killed and now my evil enemies want to kidnap me and torture me to give all my family wealth to them. Luckily my might Doctor King of Nigeria father, developed the vaccine for Covid-19 last night over a game of a Pakistani favorite board game, LUDO. The movement of the pieces of Ludo are very similar to the workings of the COVID-19 virus and he was able to quickly make a serum that worked on my vegetable uncle.

After taking the serum, he was off the ventilator and able to walk again, unfortunately that is when the plane struck my large palace and made pataka out of everyone. Right now with your help, I can quickly send you 6 vials of the anti-virus, 1 you can take for yourself, others you can duplicate and sell, along with the vials I will transfer you $40,000,000.00. This should help with the quick production of the vaccine, please send me your details and I will send you my mighty doctor king of Nigeria father's life's work.

Yours FAITHFULLY,
Dr. Jean Luc Picard Wololo
Expert Fraudist

Vaccine expected to be mobilized for widespread use in at least 18 months, says science team leader

thumbs_b_c_bccc9a6b2b68a9ccda222fab78cbd666.jpg

ANKARA

A team of Nigerian scientists has announced the discovery of a preventive vaccine against the novel coronavirus, local media reported Saturday.

"It is our passion to be a solution provider to such a global pandemic, and we are ready to throw our weights behind the team and make the vaccine a reality," news website Leadership quoted the leader of the COVID-19 Research Group, Dr. Oladipo Kolawole.

"The vaccine is real. We have validated it several times. It is targeted at Africans, but will also work for other races. It will work. It cannot be faked. This is a result of the determination. It took a lot of scientific efforts," Kolawole told reporters at Adeleke University in Nigeria's Eda state Friday.

"The population of those that need vaccines is more than those that need drugs. That is why the research focused on a vaccine," he noted.

The study that the vaccine was based on was initially funded by the Trinity Immunodeficient Laboratory and Helix Biogen Consult, Ogbomosho, with roughly 7.8 million Nigerian nairas ($20,000), according to the report.

Kolawole went on to say that his team had worked extensively on the virus's genome from samples across Africa to select the best potential vaccine candidates.

The researchers of the team had made the possible latent vaccine constructs, Kolawole revealed, without naming the vaccine.

He added that it would take a minimum of 18 months to release the vaccine for widespread use, due to a large amount of research, analysis and approvals required by medical authorities.

The highest death toll on the continent has been reported in Egypt with 2,017 fatalities, followed by South Africa with 1,831 deaths, Algeria with 825, Sudan with 506 and Nigeria with 475.

The countries with the highest number of cases were South Africa with 87,715, Egypt with 52,211, Nigeria with 18,480 and Algeria with 11,504.

After originating in Wuhan, China last December, COVID-19 has spread to at least 188 countries and regions.

The pandemic has killed more than 460,000 worldwide, with more than 8.6 million confirmed cases, while recoveries have surpassed 4.2 million, according to figures compiled by Johns Hopkins University in the US.

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/africa/nigerian-researchers-announce-covid-19-vaccine/1883955

How have these guys come up with it with just 20k USD money for research?
There are over 100 vaccines in the making right now.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom