What's new

Nigeria Receives Delivery of JF-17 Thunders

finally Pakistan among few countries in the world which exports fighter jets.

i wonder why we cannt make electronics and cars when we can make a fighter jet.
Did you ever read a fairy tale called "Kahilon ki shehzadi" growing up???

The deal is around $185 million.. it can't be for just 3 JF-17s with their weapons.. or it will mean $60 million each!?
Plus training, maintenance, infrastructure...etc. initial costs tend to be a lot. If Nigeria buys more, and its probably likely they will, then future costs will likely be lower.

Plus training, maintenance, infrastructure...etc. initial costs tend to be a lot. If Nigeria buys more, and its probably likely they will, then future costs will likely be lower.
Yes mostly infrastructure..
Nigeria will buy 10 more JF-17..

Then Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, All of Africa, Azerbaijan/other Central Asian states, Argentina/Latin America, Malaysia/SE Asia.

Bro I'm telling you this beauty can sell like hot cakes if the faujis manage to get a solid marketing team. And romance some generals and pilots at special pro.otion ceremonies. Other than all this marketing stuff on top our jet has made a name for itself by being a low cost yet potent aircraft. What it delivers for the price is hard to pass up esp Blk III

Problem isn't marketing it is production. China and Pakistan don't have the capacity to make more without building more factories and making more parts/components. We also limited by the jet engines manufacturing capacity.

So you're saying you understand the Americans better than the turkish military themselves?

End of the day, F-16 is an american product. Unless Turkey cuts ties from NATO. Turkey will always suffer from restriction from american and forced to do america bidding.

The american even question PAF used of F-16 in Feb 27 2019 LOC clash. More or less show assertive american is in control of their equipment.
Problem isn't marketing it is production. China and Pakistan don't have the capacity to make more without building more factories and making more parts/components. We also limited by the jet engines manufacturing capacity.
It will depend on demand. Production can be ramp up if needed. And engine is never a problem. Especially China and Russia r/s is at all time high.

The american even question PAF used of F-16 in Feb 27 2019 LOC clash. More or less show assertive american is in control of their equipment.

That is because their Officials were never informed of it's use at that time and placed at unauthorized places, However they took no action other than giving a warning which is understandable, they knew Pakistan was in a do or die moment and it would be inevitable.

That is because their Officials were never informed of it's use at that time and placed at unauthorized places, However they took no action other than giving a warning which is understandable, they knew Pakistan was in a do or die moment and it would be inevitable.
Such product not worth getting. I am sure other western allies using F-16 has no such restriction or even protocol.

American always set different standard for different level of allies. I put it blalantly is double standard.

Great mile Stone for Pakistan

• 150+ JF 17 Thunders for Pakistan Airforce

Export Package 1
  • Thunders Package for Myannamar

Export Package 2
  • Nigera

Which country will be next ?
  • Azerbaijan
  • ??????

Technical Staff in Nigeria

ExcPL7mXAAI8kzN.jpg
ExcPL7PWEAcKeQJ.jpg

Nigerians are known to be most corrupt nation on the planet. Although they are flush with funds from oil sales, the corruption by everyone with any power, means limited funds are available for public services and military expenditures. Majority is shifted to foreign bank accounts and property purchases.

A Nigerian buddy of mine described the situation there...it not good at all.

Consider this... Nigeria doesn't have a functioning oil refinery so all petrol is refined abroad and this means high costs to the consumer.

Don't be too optimistic about further sales to Nigeria and also if we actually receive any payments for these planes.
Unfortunately, you are telling only truth and facts about Nigeria. Things can be turned around, but they have to SOON or else there will be damage.

As a half Nigeria, i am happy about this purchase by Nigeria and transaction between Pakistan and NIgeria- 2 natural brotherly nations. Yes, 4 jets sounds small, so it might be a "pilot" programme but once Nigerian military is happy with it, orders for more are very likely.

A 50 Plane JF17 airforce would be ideal for friendly Nigerian Airforce
Considering they are a oil producing nation it should not be a difficult task to grow the fleet to at least 50 crafts
Look at Nigeria's social and economic situation first, Its not that simple.

If Nigeria had that kind of oil money, they'd be buying far more advanced fighters. They're buying thunders precisely because the jf17 is cheap to buy and operate.

Besides, they don't really need a large air force right now.

There are other reasons as well, I am not sure how much detail is out in the public, but I'll say only that Pakistan provided them full active support with our personnel and equipment in their fight against boko haram. our live-streamed (LMTF) capabilities and support in difficult times impressed them and thus their decision to buy from Pakistan.

Look at Nigeria's social and economic situation first, Its not that simple.

If Nigeria had that kind of oil money, they'd be buying far more advanced fighters. They're buying thunders precisely because the jf17 is cheap to buy and operate.

Besides, they don't really need a large air force right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom