What's new

Next-Gen Chinese AAM for JF-17 Block III

This cannot be overstated. Pak procurement makes no sense whatsoever - at least to my banking mind. They'll pay 60 bucks for an outdated model because they say they can't afford the 100 dollar one but will come back 5-10 years later seeking a 80 buck replacement for the old model to bring it up to the level of the 100 dollar one. It happens over and over again. Lack of funds or options does not fully explain it. It's infuriating.
Ill explain it using a business mind- why would you as a seller/buyer in one go buy something you're going to be able to keep for a long time? If someone is paying you money to spend, would you rather not ensure that you are able to keep the maximum in your pocket whilst being able to justify needing more money in a few years again...

Ill explain it using a business mind- why would you as a seller/buyer in one go buy something you're going to be able to keep for a long time? If someone is paying you money to spend, would you rather not ensure that you are able to keep the maximum in your pocket whilst being able to justify needing more money in a few years again...

But there is nothing unique about the PAF in all this corruption. It runs equally in all aspects of civil and military affairs. Why do people on this forum flog the PAF like a step child all the time?

But there is nothing unique about the PAF in all this corruption. It runs equally in all aspects of civil and military affairs. Why do people on this forum flog the PAF like a step child all the time?
If it was only people on this forum...
The PAF is flogged as corrupt by even the best at NESCOM & SPD; these are some of the most brightest and hard working minds(except the leeches with yellow or red in their reports who end up being shunted here by the Army in its flawed policy).

The Army is corrupt, but that corruption has an average that "suits"(makes me sick using that word) the Army's size.

The PAF otoh has cases where corruption cases could rival Zardari's greed and dishonesty.

Attempts are made to alleviate this but especially in engineering and logistics it seems like an open season.

The PAF is flogged as corrupt by even the best at NESCOM & SPD; these are some of the most brightest and hard working minds(except the leeches with yellow or red in their reports who end up being shunted here by the Army in its flawed policy).

The Army is corrupt, but that corruption has an average that "suits"(makes me sick using that word) the Army's size.

The PAF otoh has cases where corruption cases could rival Zardari's greed and dishonesty.

Attempts are made to alleviate this but especially in engineering and logistics it seems like an open season.

Thank you for opening my eyes. I wish there was something I could do about it...

Military organisations should not involve in commercial ventures, not even FTR&D. That raises suspicions. PAF is one remarkable organisation despite the pitfalls in transparency to which i agree. Things are not that gloomy though. I will not equate it to zardari-madari &/or panama family.

Sd-10 specs http://www.deagel.com/Defensive-Weapons/PL-12_a001825001.aspx

If pl15 speculated specs are correct then pl16 is slimmer 200mm vs 203 mm and almost same length plus shorter wing span so it can save space for internal carriage as well as external spacing if being put on multi pylons

Other speculations it may have dual mode data link meaning like aim120 d missile talks back to source like radar awacs etc and not just receives updates from ;)

Last edited:
Military organisations should not involve in commercial ventures, not even FTR&D. That raises suspicions. PAF is one remarkable organisation despite the pitfalls in transparency to which i agree. Things are not that gloomy though. I will not equate it to zardari-madari &/or panama family.

Hi,

It is so true---who is going to blow the whistle when the project fails or has major issues---who is going to bad mouth the other party---

And the best or the worst of all---who is going to push the manufacturer harder to make a better product---.

Blunders like going for the French fire control radar and the EW suite---when the whole world knew that the French would sabotage it at the last moment---and only the Paf did not believe it---.

Time frame for integration---what a hoopla there was---1 to 2 years---. Now it is 10 years and still half way---.

For that very reason---world air forces do not build their own aircraft.

Now---don't get me wrong---it is a great project---but when you have an enemy like India next door and war at a moments notice---and a massive shortage of frontline aircraft---then there are issues in the planning.

PAF is a remarkable org. & FC1 is a miraculous child. An organisation decided it will go for the ultimate and achieved it under some very desperate conditions (I am privy to it). It is an unusual situation. Defence and AeSp manufacturing ideally should exist in separation under standard rules of governance & audit.
Hi,

It is so true---who is going to blow the whistle when the project fails or has major issues---who is going to bad mouth the other party---

And the best or the worst of all---who is going to push the manufacturer harder to make a better product---.

Blunders like going for the French fire control radar and the EW suite---when the whole world knew that the French would sabotage it at the last moment---and only the Paf did not believe it---.

Time frame for integration---what a hoopla there was---1 to 2 years---. Now it is 10 years and still half way---.

For that very reason---world air forces do not build their own aircraft.

Now---don't get me wrong---it is a great project---but when you have an enemy like India next door and war at a moments notice---and a massive shortage of frontline aircraft---then there are issues in the planning.

Back
Top Bottom