What's new

Nexon ev electric car

Kona has 452 km. Funny part is Hyundai Kona is listed at around only 350 km in Canada. But it can also due to part people use heaters during winters in snow.

I love their Tata Esedan concept.
Kona has 2 battery sizes, 41 kwh and 61 kwh. In India they have introduced only the 40 kwh one and charge 25 lacs for it.
In usa they sell the 61 kwh one for 25 lacs.

Kona has 452 km. Funny part is Hyundai Kona is listed at around only 350 km in Canada. But it can also due to part people use heaters during winters in snow.

I love their Tata Esedan concept.
Yeah but Kona costs around 25 Lakhs. Nexon is 13-16.

Yeah but Kona costs around 25 Lakhs. Nexon is 13-16.
25 lacs nearly puts in entry level luxury car market. Tata is going to release a hatchback ev this year which might be cheaper than the nexon ev. Except that to sell well.
Biggest issue with price is that the 2 main items the battery pack and motor are both imported. And the actual range is around 225 km. Get the price around 10 lakhs and increase range to 350 km and you have a winner.

Something other than wars and conflicts.
So tata has released a electric vehicle nexon ev ,a month back in India, which might be a game changer.
India has had a few homegrown electric cars in the past but most were either complete dogs or the range was really less. Mahindra had a car , with a range of 100 km and tata had a car tigor ev released a year back with a similar range.
The nexon is a different beast.

Range on paper of 310 km , actual 225 km to 250 km in normal driving.

Now I took a test drive a week back and the experience is eye openingly different from a normal ic engine.
No vibration, no noise ,minimalistic interiors .
And put it in sports mode and enjoy getting pushed back into your seat while accelerating. Didnt expect the acceleration.

Best is the price, Rs 14 lakhs for the base model. With some states like delhi giving rebates, it could be a good city buy.

Loved the car but waiting for another tata ev hatchback release later in the year , which might be even cheaper.

Electric cars are easy to make. Batteries are hard. When will India have the indigenous capability to design and produce batteries?

Electric cars are easy to make. Batteries are hard. When will India have the indigenous capability to design and produce batteries?
Tata the manufacturer of this car is planning to start manufacturing batteries in Gujarat for this car in a years time. Hope you are aware that li-ion batteries are not a high tech item ? It always boils down to economics. China has made everything very cheap.

25 lacs nearly puts in entry level luxury car market. Tata is going to release a hatchback ev this year which might be cheaper than the nexon ev. Except that to sell well.
Biggest issue with price is that the 2 main items the battery pack and motor are both imported. And the actual range is around 225 km. Get the price around 10 lakhs and increase range to 350 km and you have a winner.

I would say for the same price a car sells in India I could get an entry level luxury car brand here. For 20 lakhs here, I could get an highest trim of any car with all safety features available.
India should compulsory mandate safety features. It's also an issue Indian electronic automotive hasn't improved and just follows copy paste from market leaders.

I would say for the same price a car sells in India I could get an entry level luxury car brand here. For 20 lakhs here, I could get an highest trim of any car with all safety features available.
India should compulsory mandate safety features. It's also an issue Indian electronic automotive hasn't improved and just follows copy paste from market leaders.
I think 35k usd is the entry point for cheapest luxury car brands in usa atleast. That's around 25 lakhs. Tata is the biggest fool under this ratan guy. They have squandered billions in acquiring useless companies like British steel and jaguar in uk , just for the badge name. They could have revolutionized car manufacturing in India with the same investment.

Something other than wars and conflicts.
So tata has released a electric vehicle nexon ev ,a month back in India, which might be a game changer.
India has had a few homegrown electric cars in the past but most were either complete dogs or the range was really less. Mahindra had a car , with a range of 100 km and tata had a car tigor ev released a year back with a similar range.
The nexon is a different beast.

Range on paper of 310 km , actual 225 km to 250 km in normal driving.

Now I took a test drive a week back and the experience is eye openingly different from a normal ic engine.
No vibration, no noise ,minimalistic interiors .
And put it in sports mode and enjoy getting pushed back into your seat while accelerating. Didnt expect the acceleration.

Best is the price, Rs 14 lakhs for the base model. With some states like delhi giving rebates, it could be a good city buy.

Loved the car but waiting for another tata ev hatchback release later in the year , which might be even cheaper.
nice. I would love to own an electric car

Going by that logic, when will Pakistan have the capability to design and produce an indigenous car?
I think doodoo is of Chinese extraction. Let's not spoil this thread.

nice. I would love to own an electric car
Useful as a 2nd car for city driving. Once you have driven a electric car, IC cars lose their charm. I have a new ciaz at home and after my test drive of the ev , I am always comparing the two

I think doodoo is of Chinese extraction. Let's not spoil this thread.

Useful as a 2nd car for city driving. Once you have driven a electric car, IC cars lose their charm. I have a new ciaz at home and after my test drive of the ev , I am always comparing the two
how much Ciaz costs in india?

Other than the initial experience, which I believe is pretty exhilarating, how's it feel after using it for a few months?

how much Ciaz costs in india?
I have the top auto petrol model , which cost me 11.2 lakhs. It's a maruti Suzuki , not popular in Pakistan.

Other than the initial experience, which I believe is pretty exhilarating, how's it feel after using it for a few months?
Just a test drive of half hour. Not buying it , just bought a new car.
You can check out teambhp for reviews. I believe the first few deliveries have just started this week.

I have the top auto petrol model , which cost me 11.2 lakhs. It's a maruti Suzuki , not popular in Pakistan.

Just a test drive of half hour. Not buying it , just bought a new car.
You can check out teambhp for reviews. I believe the first few deliveries have just started this week.
Naah, just got a Baleno last year, happy with it for now.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom