What's new

Nexon ev electric car

Naah, just got a Baleno last year, happy with it for now.
I have a Honda city diesel top end since 2015. I am in market for a new car. I want to check out ev but I am worried about its durability given the whole segment is pretty new. I don't want to get caught off hand into buying something that won't be vogue in 2 years.

I have a Honda city diesel top end since 2015. I am in market for a new car. I want to check out ev but I am worried about its durability given the whole segment is pretty new. I don't want to get caught off hand into buying something that won't be vogue in 2 years.
Only as a second car for city driving.
In Europe and usa , EVs are booming but in China, before the wuhan virus , EV sales had dropped by 20 % yoy.
Take a test drive, especially in sports mode.

Copy cat job by Chinese companies again! Geely-Kandi subsidiary Fengsheng Automobiles has launched the Maple 30X electric SUV that looks like a shameless copy of Tata Nexon. Don't believe? Watch it yourself!
By:Pradeep ShahUpdated: April 24, 2020 4:18 PM
660-16.jpg

In the past, we have been bringing you examples of how Chinese companies have been shamelessly copying vehicle designs which clearly reflects the lack of creativity and innovation. One of our series even puts a focus on Chinese copy bikes that are currently on sale in Pakistan. Today’s story, however, is about a car named Maple 30X and its design looks clearly copied from the Tata Nexon SUV that is quite a popular vehicle in India. The Chinese SUV in question is a fully electric one and is now available in China for a starting price of RMB 68,800 that translates to Rs 7.5 lakh as per the Indian currency. China, apart from being from the hotspot of Covid-19 virus, is also a hotspot for affordable and cheap electric cars and the Maple 30X is the latest example of such a vehicle."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fi...s-maple-30x-copy-cat-cars-china/1938555/lite/

Whats wrong with you Chinese ? Why can't you be original ?

this is good effort by india who are new in this sector but shape of this car seems unstable and can lead to accidents due to lack of balance at high speed,I hope Pakistan also make progress in electric cars and not limited to announcement of ev policies by govt without any progress as happening in past few years

Copy cat job by Chinese companies again! Geely-Kandi subsidiary Fengsheng Automobiles has launched the Maple 30X electric SUV that looks like a shameless copy of Tata Nexon. Don't believe? Watch it yourself!
By:Pradeep ShahUpdated: April 24, 2020 4:18 PM
660-16.jpg

In the past, we have been bringing you examples of how Chinese companies have been shamelessly copying vehicle designs which clearly reflects the lack of creativity and innovation. One of our series even puts a focus on Chinese copy bikes that are currently on sale in Pakistan. Today’s story, however, is about a car named Maple 30X and its design looks clearly copied from the Tata Nexon SUV that is quite a popular vehicle in India. The Chinese SUV in question is a fully electric one and is now available in China for a starting price of RMB 68,800 that translates to Rs 7.5 lakh as per the Indian currency. China, apart from being from the hotspot of Covid-19 virus, is also a hotspot for affordable and cheap electric cars and the Maple 30X is the latest example of such a vehicle."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fi...s-maple-30x-copy-cat-cars-china/1938555/lite/

Whats wrong with you Chinese ? Why can't you be original ?
I can believe it if the Chinese are copying USA, or UK or Japan or Germany. But i cannot believe Chinese copying India, ha ha

I can believe it if the Chinese are copying USA, or UK or Japan or Germany. But i cannot believe Chinese copying India, ha ha
Not the first time.

Pakistani-Chinese bike Sigma Lion is a shocking copy of Bajaj Pulsar RS200 for 3 lakh!
Sigma Motorsports is giving a warranty with the Lion 150 but the figure will leave you in a state whether to laugh or not. Just 1500 km which means by the time you end your road trip from Delhi to Mumbai on it, the warranty will end.
By:Pradeep ShahUpdated: July 3, 2018 1:39 PM
sigma-lion-medium.png
Sigma Lion 150

Previously, we shared the details of Pakistani Bullet 70 to give you a laugh and now, we have come up with an equally interesting motorcycle. The bike that we are are referring to is the Sigma Lion 150 and it is manufactured by a Chinese brand called Zongsheng. The bike is imported and sold in Pakistan by a brand called Sigma Motorsports. The name Lion 150 is actually a bit difficult to digest at first and what’s even more shocking is its striking resemblance with Bajaj Pulsar RS200 that is currently on sale in India and some international markets. The front end of this bike gets the same bumblebee appearance along with similar projector headlamps. There is no denying the fact that Chinese brands have mastered the art of copying stuff and you will find multiple other examples.
sigma-lion-2.jpg
Sigma Lion 150 in black green paint scheme

And its not a laughing matter as the original vehicle is made after a lot of effort and sweat and The investment in r&d . Its a kick in the teeth as the r&d cost is zero for the copy and their product can be priced cheaper.

this is good effort by india who are new in this sector but shape of this car seems unstable and can lead to accidents due to lack of balance at high speed,I hope Pakistan also make progress in electric cars and not limited to announcement of ev policies by govt without any progress as happening in past few years
5 star international safety rating .

Funny enough India is not really new in electric cars.
The Indian made Reva was sold as the G whiz in uk in the early 2000s. A total of around 5000 were sold worldwide.
Mahindra and tata have had sedans and compact electric cars for the last 5 years but with range of only 100 to 140 km , they were a niche product.

The owners have started receiving their nexon evs after the shutdown and their perceptives are coming on YouTube.
My takeaways from his videos-
1. Ambassador cars still around in Calcutta.
2. Acceleration in sports mode is captured well by this guy. I could feel the rush.
3. Real use range is around 200 to 220 km. Ok for city driving but not for a long trip. 2nd car material.
4. Calcutta is one shabby looking metro. Bad roads , dilapidated buildings, old cars ,etc. Mamta banarjee is keeping her promise of keeping everyone poor.

With more than 2000 nexon ev cars hitting the roads in India in the last 6 months , the owners have started planning meets.
I wish tata had used a 40 to 45 kwh battery instead of the 30 kwh , inplace of the luxury knickknacks in the higher variants. Rsnge anxiety is the number one grouse of early adopters.

"Tata Nexon EV records best month with 650 units, boosts Tata Motors' June sales
Tata Motors on Thursday has announced its June 2021 sales numbers. The homegrown auto manufacturer has sold a total of 24,110 passenger vehicles last month. The automaker has claimed that Nexon EV has registered the best-ever monthly sales with 650 units in June 2021. The Nexon EV has remained at the top of the Indian electric passenger vehicle list with more than 4,500 units till date."

Nexon ev sales have doubled from 300 to 600 per month. People are generally happy with the car.
This guy has successfully developed and installed a cruise control module on his nexon ev. Cruise control effects regeneration in ev's and is not a popular feature in low range evs like nexon. But he has given a option to potential owners.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom