What's new

#NEWSALERT: MIG 27 crashes in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan. More details awaited...

What would pilots do if the machine itself is faulty?? they are called test pilot for reason, incompetency of HAL is another topic...

Definitely, pilot is not to be blamed for fault in machine ... but there should be some stringent standards of QA to be in place at HAL or some are not following it with responsibility.
So in reference to the safety of pilot's life, HAL is directly related to the issue and is not another topic.

Definitely, pilot is not to be blamed for fault in machine ... but there should be some stringent standards of QA to be in place at HAL or some are not following it with responsibility.
So in reference to the safety of pilot's life, HAL is directly related to the issue and is not another topic.
correct but incompetency of HAL is related to reservation for low caste students who get jobs based on their caste certificates and not based on merit, students of general category(nearly 55% population) with 90% marks have dark future in India, SC/ST students with 45% marks get jobs in PSU's and DPSU's, govt pleases them for votes and hence the nation suffers, this happens only in Govt agencies except armed forces and private sectors where merit based recruitment is done, this is where problem lies.Incompetency is a habit that develops over time and is trademark of weak people.

correct but incompetency of HAL is related to reservation for low caste students who get jobs based on their caste certificates and not based on merit, students of general category(nearly 55% population) with 90% marks have dark future in India, SC/ST students with 45% marks get jobs in PSU's and DPSU's, govt pleases them for votes and hence the nation suffers, this happens only in Govt agencies except armed forces and private sectors where merit based recruitment is done, this is where problem lies.Incompetency is a habit that develops over time and is trademark of weak people.

Now here comes the other side of the coin ... agreed with you, definitely 'murder of merit' affects the overall rating of an organisation but in countries like ours, you could not avoid such happenings.
On the other hand, organisations should develop an internal mechanism to filter such benefited class to get in a sensitive position which could directly impact a life of human being and in this case India lost two highly experienced sons of soil - in a very tragic crash - RIP.

Garima Abrol, wife of squardon leader Samir Abrol killed in a Mirage 2000 crash says something wrong with the system

51726493_1104103039928067_1850594944197066752_n.jpg

Garima Abrol

10 February at 09:12 ·
I am Garima Abrol…..I am the wife of Martyr Squadron Leader Samir Abrol….whose tears are still not dry…It still hasn’t sunk in that you are gone. No one has the answer to my questions. Why YOU ?

My husband was a proud Indian and i loved sending him off to serve the nation with a morning cup of tea and a head held high.

Every soldier’s wife’s biggest fear in life is when her husband would be called to the front line and serve in an active war. I too had this fear. Many a times I woke up crying after having one such bad dream…But Samir would hold me, console me and tell me…that is the ultimate purpose of his job…to be able to serve our nation when the call comes…He wanted me to be brave, as that’s what he was, a brave soldier, patriot to the core.

Such is the job of a soldier…it does not bring you fame…no one cries when you leave but the family…It does not make you a celebrity…the media covers it for a day and drops it just like they have done for the pilots who have met the same untimely fate before Samir…Then everyone forgets about it.

How many more of these pilots have to give up their life to shake you up and make you realise there is something really wrong in the system?

A pilot is not made in a day, it takes a decade of training for their souls to get molded for the job…How many fighters have to give up their life for you to wake up?
I do not want any other sister of the Armed Force family to suffer the pain that I am going through. Words can’t describe how painful it is out here alone without my better half, my BATMAN.

I need answers...

Whilst its just another story and incident for some, i will keep fighting for the cause that took you away from me.
#Respect
He served his country. Bravo.

Now here comes the other side of the coin ... agreed with you, definitely 'murder of merit' affects the overall rating of an organisation but in countries like ours, you could not avoid such happenings.
On the other hand, organisations should develop an internal mechanism to filter such benefited class to get in a sensitive position which could directly impact a life of human being and in this case India lost two highly experienced sons of soil - in a very tragic crash - RIP.
Floor shop jobs belong to engineers and diploma candidates, these are the very same people that climb up the ladder and then become branch managers and team leaders, Govt believes in vote>pilots lives, hence they won't rejig the system, who would risk his Raj?

mig-27 are still flying ? they have been retired almost 10 times .

These are Mig-27 UPGs. To be phased out by 2024.

Comprehension problem. Stressing capabilities means simply simulating a war time flight pattern, or just higher than normal. It implies an accompanying increase in maintenance operarions as well, and any short comings would show up very quickly. The crash will be investigated, root causes found, and steps taken to remove them, thus increasing war time preparedness.

My comment was based on the spate of crashes seen in various different types of aircraft within a short period of time.

Logical comment of yours earlier. Increased sortie rates with stress on low level interdiction as part of the Exercise which is ongoing. At the level they were flying, could have been any reason. Will wait for Court of Inquiry report to be publicized.

Back
Top Bottom