What's new

News from Bangladesh-Updates and Discussion

BNP supporters are definitely nationalist and Islamic minded however BNP leader Begum Zia failed to recognized opportunist and dalal within her close circle. Biggest blunder she made was promoting Midget Moeen u Ahmmed as Cheif of Amry. She was warned about this ghaddar.

Khaleda is a very poor judge of people's characters, this is her Achilles's heel. Apart from that she has a very shallow understanding of the forces she is up against. BAL and its supporters simply exploit these two weaknesses and as long as she remains the way she was I see no reason for BNP to ever topple the BAL regime. It's a hallucination on the part of those who are at the receiving end of the BAL's ruthless persecution.

Are you really a true Bangladeshi patriot, or an Indian agent/ or a die hard brain washed Awami League?
WHY ARE YOU THEN EVEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS FORUM, SPITTING VENGENGE AND SPREADING LIES ALL THE TIME?

Get educated yourself and get yourself familiar to this forum first. I dont have to confess anything to you and you dont have any right to abuse anyone out of nowhere, what Im senior BD patriotic members of this forum are aware of. What did you see in my above post that the replies popped in your head? MC ISIS supporter asad71 duplicate id.

Last edited:
JUST CHECKED YOU OUT. BOTH FROM DHAKA AND KHULNA SIMULTANEOUSLY? YOU ARE A FRAUD AND AN INDIAN RAW AGENT, MASQUERADING AS A\ND MISUSING OUR FLAG. KID.

YOU JOINED IN 2014, WHILE I HAVE BEEN HER SINCE 2006.
WHATS YOUR EDUCATION LEVEL MAY I ASK?
ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS CALLING SOMEONE AS JAMAATI OR ISIS, WHAT ELSE DO YOU KNOW?.

I AM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT MY LEVEL HERE IN THIS KEYBOARD FORUM.
LETS TALK ABOUT YOUR IN REAL POSITION IN LIFE

Hey RAW fraud your joining date doesnt represent anything. These forums can award people with different ranks who they think are useful and from BD they gave ranks to ISI agents. And joining dates are easily manipulable. First keep on posting for 2 years relentlessly, then come to inquire some one. Brainfart like you should care if you are misusing BD flag and your jamati likes. What I suspect, you are an Indian yourself trying to find people like yourself. I frequently visit both Khulna and Dhaka with balanced position in both areas throughout my lifetime, its my wish to show my interest areas, none of your concern. My education is from top levels of BD you can imagine. Enough to reveal anything of myself to people like you whom are famous to hack someone stalking online ids.

^^

I'm really tired of some frustrated individuals turning a nice thread into a personal platform for name calling and vendettas.

The rest of us are not interested.

Please take your off-topic personal attacks elsewhere to discuss. Posts reported.

Thanks for taking care of this Moderators......

On a more on-topic note, the time has come and gone in Bangladesh when politics happens just for politics' sake.

Khaleda may have made a few mistakes politically (and she was surrounded by short-sighted advisers to boot), but her main problem was that her cohorts concentrated too much on swiping percentages and not enough on developmental activities. At least not as much as being done as now during the AL tenure.

I've said this before. I'm not a huge fan of Hasina's however one cannot deny that significant development activity has followed her tenure. Not as much maybe as it is trumpeted, but definitely more than during Khaleda's tenure.

Khaleda failed to surround herself with effective bureaucrats and administrators.

And no administration in Bangladesh can openly oppose Indian influence in local politics in the future. To do so will always be self defeating. Detente with India needed to exist for political as well as trade relations benefits a long time ago.

And Hasina needs to stop barking at Pakistan. It is not our place and it doesn't earn us brownie points either.

Last edited:
It is not our place and it doesn't earn us brownie points either.
As long as it serves the wishes of those truly controlling the country. Like it or not, majority of you may somewhat agree with me.
And Hasina needs to stop barking at Pakistan.
I hate our reaction. No reaction from our side, seriously?

As long as it serves the wishes of those truly controlling the country. Like it or not, majority of you may somewhat agree with me.

We may agree - but where does that get us anyway?

For now - good relations with India (in whatever form) is paramount. Whomever is in the 'masnad' in Dhaka cannot anger whomever sits in the 'masnad' in Delhi. This is reality.

The alternative would be taking jobs (and roti, kapra, makaan) away from the people and arming ourselves to the teeth to oppose Delhi, but at what cost?

Ultimately appeasement of Delhi (and trade) may bear better fruit, considering our large land borders.

Appeasement of Beijing will also go on - but mainly in trade and industry and for transferred export manufacturing.

Becoming economically strong is not a weakness in the longer term.

I hate our reaction. No reaction from our side, seriously?
The Pakistani Govt. has been wise in not reacting to Hasina's wild rantings. She is almost psychotic about the whole issue of her family's death and whoever was behind it (most people would be). A head of state needs a different frame of mind and demeanor.

I can assure you most people in Bangladesh aren't really that much hateful toward Pakistan. 45 years have passed.

For that matter - most people in Bangladesh don't hate India either.

We have - shall we say, a 'vocal majority' here in PDF Bangladesh section, spewing their hatred for both countries.

Reality on the ground is different.

Reality on the ground is different
Yes, it is. But Bangladeshi people are patriotic and very ware of their own national interests. So in PDF standard they would immediately be labeled as PK/India haters. It's the irony of Internet. So being a hater or not doesn't matter.

President of China His Excellency Xi Jin Ping's visit to Bangladesh

21_Chinese+President_Xi+Jinping_141016_0009.jpg
21_Chinese+President_Xi+Jinping_141016_0007.jpg
21_Chinese+President_Xi+Jinping_141016_0002.jpg
21_Chinese+President_Xi+Jinping_141016_0003.jpg
28_Chinese+President_Xi+Jinping_141016_0001.jpg
28_Chinese+President_Xi+Jinping_141016_0003.jpg
21_Chinese+President_Xi+Jinping_141016_0010.jpg

জামায়াতের নতুন আমির স্মরণ করলেন বঙ্গবন্ধুকে, শ্রদ্ধা জানালেন মুক্তিযোদ্ধাদের
বাংলা ট্রিবিউন রিপোর্ট২০:৩৭, অক্টোবর ১৭, ২০১৬

জামায়াতে ইসলামীর আমির হিসেবে শপথ নেওয়ার পর দেওয়া বক্তব্যে বঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিবুর রহমান ও মুক্তিযোদ্ধাদের স্মরণ করলেন মকবুল আহমাদ। সোমবার রাজধানীর একটি মিলনায়তনে শপথ নেওয়ার পর মকবুল আহমাদ বলেন, ‘১৯৭১ সালের মহান মুক্তিযুদ্ধে যে সব সাধারণ মানুষ ও বীর মুক্তিযুদ্ধাদের বীরত্বপূর্ণ ভূমিকা ও অকৃত্রিম ত্যাগের বিনিময়ে আমরা স্বাধীন-স্বার্বভৌম বাংলাদেশ পেয়েছি, তাদের কথা আজ গভীর শ্রদ্ধা ও কৃতজ্ঞতার সঙ্গে স্মরণ করছি।’

মকবুল আহমাদ বলেন, ‘বিশেষভাবে স্বাধীনতার স্থপতি শেখ মুজিবুর রহমান, প্রয়াত রাষ্ট্রপতি জিয়াউর রহমান, জননেতা মাওলানা আব্দুল হামিদ খান ভাষানী এবং মহান মুক্তিযুদ্ধের সর্বাধিনায়ক জেনারেল আতাউল গনি উসমানীসহ বাংলাদেশের স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রামের অবিসংবাদিত নেতাদের আমি সশ্রদ্ধ স্মরণ করছি।’

এদিন জামায়াতের প্রচার বিভাগের স্টাফ এম আলম স্বাক্ষরিত এক বিজ্ঞপ্তিতে মকবুল আহমাদের লিখিত ভাষণ গণমাধ্যমে পাঠানো হয়।

সোমবার জামায়াতের তৃতীয় আমির হিসেবে মকবুল আহমাদকে শপথ পাঠ করান দলটির প্রধান নির্বাচন কমিশনার এটিএম মাসুম।

---------------------------------

Changing tides...

জুতা উৎপাদনে শীর্ষ দশে বাংলাদেশ
বদরুল আলম | ২৩:১১:০০ মিনিট, অক্টোবর ২১, ২০১৬

base_1476985574-lead.jpg

জুতা উৎপাদনে শীর্ষ দশে বাংলাদেশ
বৈশ্বিক জুতার বাজার প্রায় ২২৫ বিলিয়ন ডলারের। বছরে প্রায় দেড় হাজার কোটি জোড়া জুতা উৎপাদন করে এ বাজারের শীর্ষস্থানে রয়েছে চীন। তবে পিছিয়ে নেই বাংলাদেশও। গত জুনে প্রকাশিত ওয়ার্ল্ড ফুটওয়্যার ইয়ারবুক ২০১৬-এর তথ্য অনুযায়ী, ৩৫ কোটি জোড়ার বেশি জুতা উৎপাদন করে বাংলাদেশ রয়েছে তালিকার অষ্টম স্থানে।

পর্তুগালভিত্তিক জুতা প্রস্তুতকারকদের সংগঠন পর্তুগিজ ফুটওয়্যার, কম্পোনেন্টস, লেদার গুডস ম্যানুফ্যাকচারার্স অ্যাসোসিয়েশন (এপিআইসিসিএপিএস)। ফুটওয়্যার শিল্পে বিশ্বের শীর্ষস্থানীয় দেশগুলোর উৎপাদন, ব্যবহার ও আমদানি-রফতানির তথ্য সংগ্রহের পর তা বিশ্লেষণ করে থাকে সংগঠনটি। এর ভিত্তিতে বৈশ্বিক ফুটওয়্যার শিল্পের গতিবিধির একটা ধারণা দেয় তারা। স্থানীয় ও আন্তর্জাতিক বাজারে ক্রমবর্ধমান চাহিদার বিচারে ফুটওয়্যার শিল্পে বাংলাদেশকে সম্ভাবনাময় হিসেবে দেখছে এপিআইসিসিএপিএস।

২০১৩ থেকে ২০১৫ সাল পর্যন্ত তিন বছরে বিশ্বব্যাপী জুতা উৎপাদনের হিসাব দেখিয়েছে এপিআইসিসিএপিএস। ওয়ার্ল্ড ফুটওয়্যার ইয়ারবুক ২০১৬ ও এপিআইসিসিএপিএসের তথ্য বলছে, শুধু ২০১৫ সালেই বিশ্বব্যাপী জুতা উৎপাদন হয়েছে ২ হাজার ৩০০ কোটি জোড়া। ওই বছর চীন জুতা উৎপাদন করেছে ১ হাজার ৩৫৮ কোটি ১০ লাখ জোড়া। শীর্ষ দশের অষ্টম স্থানে থাকা বাংলাদেশ আলোচ্য বছরে জুতা উৎপাদন করেছে ৩৫ কোটি ৩০ লাখ জোড়া।

সম্ভাবনার বিচারে ফুটওয়্যার শিল্পে বাংলাদেশের অবস্থান আরো শক্তিশালী করার সুযোগ রয়েছে বলে মনে করেন লেদার গুডস অ্যান্ড ফুটওয়্যার ম্যানুফ্যাকচারার্স অ্যান্ড এক্সপোর্টার্স অ্যাসোসিয়েশন অব বাংলাদেশের (এলএফএমইএবি) প্রেসিডেন্ট সাইফুল ইসলাম। বণিক বার্তাকে তিনি বলেন, চীনের প্রবৃদ্ধি শ্লথ হয়ে এসেছে। পাশাপাশি সামাজিক দায়বদ্ধতার ক্ষেত্রে দেশটিকে এখন অনেক কাজ করতে হবে। এ প্রেক্ষাপটে বাংলাদেশের অবস্থান আরো শক্তিশালী করার সুযোগ রয়েছে। এটি ত্বরান্বিত হবে হাজারীবাগ থেকে ট্যানারি শিল্প সাভারে স্থানান্তর হলে।

কারণ সামাজিক দায়বদ্ধতার বিচারে বাংলাদেশের উন্নতি হলেও পরিবেশগত দায়বদ্ধতায় দেশ এখনো পিছিয়ে আছে। আর বৈশ্বিক বাজার বিবেচনায় নিলে বাংলাদেশের চেয়ে শক্তিশালী অবস্থানে আরো অনেক দেশ রয়েছে। তাদের সঙ্গে প্রতিযোগিতায় এগিয়ে যেতে হলে শিল্পটিকে আরো টেকসই রূপ দিতে হবে।

এপিআইসিসিএপিএসের তথ্য বলছে, বাংলাদেশে জুতা উৎপাদন ধারাবাহিকভাবে বাড়ছে। ২০১৩ সালে দেশে জুতা উৎপাদন হয়েছিল ২৯ কোটি ৮০ লাখ জোড়া। ২০১৪ সালে তা বেড়ে দাঁড়ায় ৩১ কোটি ৫০ লাখ জোড়ায়। ২০১৫ সালে তা ৩৫ কোটি জোড়া ছাড়িয়ে যায়। এ হিসাবে দুই বছরের ব্যবধানে বাংলাদেশের জুতা উৎপাদন বেড়েছে ১৮ শতাংশের বেশি।

জুতা উৎপাদনকারী শীর্ষ ১০ দেশের মধ্যে দ্বিতীয় অবস্থানে রয়েছে ভারত। ২০১৫ সালে দেশটি জুতা উৎপাদন করে ২২০ কোটি জোড়া। তৃতীয় থেকে সপ্তম অবস্থানে থাকা দেশগুলো হলো যথাক্রমে ভিয়েতনাম, ইন্দোনেশিয়া, ব্রাজিল, পাকিস্তান ও তুরস্ক। জুতা উৎপাদনে বাংলাদেশের নিচে নবম ও দশম স্থানে রয়েছে যথাক্রমে মেক্সিকো ও থাইল্যান্ড।

জুতা উৎপাদনে বাংলাদেশ অষ্টম স্থানে থাকলেও তালিকায় শীর্ষ সাতটি দেশের জুতা উৎপাদন অনেক বেশি। তৃতীয় স্থানে থাকা ভিয়েতনাম ২০১৫ সালে জুতা উৎপাদন করে ১১৪ কোটি জোড়া। একই বছর ইন্দোনেশিয়ায় উৎপাদন হয় ১০০ কোটি জোড়া জুতা। আর পঞ্চম অবস্থানে থাকা ব্রাজিল আলোচ্য বছরে জুতা উৎপাদন করে ৮৭ কোটি জোড়া।

ফুটওয়্যার শিল্পে স্থানীয় ও রফতানি দুই বাজারেই নিজেদের অবস্থান তৈরি করে নিয়েছে বাংলাদেশ। অভ্যন্তরীণ বাজারে বড় করপোরেটরাও নতুন নতুন ব্র্যান্ড নিয়ে আসছে। খাতসংশ্লিষ্টরা বলছেন, রফতানি খাতে বাংলাদেশের সবচেয়ে বড় সক্ষমতা শ্রমিকের মজুরি। কিন্তু পরিবেশ ও কারখানার কর্মপরিবেশের মানদণ্ড নিয়ে আন্তর্জাতিক ভাবধারার পরিবর্তনে শুধু কম মূল্য দিয়ে ক্রয়াদেশ বাড়াতে পারছেন রফতানিকারকরা। পরিবেশ ও কারখানার কর্মপরিবেশের মান ধরে রাখতে হিমশিম খেতে হচ্ছে। ফলে উৎপাদনের বিচারে বিশ্বের শীর্ষ ১০ দেশের মধ্যে থাকলেও রফতানিকারক হিসেবে অনেকটাই পিছিয়ে বাংলাদেশ।

এপিআইসিসিএপিএসের হিসাবে, চামড়াজাত জুতা রফতানিতে বাংলাদেশের অবস্থান ১৭তম। এ ধরনের জুতার রফতানি বাজারে বাংলাদেশের দখল মাত্র ১ শতাংশ। রফতানি বাজার প্রসারে বাংলাদেশের মূল প্রতিবন্ধকতা পরিবেশগত ও কর্মপরিবেশের মানদণ্ড।

shoe-graph-%5BConverted%5D.jpg

এপেক্স ফুটওয়্যারের ডেপুটি ম্যানেজিং ডিরেক্টর আবদুল মোমেন ভূইয়া এ প্রসঙ্গে বলেন, হাজারীবাগ থেকে ট্যানারি স্থানান্তর প্রক্রিয়া শেষ হলে পরিবেশগত কমপ্লায়েন্সের দিক থেকে বাংলাদেশ অনেক এগিয়ে যাবে। আর কর্মপরিবেশের উন্নয়নে এরই মধ্যে অনেকটাই এগিয়েছি আমরা। ক্রেতাজোট অ্যালায়েন্স ও অ্যাকর্ডের চাপে মালিকদের ব্যয় বাড়লেও ধীরে ধীরে এ দিকটিতে উন্নয়ন হচ্ছে। এসব প্রতিবন্ধকতার সফল মোকাবেলার মধ্য দিয়ে জুতা উৎপাদনের বিচারে বাংলাদেশের অবস্থান আরো শক্তিশালী হবে। পাশাপাশি রফতানিতেও আরো এগিয়ে যাওয়া সম্ভব হবে।

এপিআইসিসিএপিএসের তথ্য অনুযায়ী, উৎপাদনের মতো রফতানিতেও ফুটওয়্যার শিল্পে শীর্ষস্থান দখলে রেখেছে চীন। রফতানি বাজারের ৪০ শতাংশের বেশি রয়েছে চীনের দখলে। শুধু চামড়াজাত জুতায় চীনের বাজার দখল ২০ শতাংশের বেশি। রফতানির বিচারে চীনের পরই রয়েছে ভিয়েতনাম। জুতা রফতানিতে শীর্ষ ১৫টি দেশের মধ্যে পরের স্থানগুলোয় রয়েছে যথাক্রমে ইতালি, বেলজিয়াম, জার্মানি, ইন্দোনেশিয়া, হংকং, স্পেন, ফ্রান্স, নেদারল্যান্ডস, ভারত, যুক্তরাজ্য, পর্তুগাল, কম্বোডিয়া ও যুক্তরাষ্ট্র।

http://bonikbarta.com/news/2016-10-21/91737/জুতা-উৎপাদনে-শীর্ষ-দশে-বাংলাদেশ--/

Last edited:
জামায়াতের নতুন আমির স্মরণ করলেন বঙ্গবন্ধুকে, শ্রদ্ধা জানালেন মুক্তিযোদ্ধাদের
বাংলা ট্রিবিউন রিপোর্ট২০:৩৭, অক্টোবর ১৭, ২০১৬

জামায়াতে ইসলামীর আমির হিসেবে শপথ নেওয়ার পর দেওয়া বক্তব্যে বঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিবুর রহমান ও মুক্তিযোদ্ধাদের স্মরণ করলেন মকবুল আহমাদ। সোমবার রাজধানীর একটি মিলনায়তনে শপথ নেওয়ার পর মকবুল আহমাদ বলেন, ‘১৯৭১ সালের মহান মুক্তিযুদ্ধে যে সব সাধারণ মানুষ ও বীর মুক্তিযুদ্ধাদের বীরত্বপূর্ণ ভূমিকা ও অকৃত্রিম ত্যাগের বিনিময়ে আমরা স্বাধীন-স্বার্বভৌম বাংলাদেশ পেয়েছি, তাদের কথা আজ গভীর শ্রদ্ধা ও কৃতজ্ঞতার সঙ্গে স্মরণ করছি।’

মকবুল আহমাদ বলেন, ‘বিশেষভাবে স্বাধীনতার স্থপতি শেখ মুজিবুর রহমান, প্রয়াত রাষ্ট্রপতি জিয়াউর রহমান, জননেতা মাওলানা আব্দুল হামিদ খান ভাষানী এবং মহান মুক্তিযুদ্ধের সর্বাধিনায়ক জেনারেল আতাউল গনি উসমানীসহ বাংলাদেশের স্বাধীনতা সংগ্রামের অবিসংবাদিত নেতাদের আমি সশ্রদ্ধ স্মরণ করছি।’

এদিন জামায়াতের প্রচার বিভাগের স্টাফ এম আলম স্বাক্ষরিত এক বিজ্ঞপ্তিতে মকবুল আহমাদের লিখিত ভাষণ গণমাধ্যমে পাঠানো হয়।

সোমবার জামায়াতের তৃতীয় আমির হিসেবে মকবুল আহমাদকে শপথ পাঠ করান দলটির প্রধান নির্বাচন কমিশনার এটিএম মাসুম।

---------------------------------

Changing tides...
আওয়ামীলীগ এর আর কোন ঝামেলা থাকলো না! এখন এদের সাথে জোট করে আম মুসলমান এর সহি ইসলামি দল হিসেবে আওয়ামী লীগ এর ভায় কাড়বে কে!! ভালো।

50 percent construction over for country’s first satellite Bangabandhu-1: Tarana

Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-10-21 16:49:58 BdST

- Fifty percent work done to launch Bangabandhu-1 Satellite .

- 13,000 km of 22,000 km optical fiber network laid.

State Minister for Post and Telecommunications Tarana Halim has said 50 percent of the construction of the country’s first commercial and broadcast satellite Bangabandhu-1 is over. She said the satellite, named after the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, will go in operation from April 2018 after being sent to space by December 2017. The state minister disclosed the information at a press briefing at the office of Bangladesh Telecommunications Company Ltd (BTCL) in the capital on Friday. “The system requirement review and preliminary design review is done. The engineering is done by 83 percent, construction of antenna and communication and service module is done by 56 percent and 65 percent respectively,” she said. The construction work will be done by November 2017 and it will be sent to space using the rocket launch site of SpaceX and Falcon 9 in Florida, United States, said the
state minister. “The satellite will be transferred to the launch site --Cape Canaveral in Florida through a cargo plane after construction, testing and review are done at Thales Alenia Space in France,” he said. Tarana said all necessary tests before launching would be done throughout a month before launching at SpaceX. Thales, a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems, has already bought necessary equipments for ground station. Project Director Golam Razzaque said two months were needed for preparation before sending the satellite to space. But it would be sent to space on time. The project Bangabandhu Satellite received green light at a cabinet meeting on Oct 21 in 2015. On Nov 11 that year, BTRC signed a loan deal of Tk 20 billion with France based Thales Group to buy ‘satellite system.’ It signed a Tk 4 billion loan deal with Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) in September this year for launching the satellite. The satellite is expected to save Tk 14 million yearly that is currently
spent for taking foreign satellites on
rent. The satellite will contain 40 transponders – 20 for Bangladesh and rest will be used for earning foreign currency through rent. The two ground stations that will control the satellite will be built at Gazipur's Joydebpur and Rangamati's Betbunia on the land owned by BTCL. Tarana also highlighted that 13,000 km fiber network have already been set up for creating a 22,000 km
optical fiber network covering all unions and Upazila under BTCL. A 1300 km fiber network has been set up to spread broadband connectivity across the country through BTCL, she added.

03_Digital+World+2016_Ministrial+Conference_MM_MR_191016_0006.jpg

Digital World 2016 Ministerial Conference kicked off at Basundhara International Convention City.

03_Digital+World+2016_Ministrial+Conference_MM_MR_191016_0005.jpg

02_Sajib+Wajed+Joy_Digital+World+2016_MM_MR_191016_0010.jpg

Keynote Address by Prime Minister's ICT advisor Sajeeb Wajed Joy at Digital World 2016

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom