What's new

News from Bangladesh-Updates and Discussion

It really takes less than 1/2 a minute to cast the vote,

Long live Bangladesh.............

Only in virtual world casting 1 vote in 1 minute is possible let alone 1/2 minutes. Eevn in US or other developed countries 1 minute record is not possible. So you can push your fable tale but people in real world including many Awami leaders do not belive it.

Waiting for your next myth collection....

AL didn't promise rice at Tk 10: Ashraful

Dhaka, Jan 8 (bdnews24.com) –Awami League spokesperson Syed Ashraful Islam has buffed rival BNP's claims that the party had promised before the elections to make rice available at Tk 10 a kg and give farmers fertiliser free of cost.

Referring to BNP's propaganda against AL, he said, "BNP is spreading lies against Awami League. Nowhere in our manifesto has it been said that people will be given rice at Tk 10 and fertiliser for free."
AL didn't promise rice at Tk 10: Ashraful :: Politics :: bdnews24.com ::

Now only 3 days old Awami league govt and their cyber warriors caught red handed deceiving and lying to people. Not only that after lying to press and people, Awami league minister Ashraful tried to use another lie and accuse BNP (opposition) for spreading misinformation. One lie to cover another lie, sounds familiar; Just like some people are arguing here. Apple does not fall far from the tree.

Those who can not read Bangla, these are Awami league leaning newspaper links covered news on when and where Hasina and Awami league pledged 10tk /kg rice to people. Thanks to Munshi bahi pulling these links.

Prothom Alo | Most popular bangla daily newspaper

http://www.dailyjanakantha.com/251208/fn.pdf

Last edited:
Please comment on the comment made by the newly formed Cabinet.

Home Affairs Minister... Shara Khatun
All the post election violence is due to the internal feud between BNP activist.
Foreign Affairs Minister Dipu Moni
She feels competent as being foreign affairs minister as she attended a lot of meeting between Hasina and foreign diplomats.
Industry Minister - Dilip Borua
No industry in the name of whitening Black money. No privatization or closure...

Last edited:
You did not know that Amardesh no loger own by Falu just few days agio but you are all knowledgeable about Mahmudur Rahman?

Mahmudur Rahman provided proof (audit report) infort of journalist and camera about corrupt ACC chairman. All his corruption has official record and part of it ACC chairman admitted but disowned his responsibility.

1) While ACC chairman was army chief he altered building code inside DOHS which allowed illegally occupying and capturing govt land by paying token money. Once his occupation was legally covered law was changed again.

2) ACC chairman during his tenure in Trust bank illegally invested cr of foreign exchange and incurred huge loss. But as chairman he disowned any responsibility of that illegal action and loss. But he is prosecuting others for executive decision. Police refused to take case against his illegal corruptions. ACC chairman to appease public that said he will leave office while investigation takes place but he never did.

3) One of ACC chairman’s brother stolen cr of taka from bank in sylhet and fled. Police had the report from bank but under pressure did not file any formal case.

Its very easy for people like you to run loose comments but only without any idea what they are talking about. What matter is if newspaper is publishing facts? Amardesh has been doing that.
I know all of it..
1) Trust Bank chairman post is just symbolic. all the time Army chief holds this post. Its like President of Bangladesh is made Chancellor of every university.. Its the board of directors who runs the affairs.
2) Trust bank irregularities happened 3 mos before he took office, and a inquiry was made by Bangladesh Bank and appropriate action was taken against those who were involved on those transaction.

I hope this will clear your doubts.
About the other things you raised, I have little knowledge so I don't want to comment..

I want to congratulate my Bangladeshi brothers and sisters on electing a democratic government. I make dua that your new government does not let you down in the same way that ours has in Pakistan. Ameen.

Now I just want to say that it will soon be almost 40 years since the independence of Bangladesh in 1971. The Muslim Ummah is facing new and dire challenges from every direction today. We need to come closer together and join together and start acting as one nation under Islam.

I hope that the new governments of Pakistan and Bangladesh can facilitate closer brotherly tries between the two Muslim countries of the Indian Subcontinent. And I urge all Pakistanis and Bangladeshis to put Islam first and urge our politicians to demand closer cooperation in every sector, from the economy to defense.

We should take the European Union as an example and be ashamed of ourselves and see how divided the Muslim Ummah still is today. Perhaps if the Arab countries will not unite right now, atleast Pakistan and Bangladesh, and Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, can take the flag of Islam and show the way for our other Muslim brothers and sisters, from Morocco to Indonesia, how to stand united as one, under one Allah, with one Rasool.

Please comment on the newly formed Cabinet.

All the post election violence is due to the internal feud between BNP activist.
She feels competent as being foreign affairs minister as she attended a lot of meeting between Hasina and foreign diplomats.
No industry in the name of whitening Black money. No privatization or closure...

The AL lied about the Tk. 10 per KG rice and free fertiliser so they can lie about the above points as well.

What is your point?

The AL lied about the Tk. 10 per KG rice and free fertiliser so they can lie about the above points as well.

What is your point?
Tk. 10 Kg is a misunderstanding.. I want to be rational on that...
My question is, how confident are you on this new cabinet, by seeing those comments made by our ministers..

I am also trying to be rational on this issue. The AL past conduct in terms of their false statements reflects on their subsequent statements. If the AL can blatantly and unashamedly lie about such an essential and also vital issue such as the price of rice then can we believe the statements of the ministers who represent this government?

I am also trying to be rational on this issue. The AL past conduct in terms of their false statements reflects on their subsequent statements. If the AL can blatantly and unashamedly lie about such an essential and also vital issue such as the price of rice then can we believe the statements of the ministers who represent this government?

I don't like sweeping remarks. A wise person never do that. I am trying to open up a discussion on a case by case basis. I have strong reservation on these three ministers with the portfolio given to them and they already started slipping. There are others who we hardly know. Few of them we know are very very good, Mr. Muhit - Finance, Mr. Ashraf-LGRD, Mrs Motia-Agro, Mr. Faruq-Trade. I believe they will deliver up to the mark.

I did not like appointing Mr. Mudasser who was Hasina's private physician. I also did not like the way Hasina picked the cabinet keeping everybody blind. We live in a open society and she should have put the matter for public debate at least within her own party. Most of them are appointed are close associates of Hasina. Are we going back to dynastic politics again?

as long as they get the job done I am fine with them.Key areas-agri sector and the food prices,demarcation of maritime boundaries and settling border and river disputes.All issues involved with India and Myanmar(in case of the maritime sea boundary).

We should take the European Union as an example and be ashamed of ourselves and see how divided the Muslim Ummah still is today. Perhaps if the Arab countries will not unite right now, atleast Pakistan and Bangladesh, and Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, can take the flag of Islam and show the way for our other Muslim brothers and sisters, from Morocco to Indonesia, how to stand united as one, under one Allah, with one Rasool.
The Muslim Brotherhood is DEAD.Gone.
If you don't believe me tell the Arabs first to give us permanent resident visas first.

Please comment on the newly formed Cabinet.

What a joke. Why????????????

I don't like sweeping remarks. A wise person never do that. I am trying to open up a discussion on a case by case basis. I have strong reservation on these three ministers with the portfolio given to them and they already started slipping. There are others who we hardly know. Few of them we know are very very good, Mr. Muhit - Finance, Mr. Ashraf-LGRD, Mrs Motia-Agro, Mr. Faruq-Trade. I believe they will deliver up to the mark.

I did not like appointing Mr. Mudasser who was Hasina's private physician. I also did not like the way Hasina picked the cabinet keeping everybody blind. We live in a open society and she should have put the matter for public debate at least within her own party. Most of them are appointed are close associates of Hasina. Are we going back to dynastic politics again?

If we go by the first case then the allegation of lying is proven.

The next case is Hasina's choice of cabinet and this shows a propensity for nepotism and dynastic politics.

The third case is the violence against opposition supporters and factionalism within the AL front organizations which are displayed in our newspapers everyday.

All three cases taken together are very worrying indeed.

Please comment on the comment made by the newly formed Cabinet.

I have serious doubt about Dipu Moni and Sahara Khatun.Not because they are women but because they are given such important posts and they have no experience.
Sahara Khatun's comments already stirred controversy,lets see how long she can hold on to her post.

@Mr.Munshi,

I wanted to know about Sohail Taz.I read one of his articles critical of your work.What's your view on him?I would be happy if you give a neutral reply.

I wanted to know about Sohail Taz.I read one of his articles critical of your work.What's your view on him?I would be happy if you give a neutral reply.

I understand that he is not the same Sohail Taj that wrote about me. There was some mix up about that but it has been cleared up.

I have no personal knowledge about the state minister but from people who are close to him they say he is not that much of depth or knowledgeable.

I understand that he is not the same Sohail Taj that wrote about me. There was some mix up about that but it has been cleared up.

I have no personal knowledge about the state minister but from people who are close to him they say he is not that much of depth or knowledgeable.

Thanks for clearing that misconception.

I saw him in a talk show in NTV.Although I don't know much about him but liked to see a young generation leader.

Back
Top Bottom