New Zealand refuse to tour Pakistan citing security reasons

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
2018_8$largeimg201_Aug_2018_002354913.jpg
File Photo

Citing security concerns, New Zealand Cricket (NZC) on Tuesday turned down a request from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to tour the South Asian country for a T20I series.

According to an ESPNCricinfo report, the Black Caps are scheduled to travel to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to play Pakistan for a full tour that is likely to comprise three Tests, three One-Day Internationals (ODI) and as many Twenty20 Internationals (T20I) in October-November.

The fixtures are not announced yet. The PCB hoped to host the T20I leg of the tour.

"At the end of the day it came down to following the advisory and the security reports we had obtained," NZC chairman Greg Barclay told Newshub.

"There's no doubt they (Pakistan Cricket Board) are disappointed. I think they saw a tour by a country like New Zealand as being a great precedent for them to start to build an international programme back in Pakistan. So they're disappointed but they're good guys, we get on really well with Pakistan, and I think they're fully accepting of the decision that we've reached."

Since the 2009 terror attack on the Sri Lanka team bus, Pakistan have made UAE their home.

In May 2015, Zimbabwe became the first team since the ghastly incident to go to Pakistan for a short limited-overs series, which was marred by a blast near the Gaddafi Stadium.

Recently, a depleted West Indies squad toured Pakistan for three T20Is in as many days.

https://www.greaterkashmir.com/news...-pakistan-citing-security-reasons/292161.html

https://www.dawn.com/news/1424043

Slowly everything will normalised it takes some time but they do agreed for next time in pakistan .

Those who attack Sri Lankan team should be hanged in public. They shouldn't be hanged in jail.

This is going to take a long, long time and I would not be surprised that this aversion to coming to Pakistan lasts longer then Imran Khan's tenure. The reasons are -

• There is genuine fear compounded by regular terrorist incidents keeping the 2009 event alive.
  • UAE offers a a far better venue, drinks, hotels, nightlife, clubs all of which is reason to avoid Pakistan.

This is going to take a long, long time and I would not be surprised that this aversion to coming to Pakistan lasts longer then Imran Khan's tenure. The reasons are -

• There is genuine fear compounded by regular terrorist incidents keeping the 2009 event alive.
  • UAE offers a a far better venue, drinks, hotels, nightlife, clubs all of which is reason to avoid Pakistan.
Will you bet?

I think if army keeps firm grip on afghan border attacks wont be an issue

Kiwis should understand they will get security but it has been decades situation has improved in pakistan if they xan tour india in mumbai attack cow protection attacks than this duplicity i dont understand india is more security concern country than pakistan

Well, there was a bomb blast in Pakistan 5 or 6 days back.
Hopefully we will see prevailing peace soon.

New Zealand refuse to tour Pakistan citing security reasons

When this refusal gives a happy face to our extreme constipated, toiletless neighbors, everybody in Pakistan is also happy.

Back
Top Bottom