What's new

New Year's Eve Suggestions.

Husnainshah

Reaction score
So initially I planned Paris. Following the recent tragedy, Paris just might not be the best place to visit for a someone with an Arabic name and that too a Pakistani. Do you have any suggestion on some hardcore New Year parties preferably in western countries? I did Koh Phangan last year and that was one nasty party.

So initially I planned Paris. Following the recent tragedy, Paris just might not be the best place to visit for a someone with an Arabic name and that too a Pakistani. Do you have any suggestion on some hardcore New Year parties preferably in western countries? I did Koh Phangan last year and that was one nasty party.
Warsaw? I havent tried intend to next yr...This yr its gonna be in a plane on my way to Pakistan :unsure:

I'm not too sure about EU and US. Spain in EU makes a little sense though and Canada in North America. What say?
Warsaw? I havent tried intend to next yr...This yr its gonna be in a plane on my way to Pakistan :unsure:

I'm not too sure about EU and US. Spain in EU makes a little sense though and Canada in North America. What say?
Never been to Canada....

Was in NYC for last Christmas- New Yr...Uncle didnt let me go out for fear of crazy people after they get drunk :(

Isn't there women-only spots in NYC? I haven't really seen drunk people bothering females in a crowded place.
hehehe he isnt my uncle he is dad's uncle so imagine the generation gap...Since I was at his home...his rules :D

Plus I think he wasnt bothered about "attacks" but more about people getting crazy...

And when you read news like this: The worst things about celebrating New Year's Eve in Times Square - Matador Network

New Year’s Eve in Times Square sums up what’s wrong with New York - MarketWatch

Doesnt actually make it any more welcoming

Then again my dad's cousin wanted to bring us and he got told off by uncle :( with questions like kerna kiya hai? Plus I was flying out the next day (yea cheap tickets) after a lunch at counsin's place so uncle was like get some rest....woke up with the fireworks going on...

Then there are these articles you read and are like...I am warmer in doors:

The worst things about celebrating New Year's Eve in Times Square - Matador Network

It’s mid-afternoon on New Year’s Eve, and Times Square is already my worst nightmare - The Washington Post

But uncle let cousin bring us out on Christmas eve....we walked around and were out on 30th December too...Mind you...you had to scream so that the person next to you could hear you...I nearly lost my voice :(

Makes it all the more exciting. You just might be getting old. :P
And what's with 'Karna kya hai'? As if everyone else is out to work on some governmental project. Go crazy is what Karna hai. I'd really like to sometime end my year in places like NYC, Totonto or where ever it snows basically. :D

Makes it all the more exciting. You just might be getting old. :P
And what's with 'Karna kya hai'? As if everyone else is out to work on some governmental project. Go crazy is what Karna hai. I'd really like to sometime end my year in places like NYC, Totonto or where ever it snows basically. :D
Well kerna kiya hai is what 2 years older generation would advice their younger ones :)

Antarctica :coffee:

You can check out TimeOut New York for some neat party places. They update it every week, but they get filled up quickly.

hehehe he isnt my uncle he is dad's uncle so imagine the generation gap...Since I was at his home...his rules :D

Plus I think he wasnt bothered about "attacks" but more about people getting crazy...

And when you read news like this: The worst things about celebrating New Year's Eve in Times Square - Matador Network

New Year’s Eve in Times Square sums up what’s wrong with New York - MarketWatch

Then again my dad's cousin wanted to bring us and he got told off by uncle :( with questions like kerna kiya hai? Plus I was flying out the next day (yea cheap tickets) after a lunch at counsin's place so uncle was like get some rest....woke up with the fireworks going on...

Then there are these articles you read and are like...I am warmer in doors:

The worst things about celebrating New Year's Eve in Times Square - Matador Network

It’s mid-afternoon on New Year’s Eve, and Times Square is already my worst nightmare - The Washington Post

But uncle let cousin bring us out on Christmas eve....we walked around and were out on 30th December too...Mind you...you had to scream so that the person next to you could hear you...I nearly lost my voice :(

These are all in Times Square, you're really lucky to get a neat spot in Times Square where you can see the ball drop. In my suggestion try to find a place where police are closer so people will be less rowdy.

These are all in Times Square, you're really lucky to get a neat spot in Times Square where you can see the ball drop. In my suggestion try to find a place where police are closer so people will be less rowdy.
Well that (Times Sq) is where the fun was but my grand uncle didnt let us go :(
instead we had a family gathering at home which was good too :p:

Well that (Times Sq) is where the fun was but my grand uncle didnt let us go :(
instead we had a family gathering at home which was good too :p:
It's hard enough to get a good spot in Times Square though. My family did the reverse, instead of staying at home we tried seeing the ball drop in Times Square. In the end it wasn't exactly our happiest New Year. :(

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom