What's new

New weapons for NSG

amunhotep

BANNED
Reaction score
One year after 26/11, counter-terror force NSG, after successful trials, is all set to acquire state-of-the-art corner shot weapons and hand-held "see through" wall radars in a bid to prepare itself for future urban terror strikes and hostage situations.

Government sources told The Indian Express that the NSG will soon float tenders for acquisition of corner shot weapons, which allows commandos to shoot around corners without endangering themselves, and wall surveillance radars, which can help monitor events inside a room without entering it, for its special action group (SAG) troopers. Both the force multipliers were sorely missed during 26/11, when the NSG had to battle hard for more than 60 hours to kill the Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorists in Mumbai.

The NSG has already purchased one corner shot Glock weapon from Israel's Corner Shot Holdings at the cost of Rs 7,58,000 per piece and has successfully tested the weapon at its Manesar facility in the past two months. The weapon allows the shooter to track terrorists around a corner with the help of a video camera, mounted on the gun, which can swivel 63 degrees on either side. The counter-terror force is now planning to purchase more systems so that they can be mounted on standard Swiss SIG 551 or soon-to-be upgraded 553 assault rifles and AK-47 rifles used by the NSG commandos. This weapon is used by Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) in the US and other Western countries to counter terror attacks

here is the link

Post 26/11, NSG aims for corner shot weapons, ‘through-the-wall’ radars

5a618bc905efa24dafae38155d4962a2.jpg

7c3140b34fe7215b82e1590dc6de39ba.jpg

3d4d446f295a5c953f0ec36cae301d07.jpg

accc6c08e35e44bb2aacc8b82e3cb656.jpg

1f38849f3a367453a8cf18df1388bd00.jpg

:sniper: :hang2:

Last edited:
One year after 26/11, counter-terror force NSG, after successful trials, is all set to acquire state-of-the-art corner shot weapons and hand-held "see through" wall radars in a bid to prepare itself for future urban terror strikes and hostage situations.

Government sources told The Indian Express that the NSG will soon float tenders for acquisition of corner shot weapons, which allows commandos to shoot around corners without endangering themselves, and wall surveillance radars, which can help monitor events inside a room without entering it, for its special action group (SAG) troopers. Both the force multipliers were sorely missed during 26/11, when the NSG had to battle hard for more than 60 hours to kill the Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorists in Mumbai.

The NSG has already purchased one corner shot Glock weapon from Israel's Corner Shot Holdings at the cost of Rs 7,58,000 per piece and has successfully tested the weapon at its Manesar facility in the past two months. The weapon allows the shooter to track terrorists around a corner with the help of a video camera, mounted on the gun, which can swivel 63 degrees on either side. The counter-terror force is now planning to purchase more systems so that they can be mounted on standard Swiss SIG 551 or soon-to-be upgraded 553 assault rifles and AK-47 rifles used by the NSG commandos. This weapon is used by Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) in the US and other Western countries to counter terror attacks

here is the link

Post 26/11, NSG aims for corner shot weapons, ‘through-the-wall’ radars

5a618bc905efa24dafae38155d4962a2.jpg

7c3140b34fe7215b82e1590dc6de39ba.jpg

3d4d446f295a5c953f0ec36cae301d07.jpg

accc6c08e35e44bb2aacc8b82e3cb656.jpg

1f38849f3a367453a8cf18df1388bd00.jpg

:sniper: :hang2:

Buddy i have seen this weapon on "future weapons" programme.
It is an awesome addition for NSG :agree:

Last edited:
I wonder if Pakistan Ordnance Factories will be allowed to compete with the POF Eye? That would be quite something eh? I do believe that the Israeli Corner-Shot and the Pakistani POF Eye are the only two established weapons of their type (please correct me if I am mistaken).

Though, I don't understand how a Corner-Shot type of weapon would have been useful in the Taj Hotel attacks. I didn't hear reports of room-to-room fighting, which is ideally what such a weapon would be used for. Pakistani SSG (Counter Terrorist Companies) have supposedly already been equipped with the POF Eye, but I have yet to hear of it being used in any CT operations.

1e6424bea18ed992062b6988e0da9b66.jpg

40d962d02e7c9b0042d1cc479135ceb9.jpg

c5dd60743279f701af7396e43bfb3dc0.jpg

Pakistan Ordnance Factory - POF Eye

Pakistan Ordnance Factory makes me proud.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Pakistan Ordnance Factories will be allowed to compete with the POF Eye? That would be quite something eh? I do believe that the Israeli Corner-Shot and the Pakistani POF Eye are the only two established weapons of their type (please correct me if I am mistaken).

Pakistan Ordnance Factory - POF Eye
[url="
Eye[/url]

Pakistan Ordnance Factory makes me proud.

Sir that would be RMA or Revolution in Military Affairs as we call it, i.e india buying POF eye from pakistan , or for that matter any other weapons platform:D

we have a long way to go before that can happen :woot:

As far I know they are getting latest MP-5 I have not heard of this news.
any way NSG is getting right things to update to advance special groups.

Last edited:
Found another video of the corner-shot

GOI has been not keen on developing its armed forces and I admit it. I see in Pakistan they have really done well for developing their forces. I am seeing after 26/11 our politicians are waking up and hope this will benefit the armed forces. I feel that NSG did not had the kind of weapons they should be having for a force like that. I also saw videos of lot of operations in Pakistan(Police) recently and not even once I found the old 303 type weapon (all seems to have automatic weapons). I really feel ashamed that our Indian police still use it. Another advantage I feel Pakistan has in case terror attacks the Army does not have to wait for Permission or the permission comes fast. In short our CM's sucks and care least for their people.

GOI has been not keen on developing its armed forces and I admit it. I see in Pakistan they have really done well for developing their forces. I am seeing after 26/11 our politicians are waking up and hope this will benefit the armed forces. I feel that NSG did not had the kind of weapons they should be having for a force like that. I also saw videos of lot of operations in Pakistan(Police) recently and not even once I found the old 303 type weapon (all seems to have automatic weapons). I really feel ashamed that our Indian police still use it. Another advantage I feel Pakistan has in case terror attacks the Army does not have to wait for Permission or the permission comes fast. In short our CM's sucks and care least for their people.

my dear sir, the only advantage pak has is, they get permission fast, as they have immediate reporting oficers which we dont have.... And U cannot risk a wrong decition as We run by a govt not by a military.... And U are wrong by saying that India is not Concentrating on military ... It was before 26/11 and even more after 26/11... 46-47 new maritime survillence radars, Some new aircrafts, additional suk 30 MKI's, 100 t-90 tanks roll out every year, and planning to open anothe HVF in AP.... Upgrading NSG , FINSAS project.... Our future is safe, and Now Income tax department is on a mission to raid every politician... We are doing a very good job and must be proud to be Calling Manmohan singh our prime minister as he is one man who can guide us well...

Back
Top Bottom