What's new

New War Thunder Update Teaser

nice, never got into this one. Is it multiplayer only or are there nicely scripted campaigns/cutscenes as well as an editor to craft your own campaigns ? Also, how arcadey is it ?
The game is focused on multilayer gameplay, but there is some solo campaign element to it (albeit its old and it hasn't been updated in a while). The campaign is lack luster.

But the multiplayer is pretty good. Also the game has 3 different modes. Arcade battles, realistic battles and simulator battles, with the sim battles being pretty realistic (no HUD, team damage on, and realistic camera positions). Game overall isn't arcadey.

Oh yes, the GOAT is finally here !!

Utter chaos will begin when BVR is introduced
Are they planning on adding it?
BVR missiles were added alongside the F4E, that being the AIM7(D)(E)(F) sparrows. We have now got the F14A with the AIM54A phoenix BVR missile. It is utter carnage. Fun as hell. They can be countered though. The AIM54A that is. The AIM7(E)(F) sparrows are very difficult to dodge. Flying low and using Chaff is your best bet to evading it.

The game is focused on multilayer gameplay, but there is some solo campaign element to it (albeit its old and it hasn't been updated in a while). The campaign is lack luster.

But the multiplayer is pretty good. Also the game has 3 different modes. Arcade battles, realistic battles and simulator battles, with the sim battles being pretty realistic (no HUD, team damage on, and realistic camera positions). Game overall isn't arcadey.
Got a solo campaign editor, this one ?

Kizilelma can devour them all alive like the way the stick of Moses (PBUH) gobbled up all of the delusional snakes of the Pharaohs by HIS PERMISSION....
Unfortunately that isn't in the game 😔
BUT
The Turkish T129 was added recently and now we are getting the Turkish F104 albeit a premium variant of them both. Also the price for the Turkish F104 is a joke. The price for all RANK VII premium jets are an absolute joke

Got a solo campaign editor, this one ?
Sadly no :(

Damn :|, no mod for either I'm guessing ?

The editor is probably one of the best features of DCS, I do solos all the time.. even simple bomb or gun runs are so much fun to put together.. X sam here, AAA there, some hostile air in the sector.. lots of fun even in not full sim avionics mode with the simpler models like the old A-10a and other Flaming Cliffs ones.

Damn :|, no mod for either I'm guessing ?

The editor is probably one of the best features of DCS, I do solos all the time.. even simple bomb or gun runs are so much fun to put together.. X sam here, AAA there, some hostile air in the sector.. lots of fun even in not full sim avionics mode with the simpler models like the old A-10a and other Flaming Cliffs ones.
Mods are available.

BVR missiles were added alongside the F4E, that being the AIM7(D)(E)(F) sparrows. We have now got the F14A with the AIM54A phoenix BVR missile. It is utter carnage. Fun as hell. They can be countered though. The AIM54A that is. The AIM7(E)(F) sparrows are very difficult to dodge. Flying low and using Chaff is your best bet to evading it.

I know that missiles are already in the game. I was under the impression that by BVR, he was talking about missiles with ranges of hundreds of km

I stopped playing war thunder because the progression is way too slow.

I know that missiles are already in the game. I was under the impression that by BVR, he was talking about missiles with ranges of hundreds of km
The AIM54A Phoenix has an in game range of 150km.

Haven't been at that tier yet. What is the max confirmed kill range of the AIM-54 missile currently ?

Back
Top Bottom