What's new

New Version of JF-17 (JF-18)

can any one provide the details spec and analysis of the avionics and radar packages of JF-17 versus, LCA.

Earlier it was reported on {india-defence.com} that

"Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. (IAI) will provide a radar system (Elta radars ) for LCA, India's electronics industry has been unable to build a radar system for LCA, recently IAI head visited India & reached an agreement with local authorities to develop the system."

I AM THANKFUL TO THE RESPECTED MEMBERS WHO SHARE THEIR COMMENTS WITH THIS THREAD. THIS DISCUSSION HELPS US TO INCREASE OUR KNOWLEDGE. PLEASE CONTINUE TO POST YOUR COMMENTS.

THANKS,

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD.

As per interview CAS Thunder has 7 hard points which they are trying to increase to 9.
This would really be interesting. There is no mention of increasing the fuel carriage. What I wanted to know is technically, what exactly is involved in increasing a hard point and how it effects the dynamics of the plane and its range? comments from Knowledgeable members will be appreciated.
WaSalam
Araz

So the smoke was still there or was it a previous clip. Anyways its good that Everything is on schedule and hopefully the F-16s will get in time as well.

* '''JF-18''' - upgraded variant of the JF-17 incorporating features like [[IRST]], in-flight refuelling, [[conformal fuel tanks]], redesigned canopy, under-chin hardpoint, and more. Several photos of the JF-18 in taxi tests have already been released.[http://ps-rants.blogspot.com/2009/04/twin-seat-jf-18-with-cft.html]

I published this post yesterday, and today its already on Wikipedia ... Here is the link to ... Wikipedia ... Lol

How cool ...

* '''JF-18''' - upgraded variant of the JF-17 incorporating features like [[IRST]], in-flight refuelling, [[conformal fuel tanks]], redesigned canopy, under-chin hardpoint, and more. Several photos of the JF-18 in taxi tests have already been released.[http://ps-rants.blogspot.com/2009/04/twin-seat-jf-18-with-cft.html]

I published this post yesterday, and today its already on Wikipedia ... Here is the link to ... Wikipedia ... Lol

How cool ...

Fake stuff

6cb7e439a3dadcbd052daa4bf1e8c55f.jpg

Original picture
b2efe557b657f7358144a3ea1b994a6a.jpg

Yaar could you not post it under JF-17 thread already created almost 2/3 threads of JF-17 already in Aviation section i think...

Yaar could you not post it under JF-17 thread already created almost 2/3 threads of JF-17 already in Aviation section i think...

Good idea, but here JF-18 is under discussion not JF-17 and this thread is YEARS old.

Sure it is PS. But i was wondering how come some one posted it on Wiki in JF-17 article !

Because every tom, dick and harry can go and edit the wiki page. you do not even need to have an account to do it.

That's why it is so unreliable for information such as this.

The JF17 is only just nearing Initial Operational Clearance...

There are only 8 Prototypes in service and the first order of 42 planes as just been made.

Before PAF/PAC start to consider block 2 improvements SURELY IT MAKES sense to fully intergrate the JF17 block1 INTO PAF doctrine.

Assess its performance in current conditions flying with F16/F7/Mirage Rose

Lets see Wat the JF17 does Well.

Lets see Wat new tech china/europe developes in next several years which may be mated with JF17.

THIS LIST BELOW
Originally Posted by Joodi
the first batch of 50 JF-17 of pAF will have russian engine, with chinese radar , weapon and avionics suit.

after the first batch of 50 JF-17, PAf shold focus to improve JF-17 in following areas:

1- More power ful engine , either improved russian RD-93B or chinese WS-13 with TVc
2- equiping JF17 with an AESA radar.
3- equiping JF17 with european weapon and avionics suit.
4- addition of more composite material in the JF-17 structure.
4- reduce weight of JF-17.
5- increase the TWR of jF-17.
7- increase of maximum weapon pay load to 5000kg instaed of present 3800 kg
8- addition of air to air refuelling probes for the aircraft.(presently not available

IS MASSIVE. will take hundreds of millions of dollars and may not be necessary.

" ALL OF THOSE ABOVE ARE AVAILALBLE IN FC20 " soon to join PAF.

JF17 has been built as a low cost meduim tech MR fighter. To equip replace 150 MIRAGES.

FC20 will provide everything in the list above and will be PAFs state of the Art Air warrior. THE FORCE MULTIPLER

JF17 will be the WORK HORSE....

There's a saying "Don't try to run faster than your shadow".

The JF-17 is a totally new platform and PAF and PAC are new entrants into aircraft development. The most important thing is to take the time and mature what you have in hand....it still needs IFR, weapons integration, EW suite, start manufacturing it at PAC, finalize electronics for second batch.

that will double the cost maybe even triple, aesa, tvc, stronger engine, composites and European avionics are expensive.

I doubt that WS-13 would be more expensive than RD-93.
Whereas, WS-13 is touted to be better engine, as its designe has best of both worlds western and Russian.
WS-13 will have longer life and more thrust.
Present avionics and Chinese radar is already good enough and will improve further.
If there will be any Aesa in future, than it would be Chinese/local!
I don't see the cost being tripled for the said reasons.

What and How exactly the said composite will add to the cost?

Back
Top Bottom