What's new

New Towed Artillery Guns need of the hour !!!!!

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As we are seeing and most likely we are going to keep seeing LOC on boil for really long time. So we have to be prepared if India decides to bring Artillery in the Game. Now as India is going for new 155 MM Artillery Guns from USA and building their ones also we also need to go for new Towed Artillery Guns specially 105 MM and 120 MM and 155 MM caliber Artillery Guns for LOC.

As we are seeing and most likely we are going to keep seeing LOC on boil for really long time. So we have to be prepared if India decides to bring Artillery in the Game. Now as India is going for new 155 MM Artillery Guns from USA and building their ones also we also need to go for new Towed Artillery Guns specially 105 MM and 120 MM and 155 MM caliber Artillery Guns for LOC.

How about MLRS? Escalate to that level and force India to either stop or come full force.

Do you think that data was checked before opening this new thread? :P
Yes I checked Janab we have an advantage when it comes Slef Propelled Artillery not Towed Artillery Guns. Our Towed ones are decades old many are those which were produced in World War II or a little late. SP we have enough but Towed we lack in it and soon as India will go for USA and their own the disadvantage will get bigger @Imran Khan @CriticalThought MRLS are also needed but we already are producing Chinese and making one of our own.

The 130mm already on LOC has a range of 28km and can be increased to 38km.
I know Janab but all our Artillery Guns are decades and decades old. And no matter How much you maintain the Gun or any thing but by passing time it starts creating issues

Yes I checked Janab we have an advantage when it comes Slef Propelled Artillery not Towed Artillery Guns. Our Towed ones are decades old many are those which were produced in World War II or a little late. SP we have enough but Towed we lack in it and soon as India will go for USA and their own the disadvantage will get bigger @Imran Khan @CriticalThought MRLS are also needed but we already are producing Chinese and making one of our own.
Sir a gun is here to fire projectiles. I think we need a local product which we induct big numbers and replace old guns

No! The age of stationary artillery is gone. Both sides have counter battery radars and they will use them for counter battery strikes! There is a reason why roads are being improved and the focus is Propelled Guns on Trucks!

Towed guns are only possible on afghan border.

Last edited:
130 MM can fire till 40+ Kms in HA areas, the firing table for High Altitude areas is different as compared to lower alt.
only drawback is, its not a howitzer

I know Janab but all our Artillery Guns are decades and decades old. And no matter How much you maintain the Gun or any thing but by passing time it starts creating issues
what issues

No! The age of stationary artillery is gone. Both sides have counter battery radars and they will use them for counter battery strikes! There is a reason why roads are being improved and the focus is Propelled Guns on Trucks!

light air liftable towed artillery is used in mountains.

Indian Army will receive first 10 K-9 self propelled howitzers in April 2018.
The remaining 90 will be delivered by March 2020 (6 months before deadline).
IA has 130mm installed on T-72 chassis for time being.

No it never has never will. In plains yes it is not Truck and Tracked Artillery which would do the trick but area like Kargil and Mountains of Kashmir not Towed Artillery is still in and will remain in forever and we need Towed Artillery to hit back hard on India

only drawback is, its not a howitzer

what issues

light air liftable towed artillery is used in mountains.

IA has 130mm installed on T-72 chassis for time being.
No it never has never will. In plains yes it is not Truck and Tracked Artillery which would do the trick but area like Kargil and Mountains of Kashmir not Towed Artillery is still in and will remain in forever and we need Towed Artillery to hit back hard on India

I talked about counter battery radars!

This "Janab" word remind me of indian movies :) where they portray every Pakistani Soldier or indians Muslims saying janab at startor end of every sentence :D

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom