What's new

New To CBD? Here's What You Need To Know

WebMaster

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
99C68CFB-677A-4C24-BD99-6B27B1841F42.jpeg

Hello, and welcome to the world of CBD! You’ve taken a step into a new area of scientific research and toward a naturally-occurring compound that offers many benefits to both physical and mental health. It doesn’t matter what brought you here, but what does matter is that you’re here and ready to learn about CBD.

Here, we’ll cover CBD, where it comes from, and everything else you need to know. By the time you finish this article, you’ll have a better understanding of CBD, the laws, and everything about the compound that’s shaking up personal health.

Where CBD Comes From

CBD is one of 113 Cannabinoids that can be extracted from the Cannabis plant. Name sound familiar? You might know Cannabis by another name, but the truth is, hemp and the other kind of cannabis are different in that they have different THC content.

Hemp grown in the US must contain less than 0.3% THC according to the law!

CBD is extracted using solvents, olive oil, or CO2. Each method has its pros and cons, but generally, the higher-tier CBD providers use CO2 extraction for maximum quality and potency.

CBD Oil and Other Products

CBD is a versatile compound and can be extracted for dozens of uses. You can find everything from CBD gummies to CBD oil, topicals and capsules can be found on the market. Oil is a popular choice for many consumers since you can pretty much mix it with anything. This includes your favorite home recipes, smoothies, drinks, and other food items.

Each brand has its own lineup of CBD products, but gummies seem to be among the most popular choices. These tasty treats are chewy, delicious, and potent. Since gummies are eaten, the CBD is absorbed via the digestive tract, and, therefore, takes longer to take effect. The effects will last longer, however.

CBD Is Legal

The confusion regarding hemp and its cousin plant is perfectly understandable when you look closer at Cannabis restrictions in the US. Endless smear campaigns and unfriendly legislation have largely left Cannabis in a negative light in the public’s eye.

The fact is, Cannabis isn’t the terrible drug it’s made out to be.

Hemp is a variety of Cannabis that can be refined into all manner of useful items. Rope, clothing, shoes, fuel, paper, and more can be made from hemp, which contains the world’s strongest natural plant fibers.

Unfortunately for hemp, despite its low THC content, it’s been lumped together with its psychoactive cousin for decades, and we’re still trying to remove the stigma around it.

That being said, CBD is legal at the federal level, and in all fifty states. Check regulations regarding full-spectrum CBD products, however, as these contain THC and may be restricted or forbidden in your area.

CBD Offers Science-Backed Benefits

There’s a misconception that no research has been conducted on behalf of CBD, and that’s simply untrue. In fact, there are a few dozen studies on the effects of CBD in seizure patients, those suffering from anxiety, and more. Science has a lot to say about CBD, 99% of which is good.

The only real drawback to CBD is that we know so little about it. Due to decades of legislation and unpopular opinion, researchers are struggling to catch up to CBD with their research. The future looks promising, however, as more and more money pours into the CBD market and research efforts have better funding than ever.

Not All CBD Is The Same

In an industry loaded with competition, not all CBD is produced, extracted, or marketed the same. CBD products vary in price, potency, and quality, and it’s important to know what to look for if you’re just getting started.

USA-grown hemp is the source of choice for top-tier providers like Penguin CBD. This ensures that the hemp used to extract the CBD hasn’t soaked up harmful chemicals from the soil, as organic farmers use little to no pesticides or chemicals on their crops.

Be wary of imposter brands that claim to be potent and high-quality. The ingredients and customer reviews tend to speak for themselves, so pay close attention to both.

There Are Hundreds of Options Available

You’ll find no shortage of flavor and variety options in the CBD space. You can get vanilla, mint, or orange-flavored oils, gummy worms, bears, or O’s, or plain old capsules that don’t taste like anything. There are also several different doses to choose from! Generally, new users start with a smaller dose and work their way up from there.

Some brands also offer variety packs, so you can try three different flavor combinations before deciding on your favorite. Who knows, they might all become your favorite.

The Market Is Exploding

The CBD market has grown from a few million in sales just six years ago to well over one billion nationwide last year. What does this mean for you as a consumer? The demand is high, and producers are struggling to keep up, which could potentially mean slightly higher prices in the future.

It’s important to remember that new CBD companies pop up every year as well, so that could help alleviate some of the demand.

The market is expected to reach values of 10-20 billion before the first half of the 2020 decade, and if sales continue to grow as they are, that number doesn’t seem unrealistic.

Anyone Can Use CBD

The best CBD oil is used by adults to help manage stress, anxiety, pain, and other ailments, but it’s also used in children and pets for similar reasons. CBD seems to show promise in helping to manage conditions like ADHD in children and is incredibly effective against seizure-inducing disorders like epilepsy.

Conclusion

CBD oil is here to stay, and with all of the incredible benefits the compound has to offer so far, we can only hope that further research reveals more. Until then, enjoy your new CBD oil and remember not all CBD oil is the same quality!

Who is selling in Islamabad ?
I need some THC juice for my vape.

Last i got some THC, and it was wonderful !

Hoping to see Pakistan embrace and encourage funding for research on cannabis, and the feasibility of using CBD in particular, for the treatment of chronic pain and cancer (to name but a few ailments). The opioid and benzodiazepam crisis in Pakistan is insane but hardly anyone talks about it. It is easy enough to buy Xanax over the counter, with no prescription or other verifiable credentials at all, and benzo addiction is terrible to suffer from, especially once the withdrawal takes effect. CBD would be a safer and non-addictive alternative that could stimulate the economy by adding jobs for people, and hopefully aid in bridging the rural to urban gap if handled responsibly. Hell, I think we should be actively researching the feasibility of using other psychoactive compounds (that are sadly abused way too often) from a standpoint of treating psychological ailments as well. I'm not advocating for complete legalization here, but considering the fact that cannabis is already so prevalent in Pakistan (and the local tullas are more concerned about the contents of your your wallets rather than with your morals when they catch you), it's time to address these concerns responsibly. The medical field should spearhead the drive to find safer, cheaper, and more universal alternatives to the mess that is the current pharmaceutical industry in Pakistan.

are you not worried that Vaping during this pandemic time puts you at more risk of lung infection?
It's a terrible cycle my dude. I'm not the guy you are replying to so obviously I am not speaking for him but personally, the multiple stresses about COVID-19 make me vape more (nicotine). Despite the fact that I know my lungs are in bad shape thanks to the years of smoking cigarettes and now vaping, it's just one more depressing fact added to a litany of dangers that stress me out and make me vape even more.

It's a terrible cycle my dude. I'm not the guy you are replying to so obviously I am not speaking for him but personally, the multiple stresses about COVID-19 make me vape more (nicotine). Despite the fact that I know my lungs are in bad shape thanks to the years of smoking cigarettes and now vaping, it's just one more depressing fact added to a litany of dangers that stress me out and make me vape even more.
i was asking him because i am going through the same phase as you.. i quit smoking just 2 months ago and started vaping nic salts 30mg.. i am not sure if it was a good idea or bad considering what happened now in the world.. now i am reading Vaping causes acute respiratory distress syndrome in some similar to what Covid-19 does... i made a compromise in my mind that i will take my chances of getting ARS compared to guaranteed death by Cancer. Now i am not sure whether my lungs are recovering from quitting smoking or damaging more because of Vaping... overall the uncertainty is killing me... only thing coming good out of this is my pocket.. Vaping is cheap as fcuk...

Last edited:
i was asking him because i am going through the same phase as you.. i quit smoking just 2 months ago and started vaping nic salts 30mg.. i am not sure if it was a good idea or bad considering what happened now in the world.. now i am reading Vaping causes acute respiratory distress syndrome in some similar to what Covid-19 does... i made a compromise in my mind that i will take my chances of getting ARS compared to guaranteed death by Cancer. Now i am not sure whether my lungs are recovering from quitting smoking or damaging more because of Vaping... overall the uncertainty is killing me... only thing coming good out of this is my pocket.. Vaping is cheap as fcuk...
Honestly, I feel like Vaping is much more dangerous for me than smoking cigarettes. Granted, cigarettes have tar, other carcinogens, and decades of scientific studies and real life examples documenting the toll that smoking takes on one's bodies. Keeping that in mind, it was relatively easier to quit smoking. Vaping is so much more insidious because of the uncertainty (no documented long-term studies on its harmful effects as of yet), the fact that you can vape with minimal fuss all day long pretty much anywhere, and the dangerously high nicotine content (57 mg per ml for me). So that's why I find it so hard to quit vaping. I've been vaping pretty much all day for about a year now, and weaning myself off that is very hard.

Honestly, I feel like Vaping is much more dangerous for me than smoking cigarettes. Granted, cigarettes have tar, other carcinogens, and decades of scientific studies and real life examples documenting the toll that smoking takes on one's bodies. Keeping that in mind, it was relatively easier to quit smoking. Vaping is so much more insidious because of the uncertainty (no documented long-term studies on its harmful effects as of yet), the fact that you can vape with minimal fuss all day long pretty much anywhere, and the dangerously high nicotine content (57 mg per ml for me). So that's why I find it so hard to quit vaping. I've been vaping pretty much all day for about a year now, and weaning myself off that is very hard.

nicotine causes your cells to become insulin resistance, and leads to Type II Diabetes - so yes, people tend to underestimate how much nicotine is ingested from vaping. With cigarettes at least you are forced to step out to smoke and thus limit your consumption.

my colleague in France a world renowned researcher, he vapes and eats nicotine chewing gum 24/7 - he has diabetes, the blood pressure of chetah running at a 100 mph and a 120 stents in his heart. A lovely man but he can not and will not give up nicotine.

With cigarettes at least you are forced to step out to smoke and thus limit your consumption.

Exactly, and since it makes your breath and your clothes reek, I used to only smoke when I knew I would not be interacting with anyone for a while and if I had enough time to freshen up. That meant that with my life at uni, smoking was not an option until class was over, and certainly not an option before using public transport. With vaping, there are no such worries. I used to vape in class lol, at the very back; that's how much of a nicotine fiend I became.

Exactly, and since it makes your breath and your clothes reek, I used to only smoke when I knew I would not be interacting with anyone for a while and if I had enough time to freshen up. That meant that with my life at uni, smoking was not an option until class was over, and certainly not an option before using public transport. With vaping, there are no such worries. I used to vape in class lol, at the very back; that's how much of a nicotine fiend I became.

Well I know people that smoke, vape and pop nicotine lozenges - I think they have some blood in the nicotine coursing through their veins. Amazingly some people seem totally immune to this abuse.

From what I hear CBD is a disappointment in delivering the benefits as claimed, however THC deliverers the goods !

Back
Top Bottom