What's new

New target: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore leaves Army, joins BJP

wolfschanzze

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
​New target: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore leaves Army, joins BJP - The Times of India

JAIPUR/BANGALORE: Many would have been surprised to see Colonel Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore on the dais along with BJP strongman Narendra Modi here on Tuesday. The Athens Olympics silver medallist was, after all, a hardcore Armyman.

It soon became clear that the 43-year-old shooter was changing jobs. Having served the Army for long, he was switching to politics, and BJP was his chosen party. "It is an agnipariksha I am willing to take, if I can bring satisfaction to myself and many others," Rathore said.

Elaborating on his "tough decision", Rathore, who took VRS after an illustrious careers which began with the Sword of Honour at the Indian Military Academy in 1990, said he is driven by a new passion.

"You have a sense of drive. We talk about the issues in India. But when it comes to doing things why should we shy away. Especially in a position that I'm in, I could have picked the easy way out but that's not my character shaped up by my training in Army and sports. It's our country and we must stand by it," Rathore told TOI.

Admitting that he was planning this move for the last two years, Rathore said: "It was always going on in my mind. The thought of empowerment of our youth is really exciting. As this became a driving force, the individual excellence in Olympics seems to shrink in front of it. I truly believe I can make a difference."

Rathore has taken voluntary retirement from the Army after 23 years of service. "I am indebted to the Indian Army, from my birth till now; I have grown and imbibed the indomitable spirit of this fighting force," he said.

Born in Jaisalmer, it was but natural for Rathore to launch his political career in Rajasthan. "I know, politics and politicians are hated but I still believe in goodness of a heart that has selfless intentions. With the grace of god, I will make a difference," he said.

But the champion shooter admitted that it was tough call to convince his family. "We have no political connection. Joining politics and doing well is difficult for my family to think. It's a very tough decision for my family. But once they understood my driving force, which is as strong as it as when I went into a field where winning an Olympic medal was unthinkable, they have agreed to back me completely," Rathore said.

Rathore says he has faith in BJP and that's why he chose the saffron party. "India today needs decisive leadership and I see that leadership in Narendra Modi and Vasundhara Raje," he said. "Like a general that leads from the front, he (Modi) has galvanised a nation that had forgotten to believe. He deserves a chance."

Good move ..... :tup:

I hope Gen. V.K.Singh also joins BJP . He will make one hell of a Defence Minister .

I think he was sharing dias with Anna Hazre ji, will he change his mind ??I think he will oblige only if promised to be given free hand as a defence minister.I am looking forward to that day when we have Modi as PM and Vijay Singh sir as defence minister.That would be akin dream come true for me.

I think he was sharing dias with Anna Hazre ji, will he change his mind ??I think he will oblige only if promised to be given free hand as a defence minister.I am looking forward to that day when we have Modi as PM and Vijay Singh sir as defence minister.That would be akin dream come true for me.

According to the last update from him , he does not wish to join BJP .

I hope he changes his mind .

22470876.cms

Great news. I want General sing to Join BJP. I want BJP to project General singh as the CM of Delhi. So that Delhi may get a clean CM. Delhi badly need him after corrupt shila regime.

Great news. I want General sing to Join BJP. I want BJP to project General singh as the CM of Delhi. So that Delhi may get a clean CM. Delhi badly need him after corrupt shila regime.

More ex army men need to join BJP, it ll help us to have good leaders,
btw now he is not sickular for khongress, piggivija & co.

That post is reserved for Aravind Kejriwal..:) Gen. Singh is best choice for Defence Min.

BTW, I'm a big fan of both NaMo & AAP.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom