What's new

New Taiwanese missiles could reach China

Err!

Hongkong was given to Britain on lease, when the lease was up, Britain handed over Hong Kong to China....

Learn the history first....

I think Jiu Long (the inner half of Hong Kong) was leased and Hong Kong Island (the outer half) was permanently ceded to Britain. China violated international law and coerced the Britons to return Hong Kong Island upon the lease expiration of Jiu Long. But then again, was colonization ever legal?

I think Jiu Long (the inner half of Hong Kong) was leased and Hong Kong Island (the outer half) was permanently ceded to Britain. China violated international law and coerced the Britons to return Hong Kong Island upon the lease expiration of Jiu Long. But then again, was colonization ever legal?

china violated nothing coercion is not against any international law else nearly every country would be tried, the Britons chose to give it up(it being illegal in the first place though). though i will say that the area is indefensible should china invade and take it back by force and china had suggested that it would invade should Briton refuse.

what taiwan government and people want cannot be denied. i would say, let them take care of themselves.

china violated nothing coercion is not against any international law else nearly every country would be tried, the Britons chose to give it up(it being illegal in the first place though). though i will say that the area is indefensible should china invade and take it back by force and china had suggested that it would invade should Briton refuse.

Hong Kong was ALWAYS Chinese, in terms of culture/ethnicity/tradition or any other indicator you choose. Take a walk on the streets, and everyone here is Chinese.

Hong Kong was stolen by the British during the era of colonization, and in 1997 we simply returned back to our rightful home. :tup:

what taiwan government and people want cannot be denied. i would say, let them take care of themselves.

The KMT (Taiwanese government) wants reunification under KMT rule.

The CCP (Chinese government) wants reunification under CCP rule.

Both sides want reunification, and both sides believe in "One China". Where they differ, is on the terms of reunification.

The KMT (Taiwanese government) wants reunification under KMT rule.

The CCP (Chinese government) wants reunification under CCP rule.

Both sides want reunification, and both sides believe in "One China". Where they differ, is on the terms of reunification.

well...than i guess..it's more a political issue than an social issue or similar to that.
but one i would say is that, china cannot/should not enforce anything on taiwan, because china doesn't want taiwan to be used by the USA against themselves.

well...than i guess..it's more a political issue than an social issue or similar to that.
but one i would say is that, china cannot/should not enforce anything on taiwan, because china doesn't want taiwan to be used by the USA against themselves.

Yes, I don't think China should enforce anything on Taiwan.

Just give them enough time, and they will see for themselves. Reunification under the PRC will look more positive as time goes on, as China becomes more developed, both economically and politically.

Taiwan is 98% Han Chinese, I don't want another civil war where more Chinese blood will be spilled. We've seen enough of that already. No more brothers killing brothers.

Shouldn't? Your right.
But cannot? nob. The problem been if independence is about to happed, mainland must react to it,and mostlikely by force,because there isn't any choose. Or China would also fall apart. Be it Xinjian or Tibet, more rebelion would happen. It is the baseline of Mainland,because if CCP can't hold china as whole, people won't be very happy about it. And all the promise made by Mao at 1949,that China is strong again is gone.

This is very clear view of CCP and Chinse as a whole. the same reason US never agree on any taiwan independence movement, because they know if you push China to a point which has no fallback position,then the reaction would be bad. And as US has promise that they would stay to defened taiwan in case of attack,they would be also in world of sh.it(politicly they can't ignore that promise). Even been the only military superpower,I doubt US want to try it with China,not that close to mainland.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom