What's new

New Taiwanese missiles could reach China

Err!

Hongkong was given to Britain on lease, when the lease was up, Britain handed over Hong Kong to China....

Learn the history first....

What he meant is One Nation Two System, which proved to be working very well.

The reality is that, both side will not go to war, the one and only exception is if Taiwan declare independence.

All these arms deployment are mainly for political reasons. Ever since the later development stage of the Jimen Artillery wars, all shootings are just for shows.

In later part of Jinmen's artillery exchanges, there had been an unwritten agreement that PRC will fire a few rounds at certain time/day so that ROC side can go into fortified tunnels, and ROC fired back at alternate time/day and PRC side can hide away.

Not like they're going to be used.

If they fire first, then we know the outcome. They're not going to shoot first.
If we fire first they're not going to even take off. It'll be like US tomahawks destroying all of Saddam's air force on the ground.

Both governments know it, and this is just for show.

1900 missiles!!
All things considered.. if even half of them hit..
Taiwan would look like a fireworks factory from space..
China has outgrown Taiwan...
The best possible solution for this can be on the lines of the reunification of Hong Kong.. But I doubt the Americans will ever let this happen..if the population of both sides wishes for it.

That basically means Taiwan will also fire back its missiles,and even if they fire half of that of china,that is more than enough to sink numerous cities of China,it will b better if they solve the issue amicably rather than muscle showing.

That basically means Taiwan will also fire back its missiles,and even if they fire half of that of china,that is more than enough to sink numerous cities of China,it will b better if they solve the issue amicably rather than muscle showing.

Consider the numeros that Taiwan could fire back if mainland start it first, and also count those that would be shoot down(and those that missed). The dmg is quite little.
I think these things is quite a pointless,because if there is a war,then taiwan would be the loser. The money they use on these missiles would much better use on spy work or oil the US senatos's pockets. Way more dmg to mainland.

:smitten:

if they fire first, we all know what the result is.

if they fire second, they won't get to fire at all. so when are they going to use it?

a much better use of this money is to bribe some US politicos and wall street alligators for more aid.

Err!

Hongkong was given to Britain on lease, when the lease was up, Britain handed over Hong Kong to China....

Learn the history first....

First, what is the point of this, do you mean if it was not a lease, then China would be unable to take HK back?

Second, not the whole HK was leased. the present HK consists of three parts, which are Hongkong Island, Kowloon, New Territories. If I am not mistaken, according to the Nanjing Treaty signed after Opium War, HongKong Island literally would be possessed by Britain in perpetuity. China chose to recover the soveregnity of HK in 1997 because the lease of New Territories expired that year.

provision regarding HK in Nanjing Treaty

ARTICLE III.   
It being obviously necessary and desirable, that British Subjects should have some Port whereat they may careen and refit their Ships, when required, and keep Stores for that purpose, His Majesty the Emperor of China cedes to Her Majesty the Queen of Great Britain, etc., the Island of Hongkong, to be possessed in perpetuity by Her Britannic Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, and to be governed by such Laws and Regulations as Her Majesty the Queen of Great Britain, etc., shall see fit to direct.

I have no problem with Taiwan developing their own weapons, but I do oppose any country trying to make money out of Chinese internal conflicts by selling weapons to Taiwan.

I have no problem with Taiwan developing their own weapons, but I do oppose any country trying to make money out of Chinese internal conflicts by selling weapons to Taiwan.

Now THAT is very nice american way's of thinking. "We can do it but you can't". Just liittel facts about chinese weapon sells:
North vietnam vs South Vietnam
North Korea vs South Korea
Srilanka civil-war(or terrorism,which you want to put it)
Sudan civil-war

Now THAT is very nice american way's of thinking. "We can do it but you can't". Just liittel facts about chinese weapon sells:
North vietnam vs South Vietnam
North Korea vs South Korea
Srilanka civil-war(or terrorism,which you want to put it)
Sudan civil-war

are you an american plant? just change your flag to US one. only a white american could be this shameless and ignorant.

and it's ok for china to sell weapons to pakistan which will be used against India in case of a kashmir conflict (also an Internal conflict)?

if they fire first, we all know what the result is.

if they fire second, they won't get to fire at all. so when are they going to use it?

a much better use of this money is to bribe some US politicos and wall street alligators for more aid.
All the more reasons why China should attack Taiwan now and lay waste to the island. The US will not defend an island filled with dead bodies.

are you an american plant? just change your flag to US one. only a white american could be this shameless and ignorant.

LOL. Ignorans is just yours, check the fact befor you make that kind of accusation. shameless? How did you get that?

:welcome: to earth!

What is a "american plant"? You mean a webwatcher? That only happen in Mainland china. In the west,you don't need watch ppl's speach, only need to manipulate the media,they will do the job for you.

BTW:you do know that china DO sell weaponry to all those country I listed? It's not a secret. Just check Norinco's sells.

Back
Top Bottom