What's new

New realities in Afghanistan

Thats not entirely correct.

India as may have been noticed is developing and needs energy. Towards that Dams have been constructed along the flow of rivers.

This is within our part of the deal.

Oh yes. Till this date, India has not used or diverted the 3 rivers it has complete rights on. Now, whose fault it is if Pakistan has not utilised it.
Other than the Kishanganga Project, which was opened recently, no project has been ever executed, though now with money, process are being started. The question, is what Pakistan did all these years? Did they think India will simply turn a blind eye to its hydroelectric potential or lets say strategic thinking.

Last but not the least, India has its own water problems. Droughts are getting common starting from Maharastra to Tamil Nadu. The Northern Perennial rivers are essential to maintain India's water scarcity. We cannot be blamed for non starting of projects on Pakistani side.
Its not as if, India had did its homework good. The last year Chennai floods, resulted in lots of water wasted into ocean. British canals and drainage systems prevented Chennai from greater destruction. The thing is works have started atleast "now" in earnest. Have it started in Pakistan?

If you re-read what I wrote, I never suggested that the sole purpose of various dams in Indian-occupied Kashmir was to control Pakistan's water. Of course they also produce electricity, one would hope. But what I did suggest was that we shouldn't be naive --- there is a strategic element there. Baglihar has gated control of the spillways, for example, and this is problematic, even if it's "legal" under the Indus Water Treaty (this is also a tricky point since Pakistan did lose international arbitration over this issue --- mostly due to a poorly made case by the Pakistani govt/lawyers... which brings me to my next point...)

...is Pakistan to blame? Of course! Each country must take responsibility of its own strategic needs, especially something as important as water security! The failure lies totally in pathetic Pakistani governance (including during the Mush years).

Hope this clarifies things and you have the maturity to at least entertain the possibility that some of the "upstream" Indian dams (upriver from Pakistan) probably have strategic significance too.

Let's get back on topic. Nobody mentioned the hypocrisy of Afghanistan / India pointing fingers at Pakistan for state-sponsorship of terrorism when their own hands are soaked in terrorist-sponsoring blood. This is the grand irony. The Western media, backed by the US govt's need to prop up India as a possible regional counterweight to China and prop up Afghanistan so the entire $1 trillion dollar war effort doesn't seem like a total waste (which it essentially will be when history is written), is very, very lenient when it comes to India and Afghanistan's sponsorship of militant movements in the region.

You have got to quite understand that this is a result of Indian diplomacy and we are just enjoying the fruits of all these years. You may quite surprised to learn that Indo-Soviet Friendship treaty in which Soviet is required to help India in case of war (which it did in 1971) is still in place with Russia, while at the same time now enjoying relationships with USA. Not to point out close relationship with Iran and Israel.

Citizens living abroad are all our good will ambassadors. Its not our fault, many Pakistanis or origin people get caught for bomb blasts in Western nations, and truth be told, that is an impression created in minds of western minds. Now if you go to a foreigner and tell them Indians are terrorists, he will give you an expression like "what".

As for militanism, Pakistanis have got to quite understand that evidence speaks. Precursor to Kulbushan Yadav, lots of "RAW" agents were captured. Finally what happened. All were fake news. Ur Interior minister admitted there was no direct evidence to RAW or India but only patterns. (Before the capture of latest "spy" of course). Evidence speaks. KGB, or CIA or MI6 does not have iota of evidence linking RAW to any of terrorists activities in Pakistan, atleast in last 15 years. You can still make an strong case of Kulbushan Yadav. But I can see, after the euphoria, now interest in getting waned. I do not even know if he has been admitted to court and FIR filed.
Bottomline is, Pakistan must bulldoze its radicals and radical machinery, and dismantle terrorism as a strategic weapon. And hope overseas Pakistanis do not engage in terrorism.

I agree that radicalism is a major problem, and something that needs to be checked in your country too, but I disagree with some of the other points.

I think the US is very aware of India's support to certain Baloch and Tamil terrorist groups to name just two. I also believe that for all the finger-pointing at the ISI, smoking gun evidence is hard to come by --- otherwise it would follow the accusations (both from India and the US).

The US chooses to overlook your support of terrorists, just as it chooses to overlook the horrible human rights records of many dictatorships that buy its arms --- yet wants to "enforce" democracy elsewhere. Who are we kidding? Your PM could not even get a US visa earlier --- now he is being coddled.

My point is --- US leniency towards your darker policies is giving you the illusion that India itself is achieving something phenomenal. The US propped up Pakistan when it needed to against Communism. Ayub Khan got rockstar treatment, sort of like Modi today. The US believes it needs to empower you to counter China, and its massive information warfare machinery is helping peddle the illusion that you're not guilty of sponsoring terrorism. Just be careful of the time when this need expires.

And it doesn't help your "we don't support terrorists" stance when your NSA brags about using terrorists by paying them more ;)

You have got to quite understand that this is a result of Indian diplomacy and we are just enjoying the fruits of all these years. You may quite surprised to learn that Indo-Soviet Friendship treaty in which Soviet is required to help India in case of war (which it did in 1971) is still in place with Russia, while at the same time now enjoying relationships with USA. Not to point out close relationship with Iran and Israel.

Citizens living abroad are all our good will ambassadors. Its not our fault, many Pakistanis or origin people get caught for bomb blasts in Western nations, and truth be told, that is an impression created in minds of western minds. Now if you go to a foreigner and tell them Indians are terrorists, he will give you an expression like "what".

As for militanism, Pakistanis have got to quite understand that evidence speaks. Precursor to Kulbushan Yadav, lots of "RAW" agents were captured. Finally what happened. All were fake news. Ur Interior minister admitted there was no direct evidence to RAW or India but only patterns. (Before the capture of latest "spy" of course). Evidence speaks. KGB, or CIA or MI6 does not have iota of evidence linking RAW to any of terrorists activities in Pakistan, atleast in last 15 years. You can still make an strong case of Kulbushan Yadav. But I can see, after the euphoria, now interest in getting waned. I do not even know if he has been admitted to court and FIR filed.
Bottomline is, Pakistan must bulldoze its radicals and radical machinery, and dismantle terrorism as a strategic weapon. And hope overseas Pakistanis do not engage in terrorism.

More Indian trolling bs and propaganda nonsense. The new mayor of London is a Pakistani and a Muslim. The 1st non-white cabinet Minister in the UK is a Pakistani Muslim, Sajid Javid. The mayor of London is a very powerful political position in the UK. Even though there are more indians in the UK than Pakistanis, we are the 1st non-white people to have members of our community as mayor of London and a cabinet minister. indians do not. No other non-white community can match this. Not known outside the UK, Pakistanis enjoy a lot of political power in England. Probably more so than any other non-white community. That's why Islam and Pakistani culture is promoted quite heavily in the UK which causes resentment and envy from groups like the edl and Britain first.

By the way, unlike indians, the only way Pakistan is going to solve it's problems and become powerful is when we start treating eachother as brothers and sisters and trying our utmost. Apart from China and Turkey, we are not going to get anything from other countries nor do us Pakistanis really care either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom