What's new

new radar for Tayer Al Sabah (modiefied SA-2)

Anas Ali

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
the Egyptian Air defense forces upgraded its sa-2 batteries with a new radar i read this in a magazine about air defense but as always they didn't mention what is this radar and its specs so is it a local built radar or not ? and if it not local please brothers if any of you recognize this radar let me know .
7001xk_zps8305ce22.jpg

the Egyptian Air defense forces upgraded its sa-2 batteries with a new radar i read this in a magazine about air defense but as always they didn't mention what is this radar and its specs so is it a local built radar or not ? and if it not local please brothers if any of you recognize this radar let me know .
7001xk_zps8305ce22.jpg

Upgraded with a Chinese radar usually used on their KS-1 system.

Extract from the systems Wiki page

This unique design feature means that it is the first Chinese SAM to adopt an indigenous planar passive phased array engagement radar, designated the H-200, which can simultaneously track multiple targets 100+ km away, it can guide six missiles to three targets at the same time (two missiles at each target). The new radars substantially improve the sytems performance over the original KS-1.

And

Components of the KS-1A system such as the modern planar array engagement radars could be used for upgrading legacy HQ-2 and S-75 systems, dramatically improving their performance.

While in discussion with other defence enthusiasts on other forums and some dated information on the Egyptian SA-2 we think that this now gives the missile a range of 80km and improving its minimum altitude. It also allows whats stated in the first quote.

HQ-12-KS-1A-TEL-Radar-1S.jpg

7001xk-Copy_zpsfbbfe9db.jpg

although there is a slight difference in shape between the h-200 radar and the one used by Egypt but its veryyyyyyy close and maybe its same but different version
thanks a lot Frogman

Back
Top Bottom