What's new

New PIA chairman not to get salary, benefits

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
new-pia-chairman-not-to-get-salary-benefits-1413671859-9823.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The newly appointed Chairman of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Nasser Jaffer has a sound business background and is part of a noted business group and he would not draw any salary from PIA, the airline said on Saturday.
According to his profile shared by PIA, Jaffer is a businessman and presently the chief executive officer (CEO) of Jaffer Brothers Private Limited and chairman of Jaffer Group of Companies. He studied at California Polytechnic State University.
“Under his command, it is hoped that a new dynamism will be infused in PIA, the country’s flagship air carrier, and it will take off towards a new phase of expansion, growth and customer satisfaction,” a PIA statement said.
Commenting on his appointment, the new PIA chairman said, “I am grateful on being given stewardship of the national flag carrier and I am sure I will endeavour to transform PIA into a profitable and feasible organisation again through a practical business strategy.”
The PIA said that its new chairman will not be taking any salary or fringe benefits from the airline and will “dedicate his time, experience and knowledge as his contribution to the success of Pakistan and PIA”.
“As an experienced business leader with an in-depth knowledge and insights of management processes, he is expected to provide leadership in the achievement of PIA’s short and long-term goals.
He is also expected to translate his vigour into the organisation’s services as its strongest element,” the airline stated.
“PIA has always been a source of pride and prestige both for the people of Pakistan as well as its employees. It is a part of the national heritage and the country’s future vision. I am sure I will be able to add value to the viable growth of this great airline,” the PIA chairman said.
Earlier, Jaffer served on the PIA Board of Directors from July 3, 2013 to August 1, 2013. He is at present chairman of the PIA Board’s Information Technology Steering Committee as well as member of the PIA Board’s Audit and Fleet Management Committee.

New PIA chairman not to get salary, benefits

Institutes should not be run by business men or business families & under corrupt rule nothing good is expected.

PIA is continuously getting targeted by the corrupt for personal interests. Where as if Pak Railways & PIA are run with complete honesty they will generate huge revenue for Pakistan but you all can see how these corrupt & spineless politicians are targeting revenue generating institutes.

Institutes should not be run by business men or business families & under corrupt rule nothing good is expected.

PIA is continuously getting targeted by the corrupt for personal interests. Where as if Pak Railways & PIA are run with complete honesty they will generate huge revenue for Pakistan but you all can see how these corrupt & spineless politicians are targeting revenue generating institutes.

he dosnt need salary and perks and he is not corrupt (as i am fortunate to know him)

he dosnt need salary and perks and he is not corrupt (as i am fortunate to know him)

That was my opinion & I did not say he is corrupt. Also I have said what is happening with PIA & Pak Railways which are huge assets for Pakistan.

We need innovative minds, focused on making PIA a customer specific institution and improving the peoples mindset of the company (which obviously comes through improving the companies performance, in terms of Customer Service, Flight Timings and Better flying experience).

Hope to see some big things from this guy.:pakistan:

In Pakistan only those are not corrupt who don't get chance to do corruption. Cutting shady deals and making commission is not the only form of corruption. Letting incapable people be appointed, not firing useless employees, keeping one's eyes closed from ongoing corruption, shady operations etc are also the forms of corruption and sometimes much more damaging than the classic corruption. PIA is an institution which is corrupt from top to bottom, even the pilots and air hostesses are involved in smuggling and when stopped, resort to blackmailing. At any rate, we will learn pretty fast how PIA will do under his leadership and if his good reputation (as per you) helped PIA. Personally I think either he will resign (like Rao Qamar) or become one of them who are currently running/killing PIA.

We need innovative minds, focused on making PIA a customer specific institution and improving the peoples mindset of the company (which obviously comes through improving the companies performance, in terms of Customer Service, Flight Timings and Better flying experience).

Hope to see some big things from this guy.:pakistan:
We need 'danda' which is inserted from the bottom and taken out from the mouth of the corrupts in PIA. Only harshest and draconian actions will do something positive.

In Pakistan only those are not corrupt who don't get chance to do corruption. Cutting shady deals and making commission is not the only form of corruption. Letting incapable people be appointed, not firing useless employees, keeping one's eyes closed from ongoing corruption, shady operations etc are also the forms of corruption and sometimes much more damaging than the classic corruption. PIA is an institution which is corrupt from top to bottom, even the pilots and air hostesses are involved in smuggling and when stopped, resort to blackmailing. At any rate, we will learn pretty fast how PIA will do under his leadership and if his good reputation (as per you) helped PIA. Personally I think either he will resign (like Rao Qamar) or become one of them who are currently running/killing PIA.
PIA has an office in Sydney, when it doesn't even fly to it. And they make thousands of dollars ($60k a year is about 60 lakh. For nothing!)

That's corruption.

Back
Top Bottom