New PAF chief assumes charge today

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
New PAF chief assumes charge today

By Sajjad Malik

ISLAMABAD: The new Chief of Air Staff (CAS) Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman will take command of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) at the Air Headquarters today (Wednesday).

The 19th chief of air staff was born in 1954 and got his initial education at PAF College Sargodha. He joined the PAF in 1975. The CAS is a fighter pilot, a qualified flying instructor and has served as an instructor at the Combat Commanders School.

Suleman has served as deputy director in PAF Operations Branch, assistant chief of the air staff (plans) and the PAF deputy inspector general at Inspector General’s Branch, the Air War College commandant, the Southern Air Command air officer commanding and Air Force Strategic Command director general. Before his appointment as the CAS, he was serving as the Air Staff (Operations) deputy chief.

Married with three children, Suleman has been awarded Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-i-Basalat, Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Separately, the outgoing CAS Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed paid a farewell call on President Asif Zardari on Tuesday.

We thank ACM Tanvir Mehmood for his services to the nation!:

Back
Top Bottom