What's new

New National Anthem

AM,
My Grandfather who is 88 years old Arthritis Patient and gets on his feet and sings the Anthem when its Played on TV on National days. With moist eyes and Pride...Not Because he is bound to but because his generation understands the Value of the Anthem and Flag. According to him the Anthem reminds you of the Struggle, Sacrifices and Resolve of the Nation and is not just another song that we Call Anthem.

To Quote him while he is sitting next to me

"The National Anthem should be used as a tool by the Citizens of the Country to recall the struggle, Inspiration and Resolve to Change the State of Affairs of the Nation and not Change the National Anthem itself to mock the State of Affairs".
For One is demeaning the Struggle of the forefathers who collectively brought you the Symbol of the National Struggle in what you call as Flag and National Anthem...."

Whats next...changing the Flag of the country to mock someone and state of affairs ?

Unquote.

Please disregard my post if it sounds absurd to some of you.

My GrandFather also use to do the same thing God bless him even when he was in his seventies and was suffering from tuberculosis and belonging to the PA, served both under the British indian army and was involved in WW2 and then again in 65 and 71. He still use to stand straight like a solider when ever National Anthem was played anywhere either over the television or actually. We Pakistanis of today have lost it all no moral values, no ethics, no nothing.

The purpose of posting was not to disgrace the national anthem or the nation. I just came across this floating on the web and thought should share it with you guys. The purpose was to show that how much time and effort some one has put in to create this out of perhaps anti PPP sentiments or the creator is perhaps a patriotic Pakistani who believe this might happen if Mr. Zardari becomes President.

My family did serve the country and continues to do soo either in uniform or other fields.

One more point a nation is not soo weak or should not be soo weak that it feels threatened or humiliated just because some one has written a few lines about its national anthem.

thats not funny u noe..
if we start making fun of our own anthem, others gona start aswell..i noe its joke but still i feel offended

Back
Top Bottom